Chains Are On (Sign-up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Chains Are On (Sign-up)

Post by Craigallot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Falx province of Estius, mere hours after Queen Lara's arrival...

After their first skirmish with the Falx and Bull fanatics, Queen Lara has gathered her volunteers and now traipses the unfamiliar desert with Falx generals Croses and Augusta in tow, expecting a Falx attack at any moment.

Princess Lorreaine, clearly agitated, beckons her mother to walk ahead out of earshot of the volunteers.

Lorreaine: "Mother, are we to just walk around in this desert without a plan?"

Lara: "Don't be so impudent, child! I've just finished scrying our surroundings, and I have already come up with a plan!"

Lara: "Volunteers! I suspect someone's tampered with our portal, which is why we arrived separated from our army! We will have to move fast! We need to find our men, find shelter and a suitable oasis, and fast. Princess Lorreaine, Aloysius and Lord James will head north. Tachi, Nodachi and Boras, go east! Lord Godfrey, Rolys and Droe, head south! I can sense there's an oasis somewhere there! Rolys, once you've found it, shoot one of your flare arrows and I will teleport what men I have available to you to help secure the site. Lord Drakeseye, you and your retainers will keep me up to date on the different groups' progress. Joul and Punik will stay here to guard the prisoners while I continue scrying the surroundings."

The volunteers follow their orders and split up.

Croses, one of the captive Falx generals, looks at Augusta, who is visibly shaking despite the sun being on them.

Croses: "Are your injuries playing up?"

Augusta: "No, the queen healed me enough to stay alive... I hate being on the sidelines while our men go into battle, and I'm thinking of the idiots Varius is going to put in command in our absence!"

Croses: "Oh, right... crap."

A short while later...

A Falx prison wagon moves across the desert, pulled by a group of captives.

Lucia (possibly Malicia's sister): "Faster, you wretches, faster! There's a nice cold dungeon waiting for you, hahaha!"

Peg Leg: "Lucia! There's a battle ahead!"

Lucia: "Whaaat?!"

Peg Leg: "If you stopped whipping the prisoners for a second you could see it!"

Lucia: "Oh, right! Hah! It's that wretched Magio! Looks like he stopped licking Varius' boots long enough to lead an army for once! Not much of one, though!"

Lucia: "And he's attracted the ire of some of those filthy barbarians! Good! Let them kill each other while we slip past! They'd make a good addition to my collection, but that'll have to wait. Varius promised a gold coin for every barbarian we brought him, so let's do it, boys!"

Rax: "KILL WEAK FALX! FOR BULL GOD!"

Lord James The Black, Princess Lorreaine and Aloysius Black happen upon the battlefield.

Lord James: "That screeching banshee over there has some of our soldiers! Let's gut her, and kill as much as the Falx and Bulls as we can while we're at it so they don't bother us later."

Princess Lorreaine: "We could help the Bulls as well. They fight the Falx, like we do, they may prove useful allies."

Lord James: "I doubt it. They already attacked us once."

Aloysius: "Can we just focus on rescuing our people...?"

Welcome to 'Chains Are On'! A battle (intentionally) a bit more in the style of Zahru (though I lack the beige carpet). :)

Available factions:

Lucia's cutthroats: 1x Lucia (hero, brutal and sadistic), 4x cutthroats (pistol and hand weapon), 3x spear legionnaires. - Archduke
Objective: reach the corner of the map opposite to you with your cart and as many prisoners as possible (you have 6).

WIth 4 people pushing, the cart can move 10". Prisoners outside the cart need to have one minifig keeping an eye on them or they will try to run (it's enough to be within 3" of them as long as the mini isn't in combat).

Magio's enforcers: 1x Magio (hero, brutish thug), 1x halberdiers, 1x death seekers, 1x light lancers, 1x gunmen, 2x warbeasts - TheVengefulOne
Objective: defeat and enslave the Bulls. Optional: defeat and enslave the crimson crusaders. Take Lucia's prisoners for yourself.

Bull fanatics: 1x Rax (hero, brutish warrior, Bull God fanatic), 1x phalanx, 1x avatar of the Bull God, 1x icons, 1x crossbowmen, 1x shieldbearers
Objective: KILL WEAK FALX! Kill the crusaders as well if they get in the way. - ninja-bait

Phalanx have the phalanx and compensating traits. Icons each have 1d6 SN dice.

Crimson Crusaders: (1 player per hero)
- Lord James the Black (cold-blooded, powerful knight, feared commander) - RedRover
- Princess Lorreaine (paladin of the Holy Flame, warrior princess) - Falk
- Aloysius Black (master engineer, marksman) - Duerer
Objective: rescue the captives. Optional: kill all the Falx to get a chance to ally the Bulls, or kill all the Bulls as well as the Falx.

Crimson Crusade battles are more hero-oriented so all heroes will have 2 HP.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Chains Are On (Sign-up)

Post by RedRover » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Lord James the Black please!

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:54 pm

I'll take Princess Lorreaine.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Bulls
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by TheCraigfulOne » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Magio's enforcers please.

Craigallot

Post by Craigallot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 am

I'll leave this open for a couple more hours and then if no one's taken the remaining spots I'll play Lucia and let one of the guys controlling the crusaders also control Aloysius. Those of you who have signed up can already start sending orders.

Turn order will be randomized for the first round.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Aloysius, pls.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Are we gonna get stats for the heros?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Archduke
Cannon Fodder

Post by Archduke » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:55 pm

I'll take a team if there's one left over
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?

Craigallot

Post by Craigallot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm

Alright, you can have Lucia and her cutthroats. Everyone can start sending their orders. :)

@Falk: The heroes all have standard stats aside from having 2 hp.

James the Black and Rax have heavy armour, which means they move at half speed.

Heroes with Heroic Artifacts are Rax (his blessed shield), Lorreaine (her helmet), and James the Black (his armour).

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Chains Are On (Sign-up) [Accepting orders]

Post by RedRover » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:20 pm

Is there somewhere I can find some background info on James the Black? I want some inspiration for feats and such

Craigallot

Post by Craigallot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Yes, Silent-Sigfig's (excellent) character submission :) :
Spoiler
Show
Silent-sigfig wrote:I'll submit a character.

Name: Lord James the Black

While the rest of the kingdom was off fighting their silly war against the FALX, Lord James was off conquering the eastern hinterlands. Vast forests and less-than=friendly natives led to the lasting image of untamable territory. Lord James begged to differ. The brutal subjugation of the Eastern Hinterlands at the hands of his army took many, painful years, but in the end the kingdom's domain stretched from the Western mountains to the eastern sea.

While stories of the atrocities committed by his soldiers(The burned villages, the crucifixations, and snuggle are but a few) chill the bones of even the most coldhearted men, James the Black was made lord of the eastern hinterlands by the king himself.

Having nothing better to do, Lord James went with the queen to conquer new territory.

Weapons: 6-foot long broadsword. While not using a shield may seem odd, there are some things you don't have to worry about when you're a six-and-a-half foot tall dynamo of death

Skills: Other than being an powerful, raw swordsman, Lord James the Black is an expert tactician.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 am

I... have no idea what to do.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

Craigallot

Post by Craigallot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:57 am

Read some old battle reports where Warhead played the Bulls, I'm sure they'll inspire you. ;)