The Madasses

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

The Madasses

Postby DeltaV » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 am

The Madasses are a mercenary faction, a surprisingly large one, consisting of many different kinds of minifigs, vehicles and creatures. Most of these hail from different planets, some are exiles, some are robots, most of them joined for fun. The Madasses are hired guns, but their prices are surprisingly low. All they want is a good fight; they already have the teknology to ressurect themselves and travel through time, and money isn't really an issue. In a few cases, they even fought against themselves.
I am going to post a few units every once in a while. This is mainly because my army is the polar opposite of Asterios; instead of a large, boring, uniform mass of identical minifigs, I have a gigantic amount of variation in units. And I want to write little bits of backstory for each of them. Yep. It would seem logical to include a group shot of my army, but that would spoil the fun.
Additional pics and backstory will be included in spoilers, for the poor people with shitty internets. Because I can't be arsed to scale my shit down.

So, let's get started with the
HEROES
-Bastian Armadeus
“All hail the Madasses, who will...
Oh, sod it. Speeches suck. Guys, rules are as usual. Minifigs are one point each, small vehicles is three, large vehicles six and that asshat over there nets you a bonus ten points. Yes, that one, Pseudo, the one with the copious amounts of flammable fixative in his stupid blonde hair. I'll get the winner a nice drink and a day off, now CHAAAAARGE!”

Role: Leader, juggernaut
Spoiler: show
Leader of the Madasses, Bastian is a hulking mass of muscles with expertise in a wide variety of weaponry. Born on a large but rather low-tek planet, he lost his parents to the wildlife and learned to survive in the wilderness. He grew up to be the kind of man that strangles bears with bare hands. He also is, strangely enough, a bibliophile, and very adept when it comes to technical shit, building his own weapons. He created the Artificial Immortal Core, which can be used to teleport and rebuild anything registered in it, granting his entire army immortality.
He has a variety of weaponry.
The Black Betty combines the firing speed of a gatling gun with the stopping power of tankshells. It can easily sweep small vehicles from the map, outright murder any minifig and put dents into armored tanks.
The Wreckercannon charges up every turn, with an additional charge if Bastian opts not to move. The Wreckercannon produces a giant cannonball of plasma fired at madass speeds. The cannonball deals a lot of damage and tends to overkill, sometimes even through vehicles. Inspidered by the SBC Cannon from Serious Sam.
The Sawcalibur...well...it's a very, very large double edged chainclub. Bastian is muscular enough to swing it one-handed, and one swing is usually able to mop up an entire squad worth of minifigs. Remember that being assaulted by a man wielding a chainsaw 2.5 times the size of the average minifig and pissing your pants about it is perfectly acceptable.
The Handcannons are basically rocket launchers with an infinite supply of bomb. Unlike the other weapons (which are large and tend to get in the way), the Handcannons don't impair Bastian's movement.
All of the good stuff.

Cassida Armadeus
“Could one of you boys go to the beertank and fetch me a new shirt? This one is soaked with blood. And on fire.”
Role: Hero, long range, anti-tank, anti-infantry, pyro
Cassida's birth was a bit...odd, to say the least. About 20 seconds after Bastian screwed a bear to death out of sheer boredom, a little girl popped out. Just like her big daddy, she's a lover of ...let me rephrase that. Like Bastian, she has an affinity for heavy weaponry, as well as the sheer muscle to carry them. On the battlefield, she always shows up holding her two favorite guns, the Reaper's Handgun and Devil's Kiss.
The Reaper's Handgun is a bastard railgun, whose projectiles pack a nasty hull-piercing sting. Like a large fat bee, fired at supersonic speeds, while at the same time being made of lead. It's kinda lethal.
The Devil's Kiss is Cassida's flamethrower. It blasts fireballs around at high speeds, which explode on impact, making it an extremely effective solution to squads of infantry.
All of the good stuff.

