The Arktifakt (Round 12+) [END]

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

The Arktifakt (Round 12+) [END]

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:23 pm

BULL FUGITIVES

The possessed ranger fails to kill his comrades.

The Icon attacks Fishstache but fails to do enough damage. Luckily for it Fishstache misses his counterstrike.

Skreeeee! The Shaman, torn by indecision and with mere moments to act, decides he cannot ditch his artifax to save his life and implores the Bull God to send him off to safety so he can continue his service to him, troublesome and dangerous a life as it is.

Critical success! In a rare show of pity, the Bull God teleports the Shaman and his artefax away, putting him right next to the Arktifakt to remind him of his duty.

Valarius shoves Haldon, knocking him over and Disrupting him.

He then stabs him while he's defenseless. "I warned you this would happen," he tells the final peasant.

The fleeing peasants are near the edge of the battlefield, Haircules' girlfriend trampling some flowers while running. Unless Valarius gets killed on their next turn they'll leave the field!

Valarius asked the Bull God to send him into an honourable duel against Fishstache, but the Bull God's teleportation powers seem to have run out for the time being, for he only manages to teleport Valarius' helmet away from him.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 12+) [END]

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:34 pm

At this stage I decided to just play out the remaining turns since there was so little left on the field, and stopped making Heroic Feats to make it fair.

THE WOLFPACK

The Wolfpack try to kill their possessed comrade (who still fails to break free from the possession), but fail.

FISHSTACHE

Fishstache easily slays the Icon he was fighting.

He then starts running towards the Arktifakt.

THE PEASANT REBELLION

The last peasant sees the Shaman as the easier target and tries to shoot him, but the Shaman blocks his shot.

THE ENDGAME

The possessed ranger pummels one of his former friends to death.

The Shaman uses his SN dice to buff himself with Skill and the spear with Damage and throws it at the last remaining peasant.

The damage easily kills him. PEASANT REBELLION ELIMINATED

Valarius turns around and starts charging at Fishstache...

Fishstache critically fails his parry and is struck down. :shock: WATER DEMONS ELIMINATED

The last ranger still fails to kill his possessed friend. And this is the same one that actually managed to kill the Thegn earlier. :| Must have blunted her sword or something.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:53 pm

The possessed strikes back but misses with both weapons. It's like watching two people fight at the retirement home.

Shaman and Valarius move in on the last enemy they see. Valarius starts charging again...

Seeing what's coming, the ranger desperately tries to kill her possessed comrade, but fails again.

Valarius' charge then catches her in the side and kills her.

EPILOGUE

Valarius, always the honourable warrior, disarms the last member of the Wolfpack and orders the Shaman to give up control of the ranger's mind.

"Your people fought admirably against Cales' dogs, but fighting amongst each other when we should both still be loyal to the King is unacceptable," he says, raising his charred arm, which the Wolfpack set on fire earlier. "If we worked together more of you would have survived and we could've split the profits. Now you have nothing and your leader is dead. Take this message to whoever is your next in command. I will send the same message to this peasant uprising."

The ranger wisely agrees without further question.

Valarius and the Shaman reason that if they go into the forest they're likely to be ambushed by bandits or wild beasts, and that if they stay in the open Imperial troops are likely to find them, so they load the Arktifakt, the Imperial Treasure and their own artefax onto the Drakhirri's sloop and row away, hoping to find refuge with these valuables before they run into more Draklon Raiders.

