Chains Are On (Round 8)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

Chains Are On (Round 8)

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 am

Lucia's Enforcers - TheVengefulOne

Gunmen shoot at James, one accidentally hits Lucia instead, but neither of the two are hurt. James is simultaneously struck by the war beast, which brings the damage to a total of 8, just too little to damage him. James strikes back but can't do enough damage.

James the Black - RedRover

Marksmen try to split up a bit so they're not standing in the same arc and shoot at the ribault operator, but he's too difficult to kill.

Lord James (who realizes he's too slow to make a retreat), tired of dealing too little damage, puts his weight behind his stab and manages to damage the war beast.

Prisoners run back. Maybe if they can take over the ribault, there's still a chance?

Lucia's cutthroats - me

Nope. Lucia shoots Lord James in the knee, rolling six upon six upon six, and leaves him defenseless and bruised (-1 HP).

She makes a successful attack as well, thumping James hard on the back of his helmet with the hilt of her sword and knocking him out.

The ribault opens fire across two arcs, hits a guy, and fails to kill him. :?

Gunmen shoot down one of the marksmen.

With Lord James defeated, the remaining kingdom units see there's no hope anymore and decide it's a good time to 'report back'.

The prisoners reckon that the tracks left by Lorreaine and the others will lead them back to safety, and make a run for it.

"Let those two go! We have what we need!"

"Magio... Lost your touch? You didn't even back stab me! I'd thank you but you shouldn't have died on me! Who will shake down the natives now?! I'd better take good care of your men from here on out!"

After repairs to the wagon and patching up the wounded, the prisoners that are fit enough to push are made to move the wagon, along with the war beast, and the wounded prisoners are stuffed into the wagon.

"New men, loot, more valuable prisoners than I started out with, a good fight and lots of dead enemies, all in all not a bad day out!"

(Unexpected) Falx victory! (For the very first time! :shock: )

- Crimson Crusaders: a few prisoners were freed, but at what cost? Princess Lorreaine, Lord James and Aloysius are either dead or captured, which bodes really poorly for the crusade. The other crusaders will have to compensate for this.
- Lucia's cutthroats: epic victory! Lucia has lost most of her original men, but gained Magio's men in their stead, not to mention battlefield loot. This victory will bring her gold, and increase her status among the current Falx commanders that are eager to take command in General Croses and Augusta's absence.
- Magio's enforcers: Magio was victorious, but fell. Governor Varius will make sure the victory and sacrifice of his often underestimated enforcer is well-documented and made known.
- Bull fanatics: many warriors were lost today, including Chieftain Rax. They made a dent in the Falx forces in the local region at least, hopefully the rest of the tribe will be able to benefit from this.

That was Chains Are On, thanks for playing, hope you enjoyed!

The Crimson Crusade suffered a setback, but will continue soon, real soon...
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Chains Are On (Round 8)

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

Wow, this was a nail-biter all the way through. I'm still shocked that the Falx managed to finally win a battle. Thanks to Brag for hosting, and good game everyone!
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Return to Forum Battles