Pseudo-Warhead
“CKHAKHAKHAKHAAAAAAAA!”
Role: Villain, Anti-Minifig, pyro, being insane
The fruit of labour that was a cloning experiment using a Warhead sphincter. Scientists tried to develop the Ultimate Weapon with the sphincter, creating a clone and of it and altering bits of its personality. For example, they changed Warhead's lust for moms into bloodlust.
Warheads Lust allows him to detect and count the amount of Moms within a radius of approx. 2 parsecs, and also differentiate fresh virgins from worn-out whores. Kinda powerful.
This experiment resulted in what can only be described as madness incarnate. A cackling monstrosity, communicating only through laughing, preying on everything it can sense, leaving a trail of bloody vapor in it's wake. If Warhead's head burns with war, then Pseudo Warhead's head is an inferno of it, blue-hot flames trailing it's skull as it walks, his frenzied cackle never stopping, always echoing in the mind of the victims who have yet to die.
Bastian simply recruited him by giving him fancy weapons, as anticlimatic as that might sound. Hey, people like shinies, I wouldn't blame him.
Pseudo Warhead wields the 1+4 Pronged Infernal Clawstick, which ignites those who suffer wounds from it with blue-white flames,
a modified Nova Sword nicknamed the Energy Well Blade, which combines the parrying aspect with the ability to store the energy of impact and firing it back as a sword beam,
and the Hellraiser Burstgun, which fires P-Warhead's own flames in a spread, though it will have to recharge with his energy for a turn afterwards.
Pseudo Warhead, while still having a smidgen of reason left, is way too insane to come up with cool heroic feats. Instead, he powers up as he kills, increasing his damage and movement. Like the rest of the heroes, he can tote large weapons around without being impaired too much.
Wepins
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Re: The Madasses

Postby Zahru II » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Blue flame Warhead is an awesome idea!

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Silverdream » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

This is all really cool. Hope to see more people with awesome weapons.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:54 am

That must be one of the best Warhead figs I've seen. I'm wishing I had more trans blue pieces now 'cos I think it goes together with the undead better than regular flames.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:Everybody needs a sand green codpiece.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby DeltaV » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:43 am

Silverdream wrote:This is all really cool. Hope to see more people with awesome weapons.

Don't worry, you won't be disappointed.

On a semi-related note, what would you guys want to see the most?
A motorcycle/tank hybrid,
a cyborg-laser-mecha-drill-tractor-mosasaurus,
or Jameson?

This may or may not have influence on what I will post first.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby stubby » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 pm

DeltaV wrote:On a semi-related note, what would you guys want to see the most?
A motorcycle/tank hybrid,
a cyborg-laser-mecha-drill-tractor-mosasaurus,
or Jameson?

yeah that sounds good
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zupponn » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:35 pm

I always will from this point on look forward to your armory threads.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby DeltaV » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 pm

school happens

Kyle the Prodigal Warmedic
“I really hope you won't inquire me about the procedure being painful, of course it is, now hold still and try not to flail around too much.”
Role: Army medik, turret deployer
Kyle is a child prodigy, winning a both a Nobel Price for “The Most Gratifying and Adrealin Inducing Display of Unnecessary Manslaughter” and for “Advances in Cybernetic Enhancement on Animals for Warfare and Other Fun Stuff” at the age of 12. Now 16 years old, Kyle supports the Madasses on the battlefield.
His weapon of choice, the Circumsaw, is capable of draining minifig bodies of bodily fluids, both living and deceased ones. The Circumsaw can then inject these fluids (altered and mixed with chemicals) into other organic units, granting them buffs. Kyle can also use his weapon to do surgery on his dead allies and revive them, with the fluid also granting bonuses to his Ker-Triage rolls.
He also carries around with him a deployable Dirty Syringe Turret, to weaken or distract minifigs from a distance.
Lastly, he also has the special Geneva Konvention ability. After a successful Ker-Triage roll, any minifig trying to target Kyle will suffer from severe Skill penalties. Possibly out of respect for the medik, or out of sheer fucking fear. That saw is nasty.
Also, fuck all of you people who give their medics a single fucking saw or some weak shitty weapon like a knife or a goddamned medpack and nothing else. They are minifigs too, they deserve their share of carnage, hell, they CUT PEOPLE UP FOR A LIVING, THEY ARE SOME OF THE BLOODTHIRSTIEST, AND YOU GIVE THEM SHITTY WEAPONRY, THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?

