The Aklorian E.C.A. (most of it, anyway) Updated

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

The Aklorian E.C.A. (most of it, anyway) Updated

Post by Captain26618 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 am

Quick warning: although I've been a member on this site for a while, this is my first thread post, so it might be a bit hard to read. I'll welcome any constructive criticism. Another thing, the descriptions for the units shown below aren't the most accurate, as the actual stats make them seem considerably more balanced.
This is a kinda long read, so if you get the urge to claw your eyes out at the sight of text walls, proceed with caution.
Lastly, most of my vehicular units are operated by autonomous A.I. (artificial intelligence(and the indoctrination of A.I. into the E.C.A. has a pretty long history by itself.). I just thought I'd go ahead and say that because most things I see on here are minifig-operated.

Alright, here are the raw basics as far as history goes...
In some random part of the universe, there is the world of Akloria.

After the 29th Warring Nations Period (1804-1840), the five nations of the eastern continent formed a military alliance that came to be known as the Cour-Dhiou (pronounced “Core-Dyow”) Council (also known as the E.C.A./Eastern Continent Alliance). The objectives of the Council were originally to repel any invaders from the "Outer Regions"(foreign continents), research and collaborate on new technologies for the Five Nations, and to ensure prosperity for all in the Eastern Continent.

Super-basic map of the Eastern Continent on Akloria.

By the year 1913, a mechanical revolution spread across the world. The E.C.A. largely stuck to blades and bows until the year 1934.
In 1943, Germanians from the west invaded the Eastern Continent, but were unsuccessful despite inflicting heavy damage.
In 1966, the Galnonian continent, ruled by a tyrant emperor, waged a 33 year war of conquest against the Central Continent, eventually pulling the E.C.A. into the fight. The C.C.U. (Central Continent Union) and the E.C.A. formed an alliance against the Empire. In the year 1974, an alien super-empire known as the Azshurans came to Akloria and wreaked havoc. It wasn't long before communications between factions soothed the fighting between them, and thus a shaky (very, very shaky) alliance was formed. By that point it was pretty much a 3 vs 1 match against the Galnonians. They were eventually defeated, but with their defeat came a new war of its own: relationships between Azshurans and the C.C.U. grew very tense as arguments over colonization erupted.
It's now the close of the 31st Warring Nations Period in the year of 1999.

That pretty much sums of the history. Onward with the units!

Designed in 1954, the HV 1.5 Assault Vehicle has proven to be a powerful and versatile machine. Although it has now been mostly phased out of E.C.A. service, this unit still sees action in other parts of the world as a primary armored weapon.

Commonly known as the M.A.V., this glorified amphibious transport has seen action in pretty much every battle scenario since its introduction in the year 1960. The M.A.V. can be adapted to serve under almost any military role, from forward assault, to artillery, to heavy repair unit. It can carry up to 14 fully equipped soldiers, and has plenty of cargo space on the sides and top for transporting defensive turrets, extra ammunition, etc.

In the year 1973, the amphibious assault vehicle known as the Scorpion was created. This vehicle (yr1981 MkIII-B shown here) is moderately armored, and is capable of taking on open, urban, and artillery roles. The Scorpion has a fold-up dual-barreled anti-tank turret that also has two side-mounted small guided Arc Missiles for both anti-air and firing over obstacles. The Scorpion also boasts two frontal flamethrowers/MGs (pilot can toggle between the two), two jump seats for infantry to ride on, and an energy shield generator. This vehicle has proven itself numerous times against both the Galnonian Empire and the Azshuran Empire during its service.

An unmanned hovering Scorpion variant designed in 1984 has proven to be superior in almost all aspects of combat to its predecessors. It comes with higher-caliber anti-tank guns and MGs, two small but powerful front-mounted missiles, a directional static kill system designed to detonate hostile slow-moving projectiles that are in front of the vehicle, and twin jet turbines for temporary increased speed (imagine if a tank had the sprint ability).

A project that started in 1968, the Stinger AAV(yr1979 MkIII shown here) is a highly mobile unmanned hovering assault vehicle oriented for firepower and flank tactics. The Stinger boasts two high-caliber anti-tank guns, and a small dual MG on the front. It also comes equipped with a static kill system for taking out enemy missiles at close range.

