The Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurer's Guild (ASAG)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: The Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurer's Guild (ASAG)

Postby pkbrennan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 pm

This is not strictly ASAG, but as it was not worth starting a new faction post for them, I thought I would append them here.

Introducing:

The Ashan Caliphate

The Ashan Caliphate is found on the western ‘tip’ of Ekk, and is an ancient kingdom which has not embraced modernity. Modern technology is not so much forbidden as generally distrusted and not used to any great extent. Horseback and camel are the main forms of transport, with only a very few motor vehicles being present – usually owned by foreign visitors and dignitaries to the caliphate. It is ruled by the Caliph Teispes, a young Caliph who has a keen sense of tradition. To call Teispes a Luddite would be grossly unfair, as he was educated in some of the best private schools and universities found in Blighty, and is perfectly familiar with all modern technologies. It is more accurate to say that he considers the disadvantages of modern technology far outweigh the perceived benefits, and certain things, like firearms, one could well do without.

Despite the lack of more modern technology, the Ashan Caliphate are by no means backwards. Their standard of medical care is as high as that found in any Nord nation-state, and their farming methods are the envy of other regions of Ekk. The south of the country is rich and verdant, and the Ashan Caliphate are able to export vast quantities of food to other, more impoverished, regions of Ekk. The north of the country gives way to savannah then to mountainous deserts, which forms a natural defensive border around the caliphate.

Teispes, Caliph of Ashan

And another picture with more horse in it than a Tesco's Everyday Value Lasagne:

Hashashin

Jannissarie

This is kind of a mashup between an ancient Persian Empire (Ashan) and the early Ottoman Empire. I cannot remember if it is transliterated as Hashashin or Hashishin, but this is the Turkish word from which "Assassin" is derived. Jannissaries were just the elite shock troops of the Ottoman Empire of circa 1400-ish.

Oh yes, I did just de-peach those two from the Prince of Persia set - their faces were so awful I just had to de-peach them. Teispes looks good as a peach, though, so he's staying as one.

A map of Pekab might be useful at this point:

See that funny bit on the west side of Ekk hanging south that looks a little like I bolted India onto Africa? That's where I have put the Ashan Caliphate.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Re: The Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurer's Guild (ASAG)

Postby Zupponn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Amazonia should totally be shaped like a cock and balls.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Previous

Return to The Armoury