The Generic Special Ops
Roles: Heavy, Sniper, Scout
A trio consisting of a Heavy, Sniper and Scout. They are professionals, though regarded by certain members of the army to be too serious.
The Heavy carries a Bastard Rifle with grenade launcher, as well as a frag grenade and 'Drug' grenade. The latter is a nastly little invention, used to penetrate armor and hulls, and the explosion is directed into the vehicle through the OT-lined needle, making it effective at killing pilots and troops inside said vehicle, rendering it inoperative while not having to go through the messy procedure of chipping away at its armour.
(also, note the slightly dented visor, thought it'd be a nice touch)
weps
The Sniper has, besides a smoke grenade and his own Drug grenade, his trusty and mandatory sniper rifle. He also has a radar built into his helmet, which allows him to detect sneaking units and units hiding behind cover, as well as communicate with the scout for any possible chance she is going to date him weak spots and priority targets.
weps
The Scout is not as heavily armed, and therefore a swift unit. She communicates with the Sniper and the Heavy, and can point high-priority targets out, giving a skill bonus. She has a jumpjet to get around, a chainsword with wide guard to parry CC attacks better, and a Fat Man Pocket Launcher, a slow rocket with a large explosive radius.
gunnzzyes (The chainsword's guard is a bent steering wheel thingmajigger. Broken parts are still parts, you know!)

Ill post more next weekend I guess, when I have more time on my claws.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Silverdream » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:33 pm

These weapons are insane.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby DeltaV » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:03 am

damn i am a lazy procrastinating ass
oh well lets throw a few pictures i still had lying about

New Age DSM
“I don't understand why the rest of my brethren insist on using their old weaponry. What's wrong with new stuff?”
Role: DSM, close/mid-range brawler
The NADSM, often simply called Nads, is a DSM by origin, but got stranded on a distant planet after a kritikal failure in the engine. Naked and alone, he had to fight for his life in the harsh wilderness, but a member of one of the strongest factions in existence doesn't go down quickly. He replaced his old, tattered DSM uniform with a new astro-suit, and forged weaponry out of the beasts he encountered.
He wields the Tailwhip, a CC-weapon which indeed was fashioned from a long tail, and the Lizardgun, which fires blobs of corrosive acid, which can destroy armour under certain circumstances.
He also recently got himself a new weapon, a Grenade Repeater. The purple piece is Knexx. I like that piece.

Senior&Junior
“Son, please, take that ridiculous hat off. It ruins your image as a wizard, and the image is one of the most important aspects!”
“Calm down old man, it's useful. Keeps the sun out of my eyes.”
“None of the sass, young man, do as I say and take it off!”

Roles: Nuker&Cleric
A mage duo consisting of father and son. Each got their own special powers. They are very powerful units, and when supported and utilized properly can turn the game upside down. I might actually make a comic for the backstory of these two, but I am lazy.
Senior is a darkomancer. He wields the Umbral Staff, a very powerful weapon that collects souls of fallen minifigs within a certain range. The souls are used to fuel the staff's attack, a magic explosion of concentrated darkness which annihilates body and spirit. Senior also carries a modified Spinal Shotgun, so he can collect the souls by himself should he need to.
Junior, on the other hand, doesn't directly harm enemies with his magic. Instead, his Vigor Staff allows him to give an unit an entire extra turn (fire emblem bard unit?). The amount of souls collected increases the chance that the buff will work on bigger units. He also wields a very fancy sword, doesn't that look like a cool sword, I bet you want that sword now.
Senior and Junior can exchange souls between their staves as they please, regardless of the distance between them or the status of their life functions.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby DeltaV » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Oh hey more stuff.
I'll see if I can get more photos tomorrow.

The Scotsman
“HRNK!”
Role: TURN THAT FUCKING THING OFF AAAARRGH
Cloaked in mystery, kilt, and long white socks, this man lets his Electric Bagpipe speak for him. Everybody gets to listen to it, whether they want it or not, because the instrument enhances and amplifies the chaotic blaring to levels close to 500 J+Bcibel. The sounds wreck minds, make the deaf appreciate their disabillity, and would even drown out Warheads (blood)lust. Has no effect on Dimmies, who have no comprehension of good music and love the chaotic noise.
In the worst case, minifigs might experience a rare Inward Boner, the most horrible form of torture in existence.
The Electric Bagpipes in all their gory, at a very bad angle. Note the microphone, for feedback.

David
To be honest, it wasn't much of a close shave. More like a crew cut, really. Four more notches on my belt
Role: Sniper, scout
He is a cool dude with nice hair and a pair of shades to boot. His weapon, the Beamsaw Xbow, is reverse engineered from the Immortal Xbow. Instead of firing multiple razor sharp sawblades like a shotgun, it fires a single Hard Light copy of a sawblade in a straight line. This armour-piercing weapon has a very nasty tendecy to overkill, which means that squads will have trouble if they line up. It's also very effective against mecha-like units, as the laser disc can easily cut through armour to reach and destroy weak points.
David also has a jumpjet backpack, allowing him to reposition himself fairly quickly.
Should've made a weapon picture.

