Welcome to Hell! Unfortunately for you, Hell is not a nice place to be.
There's a river of boiling blood.
Pits of snakes.
Cerberus, a three-headed dog that eats the gluttonous.
Demons to amplify your already unbearable suffering.
Giant stone faces representative of your sin.
Satan himself munching on the greatest traitors of all history.
An absolutely okay Skeleton band that never improves.
And worst of all, you! You are all part of a fresh batch of sinners. Normally you would be sorted into your ring by now, but Satan has decided to have a little fun.
You have awakened in Limbo, the first and mildest ring of Hell. You are outfitted with your weapon of choice and a command from Satan: Kill your fellow sinners and collect their skulls, then meet him at the top for your reward.
You cannot truly die in Hell, but Satan has placed limits on this game. Should you be killed you will respawn on a random ring (2D4). You can respawn twice before you are out of the game and permanently assigned to your ring of torment. Every skull you collect from your peers is worth a Benny that can be used for anything: extra armor, extra movement, extra skill, extra damage.
However, Satan is prepared to offer you a special gift in exchange for Bennies, should you reach him on his perch: eternal life as a demon. Be the tormentor instead of the tormented! A single Benny will transform you into a lesser demon like those you see on the rings (1D8 skill and 2D6 armor). Give him two or more Bennies and your size,strength, and hideousness will grow in kind.
Sign up begins now! You get a single fig with 2 respawns. If you see somebody in Limbo (the baseplate) that you want as your character then let me know. If you'd like a different weapon, let me know. If you would like a fig with a specific look that isn't on the table, let me know (send a picture if you can) and I can almost certainly put it together. Lastly, please give the (ridiculous) sin that sent you down here. Examples: ate shrimp, didn’t close his eyes when someone was saying Grace one time, played D&D, let a dog drink holy water, once said “God darn it”, wore polyester clothes, trimmed off his sideburns, laughed at a Pearl Harbor joke, flipped off the Pope, twerked at a wedding, etc.
This is going to be an enormous battle with no limit to the number of players. Sign up ends Monday afternoon, although I'll allow late comers with reduced respawns to balance it out. Tuesday morning I'll post turn 0 and you can all send in your orders. Alternatively, if I'm busy Monday night then I may wait until Wednesday to get started.
The time between turns will depend on the number of players, but most likely it'll be 2 turns per week. If you don't get me orders in time then someone from one of my gaming groups will get to do your turn.
- When you kill someone (another player or animated NPC) you get a skull. These skulls are retained until you spend them.
- Skulls can be spent as Bennies to add to any stat on your turn. Extra movement, extra damage, extra range, extra skill.
- Should you reach Ring 9 (the top of the tower) you can spend your accumulated skulls (you don't have to spend all of them) to be transformed into a demon with superior stats. More skulls = even bigger and better.
- You start the game with 2 respawns. When killed you will start your next turn on a random ring (determined by rolling 2D4), but lose 1 respawn. When killed with 0 respawns left you are out of the game.
- You keep any skulls you accumulated when you die; your killer gets a skull from the "bank" to represent your head.
- Baby skulls count as 1/2 of a skull, demon skulls count as 2 skulls.
- Fire does no extra damage (since basically everything's constantly on fire)
- The walls between each ring are generally sloped in the wrong direction for climbing, and are too tall for a single turn of movement. It would take 8" of movement to climb up 1 Ring, 16" to climb 2 Rings. This may be possible with Bennies of extra movement.
- No heroes in this game, but this is Brikwars so silly feats related to your character are good.
- You guys: 4 armor, 1D6 skill, 5" movement (no surprise, just regular minifigs).
- "Innocent" bystanders: 2 armor, no skill or movement, will not retaliate.
- Trees: 2 armor, those on Ring 7 have skulls, will not retaliate.
- Babies: 1 armor, no skill or movement, vermin, will not retaliate, baby skulls count half.
- Demons: 2D6 armor, 1D8 skill, will retaliate if attacked, demon skulls count double.
- Cerberus (the three headed dog on ring 3): 4 hitpoints, 1D10 armor per hitpoint; 1D8 skill; Bite attack: Use 2, 1D8 damage, can be use 2 or 3 times if the heads can reach; will retaliate if attacked.
- Satan: 66D6 armor, no skill or movement, 6D10 supernatural dice for retaliating when attacked.
- Everything else (spiders, scorpions, snakes, skeletons that aren't playing music, giant stone faces, etc.): no special stats, no skulls, worthless.
Late signups are encouraged throughout the game. You'll start on ring 1 with the average number of respawns in the group (currently 2).