Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Falx Elite

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Falx Elite

Post by Bragallot » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:35 am

The people of Medivo have won a lot of battles against the Falx Republic, but what they don't realize is that they haven't yet faced the Falx's finest...

Such as the Second, the mystical leader of the Esti, native to the realm of Estius the Crimson Crusade is currently invading.

Or the mighty conquistadores, who have charged down the Republic's enemies on countless worlds.

Though usually cavalry, conquistadores may fight in a variety of roles.

The most feared perhaps are the Demonspawn thralls the Republic fields: the juggernaughts.

How the Falx keep these creatures in thrall is anyone's guess.

Jinetes are Falx nobles who spend their days chasing runaway slaves, rebels and criminals. They most often fight as mounted archers. Some may occasionally serve as a kind of secret police to the Falx government.

The highest ranked among the Falx are the Summoners who are capable of creating portals into other worlds. Because this is such an essential part of any Falx invasion, people with magical talent are highly sought after. Seen here are the summoner's students: mages that are a long shot from becoming summoners, but are nevertheless quite powerful. The magic used by the Falx is a foul one that corrupts and disfigures the user and the distinct facial traits of the summoners may already become apparent in the apprentices. They most often wear hoods to hide their transformation.

Musketeers: elite missile troops.

Legionaries still fill the bulk of the ranks. The typical spiked Falx shield can turn into a weapon, dealing damage to enemies who charge into them.

Finally I've decided to change the halberdiers' look to the more appropriate heavy armour decal. Death seekers are still the same. The Esti (Falx soldiers seen in 'After the Rift') probably need some more development as I'm not entirely happy with their look.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Awesome stuff! I may have to look back at this when I'm modifying the Falx troops I currently have. All under your permission of course.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Nice to see the Falx busting out some of them mutated mares with the 'realistik' head.

EDIT: Shit, I wish they pushed last year's castle to clearance already!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 am

They deserve an army Overwatch picture. :)

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:40 am

I'll do that once I finish the Esti (and perhaps some more brikbuilt horse bardings) - still need some parts for that (I wasn't entirely happy with their look so I changed it).
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?