Frederic
Lord of the skies, swatting the flies.
Role: Anti-infantry, anti-air
The official Rocketeer of the Madasses, sporting a marvelous moustache. His two Kinetic Accelerator Revolvers deal hefty damage against unarmoured minifigs, and the flak cannon wrecks airborne vehicles. Being a rocketeer, he wears jetpack armour, providing the benefits of flying through the skies and being nigh unkillable by small arms.

Null
"..."
Role: Harassassin, scout
A ninja claimed to have given up his sense of sight and his ability to talk for the power of spatial shenanigans. Null is one serious assassin, and usually mysteriously absent from the rowdy after-war victory parties.
He combines his ability to shift his spatial position with his teal katana for his signature back-to-backstabs. He never faces his victim, and never looks back.
jeez fine ok a front image

Bruce, A.K.A. Tank Bruiser
“Guess what? That fine little bumper of yours is going sore, like an apple! Or, better, your mother last night! Or my back, I guess...”
Role: Demolitionist, anti-vehicle
Bruce hails from the same planet as Bastian, and have been buddies for a long time. While his muscle cannot compete, he too has an interest in big guns, and like Bastian Bruce builds his own.
Bastian carries the Sunblaze Wavecannon on his back. It fires a powerful laser effective at taking out armored units at long distances, though it has to cool down afterwards or it risks exploding.
I don't know why I don't have weapon pictures :<

Cha-ze
War electrician operative.
Role: Anti-infantry, anti-robotics
He's an android. I don't have any other backstory to speak of.
He has a gigantic Tesla Cannon-Coil pack on his back, capable of arcing to and frying many minifigs simultaneously. Because we are talking lightning, armour won't save anyone, unless it's rubber. It's also extremely effective against mechanical entities, short-circuiting opposing androids and robots, as well as fucking over targeting systems.

Gunface the Maniac
“Pretty lights!
More pretty lights!
MORE PRETTY LIGHTS!”

Role: Anti-armour, demolitionist
An Immortal Maniac that defected to the Madasses in exchange for his favorite kind of dakka: giant fuck-off plasma cannons. Being a Maniac, Gunface suffers no penalties from carrying heavy shit about, but does have the tendecy to flip out and do something horribly stupid every once in a while.
The plasma cannons are leftovers that Jameson didn't need anymore, exchanging them for quadgatling pods for more dakka. They need to recharge after firing, so Gunface can fire in succesion and still attack every turn, or fire them both and recharge for one turn. The explosive plasma shots deal heavy damage against armoured targets. As a bonus, the gun on his helmet's visor is actually functional, allowing him to deal with weak cannonfodder not worth wasting kabooms on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Cobra Jones
“Ah, the Dimmy in its natural environment. The aspects of the Dimmy that stand out the most are the freckles, the noze, which normally only forms on minifigs in extremely rare cases, and their incredible sense of chaos. They get really REALLY agitated when they spot something even remotely orderly, which is why I am wearing this patchwork rainbow suit and baseball cap, so it won't notice me. Now, to the explosives. Today, I'll be using...”
Role: Presentator, scout, mole, spotter
Cobra is a presentator of a show on Diskovery Channel, showing off how to survive in the harsh climates of distant planets with tons of explosives. The show is kinda popular.
Cobra has the odd tendecy to find himself stealthed behind the enemy's defences, before the fight even starts. His job is to disable enemy weaponry with bundles of TNT from his Infinitek Backback, and film the carnage. He can also point out weak points for others, acting like a spotter.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Kalvinator » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Bruce is awesome. How much damage does his gun do?
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby DeltaV » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Bruce is awesome. How much damage does his gun do?

I haven't worked out stats yet, and I am bad with coming up with numbers since dice are dice, and I don't know what defensive stats vehicles usually have, so...
I'll just say that one shot is potent enough to Ker-BOOM! small to medium sized vehicles. I'll probably have to read up on stuff a bit more in the rulebook, but that's fine, because the rulebook is cool.
DeltaV
Officer

Return to The Armoury