Pokemon Battle Royal

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Postby RJ » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 am

if someone translated it and posted it on the site it would be easy to copy and paste into a translator - i might use that
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 am

being that my Pokemon is basically just a small, blue, croco-dragon, my first order will probably be to run across the field and bite the opposing trainer in the neck.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:55 pm

I go to work and then a party and I miss this. Having a life sucks. Count me in for Gold if you decide to add trainers though.

Also, I do agree that super-effective moves should add a d6, and not-very-effective ones should just do half-damage.

Dammit, I totally know like... all of the inner workings of status-changers too, hahaha. Although, it'd be way awesome if this guy was in it too. Half grass, Half fighting, all kangaroo.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm

You can help me play as Totodile if you really want to get in this battle. I didn't even know what that was until I googled it (I lost interest after the first 150), so I could probably use the help.

I'm also wondering if feasting on the corpses of defeated Pokemon can be used to gain hp back.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby RJ » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Almighty Benny wrote:I'm also wondering if feasting on the corpses of defeated Pokemon can be used to gain hp back.

the side of pokemon they never show you lol
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:54 pm

MasterEcabob + Pokemon = Win
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby MasterEcabob » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Thanks for the ideas everyone, the most interesting thing about this is that I get to make up all the rules in true BrikWar style. So far, I have decided to completely screw armor ratings and have HP take its place.

According to the Overlord, the main point of armor was so that you didn't have to keep track of hundreds of HP values and so that minifigs would die easier. Since this is a three on three team battle, setting an HP value and dropping armor would make things much more interesting.

I've also come up with the basics moves for each Pokemon. In Pokemon style their are only four moves, and each Pokemon gets a long range attack (water gun), close combat attack (vine whip), status inflicting attack (Thunder Wave) and special attack (dig).

As for confusion, I was planning on using the coin toss feature from Platinum, but using engrish orders could be pretty hilarious. I guess I could just use the coin toss if the orders are more or less the same though.

Having Gold and Silver as mediks could work, perhaps if they fail their heal or revive roll they could use it on the other trainer's Pokemon.

I've still got a few mechanics to finalize, but the only big thing that I'm worried about is HP values. Since most attacks are going to do between 1d6-1d8 damage, I'm not sure if I want to give 30 or 35 or even 50 HP. I'm planning on play testing this with my brother this weekend, so I should be able to hopefully find a good balance soon.

Again, ideas are certainly welcome.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby tahthing » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:39 am

I've always wonderd what the point of flame powers, since the flame pokemon never live in forests only in rocky areas where the flames are pointless.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby RJ » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 am

what about items and such? like potions, x upgrades and other stuff

maybe if 1 pokemon kills 2 others or survive to a certain turn they can evolve - im pretty sure all 6 of them guys are evolvable

EDIT: stupid mareep ruining my theory - mareep doesn't evolve right?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby MasterEcabob » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Actually, Mareep evolves into this guy:

But to play evolutions would mean that I would have to make 6+ more Pokemon, most of which are pretty big. The main reason I chose first stage Pokemon is because they are relatively small and can be built with only a few tablescraps.

BTW, I'm still waiting for orders from Moronstudios and Bennanteno, but orders aren't due until Sunday.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby RJ » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:55 pm

i'll be a second if needed,

diglett is paractically the same as its evolved form, same with magnamite
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby Blitzen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Mareep evolves into Flaafy, then Ampharos. I love Ampharos, but he's really too slow to be Electric.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Moronstudios » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:57 pm

My orders are in.
ಠ_ಠ
I'm watching you, Ecabob.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:26 am

Flaffy is awesome.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby dilanski » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:46 pm

this would be awesome with legendaries like deoxy's and kyogre (who by the way could kick groudon's ass). also are you doing basic moves like bite or haveing awesome moves like protect and moves that can damadge multiple enemies and create 'clones' (to be honest there more like holograms or eye tricks) and even weather moves like rain, rain+magnemite=smhelted zigzagzoon?
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Battles