Depths of Darkness (Round 4)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

Depths of Darkness (Round 4)

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:22 pm

A swift kick to the butt sends the last female assassin careening towards her allies.

"AAAIIIEEEE!"

She crashes into one of the male assassins, knocking him over. Both are now disrupted.

Garth then charges the assassin that's still on his feet.

The assassin tries to leap away, but, like the bloodbinder before him, doesn't leap far enough and Garth, like Xalen before him, masterfully adds range to his stab by letting the pike slip through his fingers. The damage only just beats the assassin's armour, but it's enough.

Xalen leaps... At this point I said to myself, their luck has got to run out.

... and then Xalen makes this roll.  :lol: Two 6's, I rolled the other 2 dice for the lulz to see if he could get 2 more.

Xalen creates a shockwave as he lands (fat jokes incoming), knocking the centurion over and making her easy prey. He slashes through her with extreme prejudice (a '12' and then 13 damage...  :lol: ). Due to the critical nature of the success Garth is pushed back a bit harmlessly, and the disrupted dark elves are also knocked around, keeping them disrupted on their own turn.

Phineus appears at the top of the gate and waves his staff... The cliff to his right slides open, and out comes...

... a dark titan, goaded onward by two dark elf enforcers.

"ROAR!"

The enforcers themselves are armoured, highly skilled (1d8) and have two-handed weapons that are a threat even to Garth and Xalen's heavy armour. For now though, having witnessed the slaughter of their kinsmen, they seem more eager to let the giant do the work.

Enforcer: "Forward, you loathsome beast! Crush them for the master!"

Garth: "Master? Nimoë said Phineus wasn't their master..."

Xalen: "They must mean some other master. Let's kill this thing, and fast. Phineus is starting to raise the dead, and I can sense this creature and those dark elves' life force is still sustaining the aura that prevents us from attacking him."

I still have to resolve the rest of the round. You can already comment if you like. ;)
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Depths of Darkness (Round 4)

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:46 pm

I like this new style of arena combat with new enemies every round, makes things more unpredictable.

Sir Garth kills the disrupted female assassin, then hoists the unconscious Nimoë upright and informs the newly arrived Enforcers that if they don't kill the giant themselves, Nimoë is going to be turned into a fucking kebab. If they ignore him, he carries out his threat.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Brace yourselves, the next part is coming, and it was... how shall I put it... spectacular. ;)
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:10 pm

The jungle stalker strikes at Aelcar, but misses.

Nimra accidentally entangles herself as her spell fizzles and is disrupted, but will be able to free herself next turn.

Even with combined actions, the woad elves fail to kill anything.

... at least, until the archers do the job for them. That's all wraiths down, I think they killed a grand total of 1 woad elf.  :?

The Great Mighty Poo lumbers over towards Aelcar and aims his poo-shooter...

The first blast kills the scorpions, and Aelcar's horse, but not the shadow wizard himself. The second misses.

Even with aim bonuses for two of them, the men-at-arms and Jorum fail to kill anything. :?

Miranda advances and takes aim...

She shoots a skeleton... is that all? No! The arrow bounces off the skeleton...

... and flies around, hitting one, two and three skeletons. :)

But wait, it's not done yet! :shock:

The arrow takes down the skeleton that struck down Mordra, avenging her.

... and leaps up one final time, killing its 6th skeleton! :D Give it up for Miranda, guys! She gets an Almighty Benny for this feat of ossum.

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:18 pm

The remaining royal soldiers both kill a skeleton.

The Trogdor sets a skeleton on fire, and noms on the last greater skeleton.

Voytek jumps onto the tree stump and takes aim at Aelcar, but misses. He breathes in deeply and attempts rapid fire again...

... and snaps his bow string again. :?

The valkyrie accidentally amputates the woad elves' head. Oops! Sometimes, you just can't heal 'em all.

Undeterred, she heads towards Mordra (but doesn't get close enough to start healing yet).

Zahru accidentally planeswalks himself right in front of the greater desert golem.

"Uh-oh."

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Aelcar consults his liber noctis (read: I consulted the rulebook) and suppresses TGMP's mind.

Then with his other SN die, possesses TGMP. :shock: Voytek tries to shout a warning...

They never saw it coming. The Poo rolls a '6' on his action die for once, turning the attack into a size 2 explosion that wiped out not only 4 woad elves, but Miranda as well. :( Even the Almighty Benny couldn't save her.

Aelcar cackles madly and then hides underneath the spider. TGMP won't be able to act until Aelcar's next turn, but Aelcar has to roll to suppress its mind again if he wants to repeat his action.

The remaining skitterlings (5 of them) attack, but can't kill anything.

The skeleton that was on fire succumbs to the flames. This was the last one.

Two desert golems and the greater desert golem combine attacks on Zahru. Thanks to some lucky damage rolls, they take him down. :shock:

The left flank advances, the yeti falling on his face as he tries to reach the pistoleer. The undead giant misses his attack against the crossbowman. The lost souls are close behind, no doubt looking to possess them. The grave wraith fires his head gem at the Trogdor but it's ineffective.

The horde advances.

"Such pitiful resistance, this isn't worth my time!" Count Lightstalker says as he flies towards the objective marker. "Maybe there are some more worthy opponents for me at the Black Citadel..."

Sooooo yeah... it was going really well but a string of failures and that massive action by Aelcar turned the tide. You're not out of the game yet though.

Craigallot

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Can you give a liist of remaining forces?
I make butts and butt accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby Falk » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Xalen turns to Garth "I need her you fool!"

He switches to flight mode and charges at the titan knocking it over onto its handlers (feat). Kill one of the handlers or finish off the titan.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby RedRover » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:17 pm

The imperials and Trogdar hold their ground
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Craigallot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:37 am

ninja_bait wrote:Can you give a liist of remaining forces?

Per team:

- Jorum on his wolf, 3 men-at-arms, TGMP
- Voytek, valkyrie, minotaur
- Nimra, 3 longbowmen, 2 sword-and-shield elves, 1 spear elf, jungle stalker
- Trogdor, 1 crossbowman, 1 pistoleer

Undead have:

- Count Lightstalker
- Greater desert golem
- Undead giant, spirit bear
- 3 lost souls
- 17 desert golems
- 2 grave wraiths
- 12 vermin (bats, spiders, scorpions...)
- Aelcar
- 5 skitterlings

Now don't ask me to calculate the CP cost for each army and the relative chances of winning! :)

Craigallot

Postby ninja_bait » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:09 am

Nimra becomes one with her entanglement.  It turns into a shield of regenerating leaves and vines around her, but then she also uses it as a weapon, shooting out grasping vines to entangle Lightstalker.

My archers shoot Lightstalker, then move to stand in front of the objective flag.

The Jungle Stalker attacks Aelcar through the spider-mom's body.

The spearmen go to clean up vermin on the spider side of the battle.

The sword and shield men move up to block the advance of the desert golems (save action for counter attack)
I make butts and butt accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Return to Forum Battles