Depths of Darkness (Round 5)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

Depths of Darkness (Round 5)

Postby Craigallot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:38 am

*stab*

Garth gets rid of the disrupted assassin. The damage isn't enough to push through to the second one though.

Then he picks up Nimoë, props her up against his shield and threatens her with his pike.

"Kill that giant, or I'll turn your mistress into a fucking kebab!" he shouts at the enforcers.

"Impressive, you're all grown up," Xalen whispers.

"Shit! If we let her die she'll kill us!"

"But... I like kebab..."

The feat succeeds and the enforcers attack the giant, albeit reluctantly. One hits him for 1 point of damage, the other misses wildly, or possibly she's just the smarter of the two and pretended to be attacking?

"RAGH!"

The giant retaliates, striking the enforcer, who gets knocked down but survives.

"Excellent," Garth, who wasn't actually going to kill Nimoë (it would've been dishonouraburu, and Xalen did say he needed her) says, letting Nimoë flop to the ground again.

Xalen meanwhile shifts into his demon form. :shock:

*boot*

He gets a critical success again ( :lol: ), knocking the giant over.

The giant falls on the enforcers, who take 2d6 crash damage but both survive (ironically, they probably would've died if the giant hadn't taken damage and had his Weight class reduced by it). Xalen lifts up his blade...

... and slashes the giant's back, killing him (he had a pretty poor armour roll).

The enforcers pick themselves up. Xalen frustrates their efforts to stab him by floating just outside of range of their pikes. I rolled for the lulz to see how much damage they would've done if allowed to attack, and they would've dealt a whopping 16 damage (even after deflection!), enough to kill Xalen. Since they can't attack, they go in response as well, and their weapons are longer than Xalen's so they'll act and strike first if he tries to hack at them with his sword, so be careful. :)

Oh shit! This guy was forgotten about.  :shock: Garth doesn't see him coming!

... but he misses inexplicably, cutting the plume off Garth's helmet instead. :?

... and is instantly punished for his failure as Garth completely obliterates him with 17 (or was it 21?) damage. :lol:

Phineus' attempt to raise a corpse fails and the assassin's head is amputated. He renews his efforts and focuses on another corpse...

Response is indicated by the red flags, the raise dead attempt by the blue one. If no one stops the Count this turn he'll reach you soon! (It'll take him 1 turn to cross the mountains)
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Depths of Darkness (Round 5)

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:30 am

Sir Garth tears the head off the dead assassin that Phineus is trying to raise (action) and then sets his pike aside for a moment. He picks up a katana and throws it in an arc like a boomerang to decapitate the two enforcers (feat). Then he picks his pike back up and mourns over the tragic loss of his plume.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Falk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Xalen flies further out of the reach of the giant handlers, then sets the two giant handlers on fire (feat)
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby Texhnophille » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Jorum deals with remaining spiderlings, men at arms try to break through towards Aelcar in order to kill him, in case Jungle Stalker doesn't manage to kill the wizard. Once Aelcar is killed, everybody go and cover the flanks with their reaction shots. Also, stay the fuck away from Poo until Aelcar is killed.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

My lego Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/texhnophilleslegos/
Texhnophille
Minifig

Postby Craigallot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:27 pm

The pistoleer attacks the undead giant with his sword, allowing the crossbowman to take a shot. The effort is in vain as the crossbowman misses wildly and his sword slides off the giant's tough hide.

The giant then crushes the soldier's skull.

The Trogdor sets a desert golem on fire. His bite fails to kill.

Nimra turns the vines to her benefit, weaving them around herself like a second skin that grants her +2 armour.

She shoots out a vine at the count...

The count is entangled and, unable to maintain his flight, falls down.

Archers then open fire on him, receiving an aim bonus thanks to the count's entangled status.

... but the count had been saving his heroic feat, and a shield of the purest darkness wards off the arrows.

Worse still, it reflects the arrows back at his attackers, killing two of them!

The last archer moves to protect the objective marker with his life.

The jungle stalker hacks at Aelcar, not quite killing him but at least destroying his cover.

The spear elf misses his attack.

The guardians move up and prepare for the coming onslaught.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm

The minotaur and valkyrie make a mighty sprint roll that takes them halfway across the map and much closer to Zahru.

Voytek moves towards Aelcar and pulls out a special bottle over Eau de Voytek...

Aelcar takes 2d4 acid damage, which he mitigates with his energy shield die, but he will still take damage over time from it (like from fire).

Jorum's wolf kills a skitterling, while he himself fails to do enough damage even though he got an over the top bonus die. :?

Men-at-arms try to ignore the skitterlings as they push forward. It doesn't end well for one of them. Those that advance have trouble shooting Aelcar since they're slightly out of range, but try anyway. The damage is insufficient.

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Aelcar attempts to do direct damage to Voytek. This means the Great Mighty Poo will come back online on the next turn. Voytek draws one of his swords and somehow manages to parry the eldritch magiks coming for him with it.

Skitterlings attack, but fail to kill. One dies to a counter.

"Fine then, mortal, I shall humour you," Count Lightstalker says as he dispels his wings and rushes Nimra, aiming to make a mighty cleave attack...

The extra damage from the feat gives him just enough juice to overcome Nimra's buffed defenses. She is cut down.

"Enjoy your victory... count, it will be... your last," Nimra coughs.

Two bats fly in against the guardians that are on response, and get cut down.

The undead left flank advances, lost souls possessing the royal crossbowman.

The possession is a critical success that allows the possessed crossbowman to attack instantly. Mercifully, damage fails him.

Seven desert golems surround and attack the Trogdor. They do a decent amount of damage, but the Trogdor, with a mighty armour roll, somehow withstands it all!

Guardians get swarmed, but survive for now.

Some desert golems move to intercept the Bulls.

The greater one moves towards the Poo.

Vermin goes to squeeze itself through the melee.

Craigallot

Postby Texhnophille » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:00 pm

Poo: wreck the greater golem with remaining poo-splosions and/or smash it with his poo-fist
Men at arms: please, just finish the remaining spiders or, should their targets be already dead, attack Aelcar
Jorum: keep his distance and attack Aelcar, preferably as a combined action with the remaining men at arms
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

My lego Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/texhnophilleslegos/
Texhnophille
Minifig

Postby ninja_bait » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Fuck...  another tough turn for the elves.

The last archer goes to his sword and attempts to slay Lightstalker.  For Nimra!

The guardians try a fighting retreat.

The jungle stalker goes after the desert golems with haste.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby RedRover » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:55 pm

Trogdar, in his mightiness assumes the role of hero (because he’s a bad ass motherfucker)

He uses a feat to do a mighty fire spin incinerating everything around him, then retreats back to a safe distance
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Return to Forum Battles