Engel Combat Suit

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Neo-Prussian commanders are still arguing whether this suit should be mass-produced...

Yes, it would give them an edge (in versatility)
36%
Yes, because regular infantry is too weak
5%
Yes (other reason)
14%
No, there should be enough other creations to complement it
5%
No, it should remain a support unit
14%
No, it's simply not effective enough
No votes
No, it wouldn't be cost-efficient
5%
No (other reason)
5%
I don't care because I have a dick in my mouth
18%

Total votes : 22

Re: Engel Combat Suit

Postby Bragallot » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:10 am

That's a possibility, but then the legs look a little bit too straight to me. You could also just put another 1x1 round between the pip and the brick, that doesn't look too bad either. The legs are about as long as the body and look okay to me, but if you think they should be longer, go for it.

The shoulders don't bother me either, if you want them to stick out less though, you can remove those small slopes and use 1x1 plates, or just leave it open. Most power armour I know has pretty big shoulders (like starcraft marines), and this suit is almost exactly twice as tall as a normal minifig, which is bigger than for instance the Starcraft marines, so...

The bottom line is that, even if you use this design, you should make adjustments as you see fit if you think that would be better. That's what everyone did with the prowler design, too.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:Everybody needs a sand green codpiece.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Bluefog » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:31 am

Totally gonna jack this idea for my army if I'm able to buy the needed lego off my friend who has vast quantities of bulk lego. I'll totally give cred though. Thanks for making instructions available.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Officer

Postby piltogg » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:56 pm

not terribly pleasing aesthetically.. so I wouldn't mass produce them unless some slight changes on the design were made first. Namely, a different crotch-connection and less wide shoulders.

Then if you are looking at strategic value to CP cost ratios, it's usually not worth it to make hardsuits unless they can carry weapons that are bigger than what a normal fig could, so you might look into something of that nature as well.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Previous

Return to The Armoury