>>>>TABLE OF BRAGGING RIGHTS<<<<

Imperial Garrison: - ELIMINATED - Falk

KILLS: 1 Cleric, 1 Wolfpack Ranger, 4 Fanatics, 1 Peasant, 1 Haircules (Hero), 2 Shieldbearers (TOTAL: 10)

FIRST BLOOD
LAST MAN STANDING

Cult of the Holy Flame: - ELIMINATED - ninja-bait

KILLS: 2 Guardsmen, 2 Peasants (TOTAL: 4)

LAST MAN (briefly) STANDING
BLAZE OF (not so much) GLORY

Bulls: - me

KILLS: 3 Disciples, 1 Big Woof, 1 Matriarch (Hero), 1 Warhorse, 5 Reavers, 4 Mariners, 1 Commander (Hero), 1 Smith's Apprentice, 4 Peasants, 2 Wolfpack Rangers, 1 Fishstache (Hero) (TOTAL: 24)

Wolfpack: - ELIMINATED - TheVengefulOne

KILLS: 3 Starcloaks, 1 Reaver, 9 Water Demons, 1 Possessed Ranger (TOTAL: 14)

Draklon Raiders: - ELIMINATED - Kommander Ken

KILLS: Tree (almost), 1 Priestess (Hero), 2 Shieldbearers, 1 Icon (TOTAL: 4)

LAST MAN STANDING

The Peasant Rebellion: - ELIMINATED - motorhead fan

KILLS: 5 Fanatics, 1 Slimy Pete, 4 Guardsmen (TOTAL: 10)

Water Demons: - ELIMINATED - RedRover

KILLS: 1 Water Demon (Friendly Fire), 4 Wolfpack Rangers, 1 The Black Wolf (Hero), 3 Ambushers, 1 Shieldbearer, 2 Icons (TOTAL: 12)

LAST DIEMON STANDING

That's it! Thanks for playing, hope you had fun! :) If you'd be so kind leave me some feedback on Set-up (things like the battlefield, the objective, the balance between factions), Photography, Narrative (the writing and whether the pictures made clear what was happening) and Gameplay (how well you felt you were able to send orders, whether I acted them out properly, how much you enjoyed the forces at your disposal...). People who didn't play can also leave feedback, of course. All donations go towards www.helpahungrybraggart.com

Craigallot

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Awesome battle, thanks to Brag for putting it on and everyone else for playing. Good game to all involved and glad to see Brag is back (hopefully for good this time). :studgod:

Set-up: Good battlefield, different areas, factions balanced, nice to have secondary objectives. Factions are a bit small for my taste, but since it's a lot more work to have huge sieges and such I understand the smaller setup (still super fun).
Photography: Clear photos, good lighting, nice fig posing. Honestly the only thing I'd change is to add a bit moar gore.
Narrative: Everything was clear in the pictures. Your writing is a good blend of informative and entertaining. Love the scattered quippy remarks. Valarius sparing his last opponent is a nice touch, although it seems kinda odd that he talks about being loyal to the king considering his past . . . enemy of my enemy I guess.
Gameplay: Everything went smoothly IMHO, no mix-ups or misunderstood orders.

You forgot one thing though . . . what happened to those scorpions? Maybe they went off and formed a hair metal band?
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Kommander Ken » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Oh hey this'll be good practice for judging all those June/July Jamboree entries.

Feedback: Overall everything had a fun, classic brikwarsy feel. My only disappointment was in the performance of my Drakhirri. That fucking tree!  :fist:

Set-Up: Loved the different regions to the map, between the farm and to the coast. Fun variation for all the different entering factions.

Photography: Very solid. The lighting was good and they were sized appropriately.  :twss:

Narrative: An ossum continuation from some of Medivo's past story-archs and with the return of familar characters to boot! I liked that you took some of the things I said in the orders and used them as quotes from the raiders.  :lol:

Gameplay: Good! But godamn that's one lucky Shaman.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby RedRover » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:47 am

Great battle! I had a good time and look forward to participating in any of your future ones!
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby stubby » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:19 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:You forgot one thing though . . . what happened to those scorpions? Maybe they went off and formed a hair metal band?

Post 296009
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Craigallot » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:43 am

LOL. To be honest, I wasn't sure about their movement, so I left them there as a field hazard. They did attack Valarius there at the end, but it didn't matter 'cos on their own they can't kill much unless in very high numbers.

Craigallot

Return to Forum Battles