United Earth Space Forces and Terran Alliance (New Pics)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: United Earth Space Forces and Terran Alliance (New Pics)

Post by stubby » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

We had orbital strikes in 2000 or 2001 or somewhere. They had a high UR and all MissedBy inches were multiplied by four.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:03 pm

stubby wrote:We had orbital strikes in 2000 or 2001 or somewhere. They had a high UR and all MissedBy inches were multiplied by four.
Maybe we can get the bombardment a little more precise. Technology in the distant brik future is not as inaccurate (stupid) as warhammer 40k. For having been at war for 40,000 years, the races of Warhammer 40k are extremely unorganized and annoyingly weak. Even today our special forces can laser designate targets hundreds of miles away for a Navy destroyer to launch a missile and take out a specific floor in a building or for a fighter jet/fighter bomber to unleash hell on a very small target. I'm sure there can be rules made to allow this, on the flip side the fail and crit fail consequence should be proportionate to the potential damage that could have been caused for example the Space Frigate exploding in space and for the pieces of the ship to fall at random throughout the duration of the battle.
Ben-Jammin wrote:I'm thinking that the damage from microspace weapons could be, like doubled or something to make up for the fact that they're shooting at minifigs and minifig-scale vehicles.

And I just about bought a PS3 just for the sole purpose of playing DUST 514.
I think it's perfectly fine to use miniature space ships if you can't build them to minifig scale, the only thing that you can't do is like a tactical reentry and bring the ship into the planet to cause havoc especially if in the planetary battlefield it is only a miniature. Minifig scale ships can traverse the planet and go up into space and stay in scale. This can make for some interesting scenario battles.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Solidus927 wrote:I think it's perfectly fine to use miniature space ships if you can't build them to minifig scale, the only thing that you can't do is like a tactical reentry and bring the ship into the planet to cause havoc especially if in the planetary battlefield it is only a miniature. Minifig scale ships can traverse the planet and go up into space and stay in scale. This can make for some interesting scenario battles.
That is my greatest dream but sadly I don't have enough monies.

As of very recently I also have practically no more space to store bigger lego stuff.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:... I don't have enough monies.
Story of my entire brikwars army.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:43 am

Kalvinator wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:... I don't have enough monies.
Story of my entire brikwars army.
It's the same with me. I do have a small pile of pieces I could repurpose from time to time. They wouldn't be gorgeous micros but they could do as stand ins. If they physical figures stayed on their respective battlefields, scale wouldn't matter too much. And you could always build micro versions of stuff that can transcend atmos. Like the magical dragon or whatever. You'd just be prevented from going the other way round.

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Trying to keep track of both the mini and micro figures on both battlefields would be tedious, but it can be done. Honestly you can play however you'd like, however my system would be for those with interplanetary forces in minifig scale. Sad thing is i'm in the middle of Omaha Nebraska and I don't know anybody here who plays Brikwars. These things are going to just sit here on my table until I actually find a group to play with.

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 pm

This is the ship I am flying in Eve Online at the moment. It is a Caldari Advanced Frigate called the "Merlin". I will build her out of LEGO's not megablocks and show her off when done. Thanks for visiting.

I might need 2 of these.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I dunno, turn it on its side, it has the general shape. One may do...

:fist: Also, screw you for A. Being able to play EVE (Which looks like the best MMO ever) and B. Have all these Legos that I want.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Nice stuff Solidus, loving those space craft. However maybe going away from the clone army feel might help your army look better. Still loving the army
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Here are some capital ship variations which i don't have the pieces to build separately. These are the old prototypes to the "Sacrilege".

Here is a variable fighter design copied from the Japanese robotech desinger called Van Force which i built without instructions.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Nice job on both.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am

Silverdream wrote:Nice job on both.
Thank you :)

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 am

:rule7: Has anyone thought of doing engineering instructions for larger stuff - not plans for actual SHIPs, STDs, etc, but just like a series of posts detailing the principles of building really big MOCs?
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm

pkbrennan wrote::rule7: Has anyone thought of doing engineering instructions for larger stuff - not plans for actual SHIPs, STDs, etc, but just like a series of posts detailing the principles of building really big MOCs?
I'm sure there's a website online where you can find info on how to use "Constructions Techniques" to build modern esque houses, boats, or furniture. My trick is simply I think about the shape I want and I just reinforce everything until it looks the way i want. The main thing is building a strong skeletal structure and build around it. This is construction basics because you can't have a strong structure without first building a strong base or foundation.