The Type 4 Reconnaissance and Light Combat Hover Cycle entered service in 1982, and has since been a favorite for E.C.A. Shock Troopers and Officers. This vehicle comes standard with a dual under mounted MG and a missile mount on either side. The R.L.C.H.C. (I seriously need a better name for this) has limited carrying capability for storing the pilot's weapons.

In the year of 1991, the MB4 Assassin Artillery was produced and put in to service. Sleek, fast and deadly, the silently hovering MB4 Assassin is capable of precise long-ranged attacks that can leave even the strongest enemies in ruin, long before they ever get within range, thanks to its main gun, the "Hyper Cannon" (Something similar to a giant Gauss Cannon). The Assassin can also be employed as a direct-attack unit, making an exceptional anti-armor machine.

Often leaving mass destruction in its wake, the MB4 Purifier is sometimes referred to as the pinnacle of the E.C.A. Shock Branch. The Purifier is essentially an oversized mechanical infantry unit. Although there are numerous variants in service, most Purifiers now employ MkVI Hyper Cannons (Sort of like a Gauss Cannon). Purifiers are also frequently equipped with melee combat weapons for when the enemy gets too close.
The Purifier shown here wields a Hyper Cannon (right arm), prototype Plasma Projection system (secondary left arm attachment), and a large spiked drill-like melee weapon (main left arm attachment). This unit also has a micro missile pod (where the head would be if it was a human), dual small MGs (located on collarbone), a static kill system for neutralizing hostile projectiles, and a light shield generator.

Produced in 1977, the MB2 Light Flamer has been surprisingly effective in several fields of combat. It was originally designed for clearing garrisoned soldiers from structures, but has also succeeded in jungle warfare, urban street combat, and even in rural scenarios. This machine is capable of entering buildings and in some cases, even riding on other vehicles (For example, the jump seats of the Scorpion). Its main weapon (as you would probably have guessed) is a small flamethrower. Lastly, it has a static kill system for taking out missiles (The MB2 Flamer's use of the SKS results in immobility for the next turn as it taps into the vehicle's limited engine power).

The MB2 Mobile Beam Cannon, put in to service in 1981, was designed to serve as a long-ranged anti-material weapon. Although deadly if left alone, the MB2 M.B.C. lacks the armor necessary to take serious hits from enemy tanks.

The MB1 Guardian Beam Cannon (introduced in 1980) is one of the strongest defensive weapons currently employed. This turret is frequently deployed as an offensive weapon via drop pod, often making it very hard for enemy units to retaliate. The Guardian's main cannon is capable of hosing down waves of targets or focusing its fire on a single unit to deal intense damage. Additionally, it has a quad missile rack for taking down light aircraft, and a Tesla Kill System for taking out missiles, electrocuting nearby infantry, or frying enemy vehicles.

The Deployable Heavy Shield Generator(entered service 1985) has been used on several occasions where defending key assets was a vital objective. The D.H.S.G. forms a "bubble shield" around itself and anything that's close enough to it (current radius is 5"), creating adequate protection. However, the D.H.S.G. is only capable of sustaining the shield for 3 turns(and 4 turns to recharge), so officers must be smart about using it.

The MB4 Sentinel (1986) was created with heavy defense in mind. The Sentinel is fast and agile, and is equipped with a 6-barreled Artillery Cannon for short to mid-ranged bombardment, as well as a beam weapon for piercing light armor and infantry. The Sentinel is also highly capable of charge attacks geared towards mowing down infantry with its two large frontal blades. It also uses a Next Gen. Tesla Kill System for stunning infantry and taking out missiles. Lastly, it has a light shield generator.(Note, this unit was mainly made to bolster numbers. Although I needed a unit like this, I would have preferred making it with something other than Bionicle parts. Unfortunately, my resources were too limited for constructing such a thing, and thus, this thing was born as you see it now.)

Here are two of my primary infantry officers: the resourceful Conductor (rank equivalent of General) Juan Olsina (left) and the intelligent Xia Fahn Tei (right). Typically, Olsina employs mid to long-ranged support weaponry while Xia sticks to a beam rifle of his own design.

A trio of E.C.A. Shock Troopers is shown above. The Shock Troopers are known for heavy armor, high mobility, nearly unmatched combat capability in the Cour-Dhiou. The one on the left holds a T9 Anti Tank Rifle (must deploy to fire due to extreme recoil), the guy in the center is wielding a dual shoulder-mounted MG rig capable of taking on light armor, and the trooper to the right has a quad-barreled machine gun(if not deployed, is essentially less accurate).
Dual MG Shock Trooper coming out of a drop pod.

