Character Classes Updated

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

Character Classes Updated

Postby Lord Mercat » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Okay, so as I build my army, I am also preparing to launch a forum campaign in the vein of Zahru's battles (mine will be space rather than castle however), with an ongoing quest focusing on several heroes, and occasional larger battles occurring over the course of the campaign. However, I am unsure as to which classes I should make the main heroes, (I intend to have about 5) So I decided I would ask you guys what classes you would like to see?

EDIT- Okay, so I have chosen the classes I will use, as seen in my post a bit below, and will post pictures of each of the chars here as I finish them. This is NOT a sign up topic, I will post that in a few weeks or so after I make the prologue and the first battlefield. This is just to give an idea of what kinds of awesome are in store for the future.

Okay, a few things about how I am going to do this campaign. Each class will be able to wield a different few weapons and will have different abilities in combat. Final stats and abilities will be posted in the signup topic later on, weapons able to be used by each class will be included in this post. Now, each character will start out with relatively weak weaponry, but will have to opportunity to get much better gear over the course of the campaign. In addition to gear, the heroes will gain better skills, abilities, stats and such over the course of the story-line. The idea is for this to run like an SRPG (like Tactics Ogre, FFT, etc) where I will control the flow of the story, cut scenes etc, but you guys will take the reigns in the various battles, and become stronger as the story progresses. I will have more details in the sign up topic when I am ready to post it. The quest will be entitled Legends of the Brikverse. Now first char up:

Guy Rosenthal
Class- Duelist (assassin/rogue/treasure hunter)

I will have more details on the char's history itself in the sign up topic. For now, notes on the char design, I wanted to go for a more unconventional assassin/rogue archetype, so this is the design I went for.

Capable of Wielding:
1 handed sabers
1 handed light pistols
any knives

Note, Guy will not start out with the katanas, I just put them in this pic to show off the sheaths on his back.

Next Up:

Fiora Securis
Class: Berserker

Everywhere I look, it seems berserkers are always male, so I went for a female one. Also, despite how it may look Fiora is in fact, fully pose-able. The pigtails are modded via threaded hooks/wire loops (think like a chain link) so that they move with the arms and do not get in the way of pose-ability, which is always a consideration with the figures I make. and again, more info about char history in the future topic.

Can wield
Any Axes
Any Hammers
Any Maces
Any Claws
Any Flails

As for the other three, they are coming, I had to order parts for the Star Knight, and haven't decided on what I want the last two to look like just yet.
Last edited by Lord Mercat on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lord Mercat
Minifig

Postby piltogg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:38 pm

assasin
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Bragallot » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Changeling.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Crazywolf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Cyborg. (If that would count as a class.)
TROLOLO
Crazywolf
Champion

Postby Zahru II » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Treasure Hunter.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby thade » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Technomancers are always awesome.
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.
thade
Cannon Fodder

Postby AlphaLurker » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:45 pm

At least one mech pilot. with a totally badass mech.
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591
AlphaLurker
Officer

Postby Ex_Bajir » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Sniper/Scout
The Ex-Bajir, the last Commander of the Legio Mortis.
Ex_Bajir
Officer

Postby piltogg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:11 pm

can't wait to see this by the way!
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Tzan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Space Plumber
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby heavyfishcannon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Space marine
space knight
ETC.
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby mgb519 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Aerotrooper (Jetpack)
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Berserker.

Zombie/Daemon slayer(Similiar to Ash and Jack).

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Lord Mercat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Awesome, thanks for all the suggestions guys! Okay, So going through the suggestions, I have decided to actually mix elements of certain classes together, so that (hopefully) every base will be covered on the campaign). First off, the classes I decided not to use- Changeling- while a good idea, to me it seems more of a species rather than a class, but either way, I think it would be too troublesome to include in the campaign, as it presents too many opportunities to solve problems without violence, and that's just no fun. Cyborg- this is not a class, however one of the characters will be a cyborg, it just won't be the actual class. And Space Plumber, reason being, this quest isn't really going the Super Mario Galaxy route. Daemon Slayer- doesn't fit into the quest I have planned. Okay, classes I did decide to use:

Duelist- (class will be mix of assassin/treasure hunter/rogue)

Berserker- I couldn't not have one, too much opportunity for carnage.

Medical Engineer- (class will be mix of technomage, engineer/pilot, and medic) Really needed a class to help with the machines, and the wounded heroes.

Star Knight- (class will be a mix of officer/knight/marine)

Heavy Sniper- (Class will be a mix of Demolitions/Sharpshooter, have plans to include jetpack, but not till later in campaign, too overpowered right at the start)

I was debating between having more generic looking heroes and having them upgrade in looks throughout the adventure, or going the SRPG route of having a unique look for them regardless of what their equips might be. I decided to go the SRPG route, have already made the Assassin and the Berserker, will update OP with pics and more info in a bit.
Lord Mercat
Minifig

Postby Tzan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 pm

In space... no one can hear your pipes freeze.
Tzan
Blockguy

Next

Return to Forum Battles