Briktopian "Vindicator" Super Heavy Death Tank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Briktopian "Vindicator" Super Heavy Death Tank

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:43 am

I'd use STAPs to come in low and fast to take out the treads, then focus on disabling the main guns.

After that, vomit droid squad after droid squad on it.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 am

It's the Armored Core thread all over again.

Stubby's idea sounds suspiciously like how they defeated the PARV though...

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 am

6. I'd use a squad or two of Assyrian Death Sniper Rifles (2d6+5dmg, 24" range, 4UR). That would put them out of the range of all the SHeDT's weaponry except for the main guns and the Self-propelled (?) rockets and shoot all the hinges/turn-tables I could shoot (1d10 or maybe 2d10 armor), then have commandos and Blue Knights jetpack out of the sky and cut/blow their way into the turret and kill all the operators, then fly out and use explosives to destroy the turrets that are left.

7. I could just send my SHoDT to attack it.

8. Shoot as many explosives as I can find at it.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:13 am

Oh well if we're just going to make up nonsense weapons then I would have a hero fire an Akkadian Black Hole Crossbow from orbit (Dmg 27d10+400 Use 0 Rng 9001").

Man, that's way easier than going through the trouble of actually having a battle.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:36 am

:owned:

Anyways this looks awesome and to take it out I would just send some planes to kamikaze the guns then send a couple of squads in and take out operators. Of course depending on anti infantry, enemy troops, and anti aircraft that could all fail.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Colette wrote:Stubby's idea sounds suspiciously like how they defeated the PARV though...
I don't think the PARV had big ass guns on it though, did it?
lawmaster wrote:Anyways this looks awesome and to take it out I would just send some planes to kamikaze the guns then send a couple of squads in and take out operators. Of course depending on anti infantry, enemy troops, and anti aircraft that could all fail.
You might as well make Kamikaze mini-drones if you aren't expecting them to live anyways...
Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Colette wrote:It's the Armored Core thread all over again.
Hah, I remember saying exactly the same thing in my Gekka thread. Whenever someone presents the board with their superweapon it drives people to come up with tactics that won't work executed by imaginary forces, it's almost a natural process it seems.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:14 pm

Sniper figs would be able to take out the treads pretty reliably, but then the tank just becomes a castle. The big strength in this thing is how many guns of different sizes it's got - as well as gunners to operate them all. Guns on the sides and attached to the turret look like they'd make short work of infantry, and if a large enough mob came, the gunners could all work together to land a big-ol splash damage shot from the main gun right in the center.

Death from above is still probably the best bet - the AA gun will hold out for a while, but not indefinitely. I think if you fielded this thing + an assault helicopter, you'd be near unstoppable.

Oh, and a mine flail would probably work even better against infantry than it does against mines.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 pm

I still maintain that landing an airship/ flying dreadnought on it would do just as good a job, but anyways...

ALSO: You could have chainsaws (perhaps those nifty see-through ones that look like a mixture of red/yellow you get in the iceworld sets?) instead of those circular saw things on the front, or you could have a massive bank of spikes/spears on the front, so you can just smash through infantry squads, impaling them all as you go, which would make for a :666: scene.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:54 pm

If we're going to discuss strategies on how to beat this thing then I'm going to give an honest opinion using forces I have already built.

First thing- I'm definitely using my rocket-fighter. If I line it up right, ram it into the turret, and detonate all of the missiles on impact, that's 24d6 momentum and 4 size-3 explosions (I think 24d10?, correct me if I'm wrong) right there even if it's ruled the rocket engine doesn't add more explosive damage. That'll wipe out at least a three-quarters of this thing's size points if not utterly destroying it assuming 3d10 armor and average rolls. It'll kill a good portion of the turret operators and the main gun will probably be unusable. If it survives it'll have the effective size of a normal tank if not less.
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Wed May 26, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Colette wrote:If we're going to discuss strategies on how to beat this thing then I'm going to give an honest opinion using forces I have already built.

First thing- I'm definitely using my Space Nazis rocket-fighter. If I line it up right, ram it into the turret, and detonate all of the missiles on impact, that's 24d6 momentum and 4 size-3 explosions (I think 24d10?, correct me if I'm wrong) right there even if it's ruled the rocket engine doesn't add more explosive damage. That'll wipe out at least a three-quarters of this thing's size points if not utterly destroying it assuming 3d10 armor and average rolls. It'll kill a good portion of the turret operators and the main gun will probably be unusable. If it survives it'll have the effective size of a normal tank if not less.

Then, if I wanted to play fair and stick with the factions, I roll my Tiger hover-tank in and fire everything at the burning carcass- it'll grind it down in 2-3 turns. If I wanted to just quickly mop up the mess my Trattorian STD could barrage it and take out the remains in one turn.
:shock: Well then...

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:45 pm

How big is your rocket fighter? It has to be 24" and travel 48" in a straight line to build up that much momentum. Only 12" to fire that many missiles, but they'd only do 12d10 damage, not 24.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:59 pm

stubby wrote:How big is your rocket fighter? It has to be 24" and travel 48" in a straight line to build up that much momentum. Only 12" to fire that many missiles, but they'd only do 12d10 damage, not 24.
It's quite small. It moves 48" per turn (real life Komets were twice as fast as other fighters of the era) but it is obligated to use its full move every turn, has to land and refuel every five turns, and also incurs the skill penalty for moving that fast.

Also, I reasoned the size limit shouldn't affect the fighter if it's just detonating rockets and not aiming and firing them.

EDIT: Facepalm. I totally forgot the part where creations can only build up their size in momentum. Troll on me but it'll still wipe out a third-half hit points. Also, wouldn't the missiles do explosive damage onto the tank as well? (12d10 within 2", 8d10 within 4" etc)
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:05 pm

I'd send in waves and waves of men until it it ran out of ammo or the gunner's trigger finger started to cramp up, and the tracks were too filled with blood and bodies to move.

But since I have only a wave of men, I wouldn't have that option. Beisded the air option there's really not much out there that can go toe to toe with this thing on the ground. I would probably have to refit all the maidens with heavy weapons and try to focus on the treads. Keep the main gun busy with the larger targets, and try to breach the rear entrance to the bay with a sizable force. Since there are backup controls, either try to overload the thing or build a bomb to plant, blow the body the turret goes with it, blow the turret, there's still guns to spare for the body to control.
Last edited by RoC77 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:12 pm

Colette wrote:If we're going to discuss strategies on how to beat this thing then I'm going to give an honest opinion using forces I have already built.

First thing- I'm definitely using my Space Nazis rocket-fighter. If I line it up right, ram it into the turret, and detonate all of the missiles on impact, that's 24d6 momentum and 4 size-3 explosions (I think 24d10?, correct me if I'm wrong) right there even if it's ruled the rocket engine doesn't add more explosive damage. That'll wipe out at least a three-quarters of this thing's size points if not utterly destroying it assuming 3d10 armor and average rolls. It'll kill a good portion of the turret operators and the main gun will probably be unusable. If it survives it'll have the effective size of a normal tank if not less.

Then, if I wanted to play fair and stick with the factions, I roll my Tiger hover-tank in and fire everything at the burning carcass- it'll grind it down in 2-3 turns. If I wanted to just quickly mop up the mess my Trattorian STD could barrage it and take out the remains in one turn.
stubby wrote:Oh well if we're just going to make up nonsense weapons then I would have a hero fire an Akkadian Black Hole Crossbow from orbit (Dmg 27d10+400 Use 0 Rng 9001").
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?