Might and Magic (Sign-up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

Might and Magic (Sign-up)

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:53 am

Lord Godfrey, Rolys the Daring and Droe De Alar, one of the search parties sent out by Queen Lara, arrive at the destination they were told to find.

Droe De Alar: "The oasis at last!"

Rolys the Daring: "Yeah, but it looks like we didn't get here first!"

Droe: "The Magus Guild! So this is where they ended up."

Lord Godfrey: "And they're fighting Bulls! But what are they waiting for?!"

Rolys: "That, maybe?"

Droe: "It's the Falx! They're all around us!"

Godfrey: "They seem disorganized. Probably because we captured their leaders!"

Ximena: "I knew the barbarians would be drawn to the oasis. And now we have them trapped like rats. Attack!"

Droe: "If they attack each other, they'll all be slaughtered! We should ally!"
Rolys: "Better not let that happen then. Why not make a temporary truce with the Bulls...? If they die fighting the Falx, we're rid of them just as well."
Godfrey: "Bah! Better to kill them all, and take the oasis for ourselves, than having to share it!"

Welcome to 'Might and Magic'.

Available factions:

(All stats are standard except where specified differently. The phalanx still have the phalanx and compensating trait. Heroes once again have 2 HP.)

Crimson Crusaders (1 player per hero):

- Rolys the Daring (Hero: mad scientist cliché) - Brikguy
Spoiler: show
A tall young man armed in naught but a odd-looking bow with two strings and an odd assortment of weaponry to shoot out of it. His tan cloak sweeps out, hiding doubtless more. He made his name as a 'mad scientist' in his hometown after having rid the village of an invasion of the undead by a clever combination of exploding chickens, firemoats, and a very purple meat-dragon dummy. He was consequently run out of town. Rolys has decided to join up with the Crimson Crusade to test his skills on the battlefield. He has a wide array of potions and arrows to use on the Falx, but only a dagger to defend himself with.
Adept: Ranged Special Effects

- Droe De Alar (Hero: ninja cliché) - me
His name is Droe de Alar, a former Hitokiri warrior, who betrayed his kin when the Falx came. When he was patrolling through a forest, a Falx scout patrol captured him and said they would kill Droe if he wouldn't open his own villages town gates to the Falx when they attacked. Constantly stalked by a Falx assassin, he opened the gate at the right time and the Falx swarmed in. Droe was then given a Falx soldiership, as a recruit. Later, on the evening after the slaughter of the village, Droe realised he had embarrassed his whole family and chose to regain his honour. He killed all the four Falx guarding his tent and escaped to the woods. Too embarrassed to meet his former Hitokiri brothers and sisters, he now lives on the woods, and helps the kingdom against the Falx and other enemies from the shadows, always escaping before kingdoms forces are coming to thank him.

- Lord Godfrey (Hero: fierce northern knight, berserker cliché) - ninja-bait
He leads the northern garrison, an army of grizzled veteran warriors who have had to pretty much constantly had to fight off northmen raids and other barbarian invasions. They have taken on aspects of their enemies over the years, and as such are somewhat more 'barbaric' than the average medieval soldier. Lord Godfrey is no exception. He can go into a berserk rage like the fabled warriors of the North that they fight, able to take more damage as well as deal out more. He is skilled with most melee weapons, particularly sword and lance, but disregards ranged weapons as 'coward's tools'. He is also a good rider. He is a skilled general who leads from the front lines. His preferred method of attack, frontal assaults, can sometimes cause heavy casualties on his side. Lord Godfrey is very courageous however, and will fight against seemingly impossible odds to emerge victorious.

Objective: claim the oasis for the Crusade, defeat the Falx and if necessary, the Bulls too.

Bulls: 4 phalanx, 4 elite warriors, 2 ambushers, 1 minotaur hero. - Scribonius

Objective: claim the oasis for the Bulls, defeat the Falx and if necessary the Magus Guild and the Crusaders.

Magus Guild: 1 Enchanted Guardian (Hero: magically augmented warrior with magical equipment cliché), 1 Royal Mage (1d10 SN die + staff, 2x energy shield), 2 elders (1d8 SN dice, with staffs), 3 red mages (staffs that count as long-ranged weapons, ignore 1 level of deflection, and swords for cc, may increase other magical effects within 10" by +1 when channeling), 4 blue mages (sword and magical pistols that ignore 1 level of deflection). - Falk

The flyer can be used but requires a mage that has SN dice to gain its 10" flying movement and requires the die to be spent on sustaining the flying movement. It has room for 2 other minifigs aside from that.

Objective: claim the oasis for the Crusade, defeat the Falx and if necessary, the Bulls too.

Falx: 1 Ximena (agile fighter cliché), 6 sword legionnaires, 4 foresters, 6 heavy lancers, 2 gunmen (with officer), 3 death seekers, 4 halberdiers, 3 light lancers. - TheVengefulOne

Objective: kill or capture all of the barbarians!
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Might and Magic (Sign-up)

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 am

Falx please!
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Brikguy0410 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:06 am

rolys please
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:30 am

Lord Godfrey pls
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:39 am

You sure you don't want the Magus Guild? ;)
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:42 am

Get out of here with them SN dice!

No, I just want to mix it up and try one of the crusaders instead of an army.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby Falk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:46 am

Magus guild.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby Scribonius » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:50 pm

I'd like the Bulls if that's all right, but I have an issue with my orders. You might want to double-check them, because at the moment they say I'm supposed to defeat MYSELF!  :lol:
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:50 pm

Scribonius wrote:I'd like the Bulls if that's all right, but I have an issue with my orders. You might want to double-check them, because at the moment they say I'm supposed to defeat MYSELF!  :lol:

Tyler Durden wants to know what the problem here is.
TheCraigfulOne

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Alright I'll play as Droe then. You can start sending orders!

Turn order will be:

Magus Guild
Bulls
Falx
Crusaders

Forgot to specify, Godfrey has heavy armour. I need to check whether it still halves movement in the 2018 rules.

Craigallot

Postby RedRover » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:12 pm

I’m down to play if you don’t want to npc
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm

I haven't read the rulebook in ages  :oops: , does the officer give a stat bonus or something?
TheCraigfulOne

Postby Scribonius » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:49 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:
Scribonius wrote:I'd like the Bulls if that's all right, but I have an issue with my orders. You might want to double-check them, because at the moment they say I'm supposed to defeat MYSELF!  :lol:

Tyler Durden wants to know what the problem here is.

It got fixed, but for a moment I was thinking the easiest way to accomplish my goals was to just drown my entire army in the river!  :lol:  Seriously though, FOR THE BULL GOD!!!
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Return to Forum Battles