After several years of a prototype stage, the Annihilator MkI finally entered limited service by the year 1999, just in time to face the threat of the Azshuran Empire as an intense cold war loomed in the air. The Annihilator is a massive, four-legged, plasma-breathing behemoth capable of being deployed from an E.C.A. Orbital Armory right in to the battlefield. The Annihilator can emit an EMP blast, temporarily disabling nearby mechanical units, both friend and foe. This unit also has a very powerful plasma beam weapon for obliterating hostile units, whether armored or not (not insta-kill, but still considerably powerful). Secondary weapons consist of two medium Rapid Fire Plasma Beam cannons mounted on the sides of the main gun, and a rear-mounted Plasma Projection System for torching aircraft and pretty much anything else in range. The Annihilator is additionally equipped with two Next Gen. Tesla Kill Systems for frying infantry, light armor, and missiles that get close. Basically, this is the pinnacle of the E.C.A. military. (Notes: This unit is the "Monolith Class" unit for the E.C.A. It is extremely expensive to put on the field, and due to its seemingly noobish/overpowered nature, I don’t like to deploy it. The main exceptions are for highly large-scale combat against the Azshurans (seriously, have you seen that army? IT'S HUGE!) and sometimes against the Galnonian Empire (They have multiple tanks the size of Apollyon's Vindicator!))

Group shot of several E.C.A. assets, some of which weren't included earlier in the post.

So, that's the bulk of the E.C.A. so far. What do you think? For better or worse, I'd like to hear your feedback! But please, if you desire to shred my army, I ask that it is done in a constructive manner (not that I have ever seen rudeness on this forum, but still).

P.S. - I have not really done much of anything with these guys for 4+ years, and several designs are based on stuff I had over 9 years ago (Nostalgia baby!), so I'm well aware that some of this stuff is garbage. Also, the tank at the top of the post I had since I was four years old, so I keep it in the army for sentimental purposes, I suppose.
Last edited by Captain26618 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Re: The E.C.A. (most of it, anyway)

Post by Maverick » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:50 am

I really like this army. Nice veichles, Nice mechs. It would be epic if everything used the same colorscheme. The infantry is a bit boring, but overall it's a great army. :tiger:

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 am

wasnt that tank thing mega bloks or something? i don't know im no expert in the art of niggablukes

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 am

motorhead fan wrote:wasnt that tank thing mega bloks or something? i don't know im no expert in the art of niggablukes
I was thinking that as well. Cloanbrands! :fist:

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

I really like this army. Nice vehicles, Nice mechs. It would be epic if everything used the same color scheme. The infantry is a bit boring, but overall it's a great army. :tiger:
Thanks. I plan on doing some more stuff with my army before long, but for now, I'm just working on getting more bricks to work with. I didn't even realize that I left out the air units. I'll get to posting that shortly.

About the tank at the top of the post, I just learned a few days ago that it was made in 1998 by a company called DSI Toys, and the package was called "Blockmen Military Building System". Although I ultimately prefer the quality of Lego products over most clone companies, I like to simply go with the Toybox Rules (If you have it, use it!). I mean, if the product isn't completely crappy and maddening, why not? Also, here's a link to a site that shows some of the clone companies out there My Clone Bricks .

Also, about the infantry, I didn't even really have a uniform foot soldier until a few years ago when my opponent felt sorry for me and gave me a few of his unused rebel infantry. Heck, I had four guns for about 22 random civilian minifigs, so I had to equip them with bombs and sent em in as suicide infantry!

Oh, and for color schemes, I originally wanted to go with a blue primary, black/gray+white secondary, and an army green accent color.
After a while though, I decided to start incorporating a red primary for the Shock Branch, but I ran out of red stuff and had to go back to blue for some of the units(for example, the blue Stinger tank at the back-right part of the group image). If I acquire more stuff to work with, I'll most likely improve the color schemes to make them more uniform.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 am

I see that E.C.A. is a planatery government. don't you have any any space program?

