Once Upon a World- Factions- Updated June 14th

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Re: Once Upon a World- Factions- Updated June 14th

Postby ikensall » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:22 pm

So, I got bored with my old Citadel Heavy tank. It wasn't as "clean" as I would've liked. So I decided to build a different bigyellowtank on the suspension.

Now I don't have the tracks to make anything I could call a "Super Death Tank" or a "Super Heavy Death Tank" without the inch lawyers bitching about the thing lacking a few inches Hurrrrr (Collette, I'm looking right at you, wherever you are, I'm looking straight at you right now, okay.)

So, I decided I'd try something different. The Kingdom of Yellow (or whatever I called it two years ago) presents the Siege Tank Mk1; the "Tor".

(Now featuring Valiant's backpack storage method and this sledgehammer build: https://www.flickr.com/photos/razumikhin/356471576/ )

Dominating your monitor the way it's gonna dominate your fortress.  :bitch:

I had to tear up the Slugger assault gun to get the yellow, but I'm okay with that, because the slugger was getting dated and I can have a go at a new build with the wheels. I used some of the other parts to update the Pugilist  armoured car, which I'm quite happy with (so more pics coming soon).

Dat ass though.

More fun inside...
Spoiler: show

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Bluefog » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Nothing constructive to add. I just want to compliment it.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."
Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zupponn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Now, it must see action!
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby ikensall » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Bluefog wrote:Nothing constructive to add. I just want to compliment it.

8)

Zupponn wrote:Now, it must see action!

I have plans, even if it's too tall to shoot most stuff with it's main siege cannon, I will find a way.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Valiant » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:32 pm

Nice job on the build! Maybe add a couple extra machine guns, but other than that, she's a great tank.
Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Postby ikensall » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:37 pm

I wanted it to be a bit vulnerable to infantry, so as to promote the "run at it with explosives" mentality. Having said that, ther'es plenty of flat space on top for whatever infantry support teams you want...
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Gorthaff » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:21 am

SHDT or not, hat s one damn fine looking piece if hardware.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!
Gorthaff
Minifig

Postby Natalya » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:49 am

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby ikensall » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:03 pm

I have yet to use the "EXCELLENT" emoticon.

Until now.

:excellent:
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Tzan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:08 pm

ikensall wrote:I have yet to use the "EXCELLENT" emoticon.

Until now.

Hey thats awesome!
You finally used that emoticon!
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby ikensall » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:52 am

Okay so I've a few more builds now, when I get around to taking pictures of them all that is.

I'll start with the most recent one, I tore up the Warrior tank to make an equally yellow and slightly more compact tank:

After grievous losses in the Kingdom of Yellow's tank corps and an emerging fashion for smaller tanks (wait 'till you see the other builds) the kingdom began to recruit minors into its tank detachments.

Pictured are Tim (L) and Gareth (R) standing next to their new tank, the Humpy Hippo III. They're one man down after their driver was immolated in the destruction of the Humpy Hippo II.

The Kingdom's brightest 8 year-olds are recruited into the tank academy to crew tanks with more modest interior space and for their reckless will to advance without infantry support.
After graduating a year later, the life of a child-tanker is one of sex and danger, these guys often get in excess of three valentines cards a year and can be found behind the bike shed...

Spoiler: show
Deatils anyone?

Edited this one pretty hard, it came out all blurry,

Ridiculously tall, brightly coloured, various underpowered armaments, and with a flag attached... with actually two flags... very proud.

For more yellow and more child-soldiers: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lemon_boy ... 2784684232
Last edited by ikensall on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby ikensall » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:59 am

So I also made this a long time back but never posted it, some of you might've seen it in the chat.

Caption (from flickr):
The gunboat "Basilisk", commanded by Lt. Cmdr. von Kipper (nephew to that famous admiral). Pictured here two days before she was lost with all hands, after a torpedo detonated her main magazine at the skirmish of Lizard Cape.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby ikensall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:24 pm

So then, I still have other stuff after this but we'll see as to when that gets uploaded. I made this one today, I keep on stumbling over pictures of lego elephants and being like "hey, I have two of those". It goes quite nicely with my eastern-Imperial dudes who were kinda neglected 'till recently, most of my infantry is completely different to when I first started, and I probably need to redo a whole summary for all my forces again. But I CBA.

Being honest, I can't really call to mind any armoured elephant/elephant tank designs that really satisfy me, most of them are "house stuck on an elephant" designs, and the others are mostly clunky efforts at trying to give elephants armour plating, which is always going to be difficult when you're pairing the organic shape of the elephant piece and the straight lines and hard edges of standard lego. Anyways, here is my attempt, Red Nelly:

The Red Nelly tank features  working suspension, all acomplished without any springs or technic pieces. I'm a genius.

The netting prevents boarding parties and is useful for carrying cargo or friendly troops. It also adds extra pazazz.

I have another elephant in dark grey, so I'll have to think of another take on this for the second one.

I'm looking forward to trying this out in a brikwar, the mixture of elephant and tank in one is promising. Oh wait but I've got school in two days, maybe another time.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Chicken Tenders » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:03 pm

This elephant. I love it. The first time I looked at it something seemed off, but every time I looked at it I liked it more and now, now I just love it. The only suggestion I could make here is if you have a couple extra chains that could reach, would be to maybe add a pair that strap down under the chest of the elephant from those two exposed studs on the side.
(\_/)
(^-^)
(_--_)*
Chicken Tenders
Champion
Champion

Postby ikensall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:20 pm

Chicken Tenders wrote:This elephant. I love it. The first time I looked at it something seemed off, but every time I looked at it I liked it more and now, now I just love it. The only suggestion I could make here is if you have a couple extra chains that could reach, would be to maybe add a pair that strap down under the chest of the elephant from those two exposed studs on the side.

Thanks, I get you here, I did actually see if I could do the thing with chains under it's belly but they're too long and just scrape off the floor. I do agree that it could use something to make it seem attached all the way round, as it doesn't seem quite as fluent a transition from elephant to turret as I first thought. But it is supposed to look awkward and dorky so it's not all bad there, perhaps you just need a bit of exposure to adjust to the intentional spackyness.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury