Skull Mountain: Turn 2

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Skull Mountain: Turn 2

Post by Zahru II » Fri May 28, 2010 6:14 am

First of all, apologies for my unability to use flash properly. My camera hates me.

Mais, observons-nous la deuxiéme tournée de la guerre!
(what an adorable language, ain't it?)

Malekim's Horde (Warhead):

The remnants of the riders switched weapons more suitable for close combat, yet failed to do harm.

The Glommox moved towards the newcomers, and greeted them with a direct hit in the middle.

The blast killed a savageman and a dungan.

The other glommox slowly moved on and fired into the cavalry, but failed to do any serious damage.

The cultists sneaked near the transport, and threw some poison bombs. One of them failed the skillcheck, so it went kaboom in his hands. However, none of them was strong enough to do any harm.

A squad of skellies marched up to halt ork advancements.

The other one advanced as well.

The gargoyles attacked the arrowboys, one of them succesfully killing one.

The Infernus, jolly ol' fellow he is, ran to greet the runeknights...

...with his fiery sulfurish breath.

It was too tense for two of them, who died. Niol was injured, losing a hitpoint.

Finally, Malekim moved on, but he was still too far to use his ruinous powers against the enemy, so he raised two fallen riders.

United Imperial Army (Bragallot):

The infantry began to move towards the orks. The swordsmen pulled off an extremely nice sprint bonus (one of them achieving +13 inches! now that's speedy!). The ballista, broken though, was steered to face at the greenskins.

Amphyre would try to do a feat to slow the greenskins but failed.

The clerics miraculously resurrected the runeknights.

The knights switched to cc weapons and attacked the riders.

Only their officer survived.

The runeknights swapped weapons as well. The skeletons were too far from Niol, who'd try to dispel their fortified state, so he simply attacked the infernus with his fellow knights.

They scored a hit! The Infernus lost a hit point.

After that, the cavalry withdrew, preparing for another charge. Their foes got a free counterattack, but didn't achieve anything.

Kensai's Warband (Theblackdog):

The awesomeosaur marched upwards, the crew on top with the aid of the arrowboy on the transport, slayed a gargoyle.

The transport moved backwards...

Then tried to ram into the skeletons, but ran out of movement. One skellie bailed, afraid of the hatch...

Which opened, and orks swarmed out of it. With the aid of the other squad, they began to decimate the skeletons, killing 4.

The death knight tried to animate, but failed. 3 orks died in the counterattack.

One troll began to march towards the gargoyle, the other tried to make himself useful, by aligning the launcher.

Another pair of bolts were fired, this time it targeted the titan. It scored a hit; the titan lost a hitpoint, and his armor was ruined, making his leg a weaker spot.

Kensai improved his orks, by giving them bonus movement as a feat.

The spearboys ran towards the war machine. Their champion was knocked out by the ballista (he's not dead, just unable to do stuff till next turn).

The spearboys killed the crew, and hijacked the machine...

...then they attacked the titan point blank, who lost another hit point.

The dwarves, seeing this, quickly blasted the hijacker to bits.

The Direwood Brigade (gamey353):

The savagemen quickly showed what they're capable of by hacking of the Infernus's leg. It lost a hitpoint and is immobilized.

Flint and Arthel moved on, and Flint headshot the last unholy rider.

Mugg, Sigmund, the beastmen and dungan simply advanced.

So that was turn 2, here's an Overwatch picture, how things are now:

I await your pms for turn3, in the same style as before!
Last edited by Zahru II on Sat May 29, 2010 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri May 28, 2010 7:16 am

Well I got Imperially Screwed there. Fuck sake, the two Knights I put down got back up. I think I killed three guys for an exchange rate of 8 with a raise the dead fail, a Cultist poison bomb fail and a Glommox fail and that's after I went first! Good to see my luck is running true to form. Even the Orks are dishing out better slappings.

Well, nothing else for it. Ok, which one of you bitches wants to dance?!. Come a fuckin' head! :twisted:

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri May 28, 2010 10:32 am

Oops, I kinda got my crew killed in a pretty stupid way.

Trying the 'I'll make it look like I'm giving in to the misfortune so I can whack the enemy twice as hard with the master plan I'm working on' tactic , Warhead? ; ) I gotta agree with you, but it's still early and before the end we'll all have had our fair share of fails and round of utter catastrophe... Arkbrik's first pirate battle taught me to keep wary till the end :')

edit: I nearly forgot, Nice shot Direwood brigade!
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri May 28, 2010 10:41 am

Absolutely, but it's been my life long tabletop AND Limited forum battle experience that often my dice roles are fairly sucky lol. :lol: If only I could use my own dice that I sacrifice virgins to. Nah, if my tactics are sound then the dice will average out.

Yeah, that was a good shot Direwoods. Grr! :D

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Fri May 28, 2010 11:02 am

Warhead wrote: If only I could use my own dice that I sacrifice virgins to.
That sentence is just amazing.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE