ColorBurst, Part 2 ~ The Siege

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: ColorBurst, Part 2 ~ The Siege

Post by BriksKrieg » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Colette wrote:I guess that Galacian had too much vodka before the battle.
*heavy russian accents* You see Ivan, if you have too many vodka before battle, you play absolute best ded, and wake up at crucial moment to win.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Post by Archduke » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:58 pm

I need orders from Trattoria
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Archduke

ColorBurst, Part 2 ~ The Siege

Post by Archduke » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:56 pm

Concentrated fire from the Space Austrians annihilates 5 Galacians

The Galacians fire back, killing a Burgher and the Gauss gunner

The tank almost runs over the Trattorians, two of them manage to get out of the way, while the third jumps on the tank, taking control of the turret

The Trattorians fire at the tower, but their shots just bounce off.

Suddenly a ship appears in the sky, it's some kind of dropship.

...all systems check...
...readings are normal...
...units powering up...
...we are at 100%...
...Do we have link with the subjects?...
...yes, alright...
...you will be contacted shortly...
...we are go for launch...
...LAUNCH!...

two explosions appear on the underside of the ship.
something falls towards the ground, retro-burners fire, creating a cloud of dust.

And there they stand

???: This is colorburst units 9 and 10, we have landed.
General: Good, go in for the kill.

Natalya wrote:
Image Image

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 pm

oh fuck
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:24 pm

Barnacles... Why'd it have to be barnacles?

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 pm

This looks like a job for...
COMBAT
SQUAD
LECHRANGER

Archduke

ColorBurst, Part 2 ~ The Siege final turn and Epilouge

Post by Archduke » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:09 pm

The Trattorians fire at the massive robots, but their rounds harmlessly ping off their armor. (blurry)

The Galacians are unable to kill anyone, but the Space Austrians mow 3 of them down. (A fourth guy tries to pick up the Gauss gun and accidentally fries himself)

One of the units tears a limb from Amadeus, there is a great sound of ripping and a fountain of blood
He wields the severed limb as a great spear, stabbing it into the monster's head

The massive robot slowly plunges his newly found weapon into his foe, screams emanating from the robot as it forces the bladed arm through it's body, blood pouring for the once formidable beast as the blade split its spine, cracking metal plates and searing through the soft matter below

Legislator: oh well, *cough* It's not like I was up for reelection anyway.

The mecha lets our a cry pf anger as it stands above it's broken foe. The remaining Galacian forces retreat in terror, bringing the battle to a close.

Epilogue:

Location: Project COLORBURST headquarters, deep inside Vienna II

General Von Berg: Fascinating, a structure that is neither biological nor technological, neither monster nor machine. Although,
I'm sure it's more like our units than any of us are willing to admit, those things bleed too.

Someone enters behind him

Boy: What's going on? where are we?

Von Berg: I'll explain in time. Do you have a name? I mean, before you came here?

Boy: Yes, it's-

Von Berg: (cutting him off) you know what, I don't care.

Boy: You didn't answer my question, where are we? What's going on? What is that thing we fought?

Von Berg: Well, the council advised me to give you small bits of information shrouded in mystery and metaphorical jargon over a series of several meetings, but I say screw all that. Here are the facts. I'm General Von Berg, in charge of the COLORBURST program. I know COLORBURST is a nonsensical name, but the name we wanted to use was trademarked, apparently by the Trattorian science and intelligence division that dreamed up that thing (he gestures at Amadeus). Anyway that's beside the point, we are currently in the secret COLORBURST facility, a.k.a "flash point mantle" as for what is going on, a year ago we discovered an ancient battle station from an unknown race of beings, our attempts at using it to develop our superweapon program bore no fruit. however, we had much more success using the technology to develop massive robots which combine natural and artificial matter. You piloted the first of these units, Commissar, otherwise known as unit 9. We started at 9 because we though that would make it seem like we had more units. If the other nations thought we were trying to defend an entire section of the galaxy with two mechas, everyone would think we desperate or something. Quite recently we finished construction on unit 10. You will remember her from the battle, unit 10 is piloted by that girl we kidnapped at the same time as you. And No, we're not not letting you see her any time soon.
Now, you didn't ask about this but, I'm going to assume you want to know about your family. There is at least one individual with a similar genetic signature as yours near the Brittanian sector, but that's all we know of. Admittedly it was hoped that you might have family within our empire, but you don't seem to. And now finally, what were you fighting? Well, short answer, we're not sure. It seems as if it's quite similar to the units you pilot, except it needs no minifig to function. We are still studying it however. I just hope there aren't more of them.
Does that answer your questions?

Boy: I'm not sure

Von Berg: well, that's all the time I have for today. You don't seen to be experiencing the psychological side-effects as we had expected, so I suspect that you will live long enough for us to talk again. So I'll tell you more later.
You can set up an appointment at the main desk on the fifth floor, see if you can get Anna to set it up for you.

He takes a drink from his cup as he walks away.

[TO BE CONTINUED]
Natalya wrote:
Image Image

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:08 pm

its named amadeus cos they really like falco
Image Image

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:42 pm

I feel a little robbed by this battle. :(

The story is cool though. Once the mechs came in, it was clear where it was going. I like the face on that grey one; it's a novel design and it's both kind of goofy and kind of scary.

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Neubeginn: Anbetung
Wilhelm, get inn die robot!

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:31 am

Planet Trattoria, Meritocratic Republic of Trattoria

Legislator Singh: I've informed Legislator Rochambeau of the news. It looks like District 19 will be holding a special election.
Speaker Fonténe: Serves her right, whatever her name was again. Going into an active warzone? Availing herself of a physical weapon? The levels to which members of this body will stoop nowadays for reelection, I haven't seen such brazen skullduggery since Legislator Wood and her Mechanized Division. An insult to one of us is an insult to us all.
Legislator Singh: She did vote with us quite often, including for the declaration of war on Space Austria. Legislator Minase will be especially unhappy losing one of her war hawks.
Speaker Fonténe: Confound Dr. Minase, she is no better. She will be the ruin of this nation, I tell you. And I hear rumors that she plots a run for the presidency in 2020? It gives me shivers.
Legislator Singh: Nonetheless, Space Austria just assassinated a Trattorian Legislator. I can assure you the Citizens of District 19 will not return a dove. And the rest of the Legislature will feel the pressure. Regardless of what you think of Dr. Minase, we may have to work with her even more before the morning comes.

-----

Commercium system, Meritocratic Republic of Trattoria

Legislator Minase: My fellow Trattorians. Tragedy has struck this nation today - the treacherous Space Austria, a rogue nation guilty of using treaty-banned weapons of mass destruction and anti-scientific magik on friend and foe alike, has killed one of our own honorable Legislators.

My colleague Legislator Ramachandran and I forecasted the duplicity of this precarious evil empire when we co-sponsored the resolution to declare war on them. It is now clear that they must be wiped out if we are to secure the galaxy. Though Trattoria may value tranquility and order in the galaxy, there are those who disagree with us, and diplomatic methods will not allay them! Only through the physical assertion of our values can we ensure peace! Trattoria is the greatest intellectual power in the galaxy, we should not shy from declaring so. Only with your support can we eradicate the Space Austrian vermin from this existence!

Science bless Trattoria!

-----
Out of character wrote:Hope you don't mind the intrusion, I can delete it if you want. Good job with the battle!