Chains Are On (Round 3)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

Chains Are On (Round 3)

Postby Bragallot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:45 am

Magio's Enforcers - TheVengefulOne

Magio picks up a death seekers' axe...

Not one to ignore an attack of opportunity, he chops the disrupted shieldbearer in twain.

Then he polevaults himself over the fighting in front of him.

He lands on his face and gets disrupted.

Gunmen loose a volley into the Bull phalanx. One phalanx staggers but survives, the others survive thanks to automatic blocks from their shields (when being attacked from the front).

Halberdiers fail to kill the shieldbearers. One survives thanks to an insane block.

Death seekers avoid the phalanx and charge Rax...

Rax fails his parry, and true to their reputation for cutting through armour, the death seekers chop him down! (I wasn't sure whether you could make two-handed attacks while charging but nothing said you couldn't so the damage went like this: (1d6+2 + 1d6 POP - 2 from armour deflection) x2 = 4d6 damage, brutal!).

Rax still had his action though, so I had them strike simultaneously. He chops through the two death seekers as he falls.

*thud*

Lancers gallop into the back of the phalanx and cut down three of them. (I wasn't sure if turning in place to line up a charge counts as movement, but I guessed it was so didn't add a MOM die, in the end it didn't matter since the guys who hit their targets killed them anyway).

The war beast throws its spear, and picks up an axe. The spear clatters off the phalanx's shields harmlessly.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Re: Chains Are On (Round 3)

Postby Bragallot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 am

Bulls - ninja-bait

The crossbowmen fall back and shoot the lancers' horses out from under them, then the phalanx turn around and butcher the disrupted minifigs.

Shieldbearers kill another halberdier.

The separated crossbowman goes looking for revenge, but finds the lancers are already dead and no other targets in range.

James the Black - RedRover

James signals the ambush he prepared in round 1! How he did this is unclear, his tactical genius clearly surpasses mere mortal minds.

The black knight marksmen shoot a devastating volley into one of the ballista crew's back. Insane plowthrough damage and a poor armour roll make it do 3 SP damage to the ballista as well!

James then continues advancing, saving his action and feat for now.

Aloysius Black - Duerer

Pew pew pew! The ribault opens fire across two arcs.

Bullets whiz past Lucia and the cutthroats, one actually hitting the one with the peg leg, but not killing him.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Bragallot

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:15 am

Oof I really wanted that heroic feat
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
ninja_bait
Dimmy

Postby Bragallot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:20 am

Lucia - Archduke (NPC'd this round)

Lucia sees black knight ambushers to her right and Bulls in the middle, so steers the wagon towards the 'lesser evil': Magio's enforcers. Her cutthroats combine fire on the shieldbearers' backs, and kill them.

The legionnaire gets the unenviable task of covering the rear.

Lucia tries to whip the prisoners to make them go faster.

Critical success... again! The prisoners get a full round worth of movement (5") and a sprint roll (at half speed) on top of it. The sprint roll is also very good and gives them another 5" movement. This does not bode so well for the crusaders.

The ballista, reduced to 'size 1' by the damage, starts to aim for Lorreaine... slowly. With the damage it's taken, it has less power and can only fire one shot every two turns.

Princess Lorreaine - Falk

Princess Lorreaine, seemingly forgetting about or giving up her mission, plops down and takes off her helmet, and starts filling it with sand. Is the heat getting to her? Aww, just look at the cute little princess, ain't she the darndest thing you ever saw? All she needs is a little shovel.

But then...! :shock:

"Helmet sand!"

"YIEEAAARGH!"

Another critical success! (I've been rolling a lot of those lately). It leaves the legionnaire without any chance to react, and he gets chopped out of existence by a mighty swing.

Now accepting orders for Round 4!

Bragallot

Return to Forum Battles