Maverick
OLIOLIOOOOO
OLIOLIOOOOO

Post by Maverick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:18 am

Kaplan wrote:I see that E.C.A. is a planatery government. don't you have any any space program?
I was thinking that too. You just need some space jets, and BAM you've got a galaxy or two.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 pm

I have the exact same shark-print slopes. They're awesome.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Maverick wrote:
Kaplan wrote:I see that E.C.A. is a planatery government. don't you have any any space program?
I was thinking that too. You just need some space jets, and BAM you've got a galaxy or two.
The E.C.A. does indeed have a space program, but it's mainly for space surveillance, orbital military support and mining expeditions harvesting raw materials from nearby asteroids and other space bodies. The world of Akloria has been so focused on a worldwide war that space programs for all factions have been pretty limited. I actually used to have a playable space branch, but over time I decommissioned it so then I could build more practical machines. I currently have only one space-capable craft left. I think that I still have a couple pictures somewhere, so if I find them, I'll be sure to post em.

Now with the close of the 31st Warring Nations Period, I think that I will start working on space assets again. Who knows, the ECA might become somewhat powerful in time.
Silent-sigfig wrote:I have the exact same shark-print slopes. Their awesome.
I know right? I freaking love those things. I also have a light blue fin piece with that print on it. I've been trying to find out what set they come with for years, but I never found it.
Last edited by Captain26618 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 am

You appear to have a guy who is basically Ferdinand Von Brag, complete with ridiculous rifle, so, pretty good, besides all the cloan stuff.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Captain26618 wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote:I have the exact same shark-print slopes. They're awesome.
I know right? I freaking love those things. I also have a light blue fin piece with that print on it. I've been trying to find out what set they come with for years, but I never found it.
Island Xtreme sets. They're from around 2001 I think.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Captain26618
Champion
Champion

Post by Captain26618 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:07 pm

loafofcheese wrote:You appear to have a guy who is basically Ferdinand Von Brag, complete with ridiculous rifle, so, pretty good, besides all the cloan stuff.
I just looked that guy up, and he's freaking awesome.

Anyway, I have an update for this thread. Air units, more details for the infantry, and a couple of other things.

First introduced in the year 1978 (1983 model shown here), the Spirit Dive Bomber has served effectively in numerous offensive operations. The Spirit excels when it comes to eliminating hostile defenses, making it a favorite for many E.C.A. commanders on the front lines. This unit can also engage in aerial combat and strafe runs with its two side-mounted auto cannons. The Spirit Dive bomber has three Static Kill Systems (two in the back and one in front) for taking out hostile incoming missiles, and at close enough range, disrupting enemy aircraft (movement speed of affected aircraft reduced by 1/3 for one turn).

The Interceptor (model 1989 MkIII shown here) is a fast, agile and slim (two blocks thick) boomerang-shaped aircraft capable of dodging and quick turns, rendering it as a difficult target in open air combat. On top of that, it comes equipped with two rear-mounted Static Kill Systems for added defense against missiles and similar projectiles. The Interceptor is relatively cheap to produce (compared to some Azshuran and Galnonian aircraft, at least.), so the E.C.A. is capable of fielding large quantities of these units in a single battle if needed. The main drawback of this machine is its limited firepower with just two light rapid-fire Plasma Cannons. It can take a long time for this unit to take apart more heavily armored aircraft. Lastly, the Interceptor is one of the only E.C.A. air units capable of space travel and combat.

This is the Vertigo Heavy Aerial Assault Vehicle MkVI (model 1987-c shown here). This stealth aircraft can serve as a heavy bomber, going at extremely high speeds, or take on a gunship role, hovering at a high altitude while firing off an array of large auto cannons and guided missiles. The Vertigo is highly capable of extensive space operations, so it is often used to take out enemy satellites and other orbital assets. This unit, at times, doesn't even need to use its weapons to do damage, as it can perform a very low-altitude flyby, causing the ground the shake and a deafening roar, temporarily stunning most infantry and even certain vehicle operators (infantry, both friend and foe) movement reduced by 4/5 and skill reduced by 5 for 1 turn). The Vertigo MkVI's gunship loadout is typically comprised of 4 Auto Cannons, 6 Medium HE Guided Missiles, 2 Large Devastator Missiles (for eliminating structures and heavy armor), 1 Medium Vipareite Paruine Bomb (yeah, some E.C.A. assets have unusual names.), 3 Top-mounded Medium Triple-barreled MGs, 8 Static Kill Systems to ensure maximum survivability against hostile missiles, 2 Light Hyper Cannons (comparable to gauss cannons), and one Active Stealth Generator (bends light around the aircraft for appear mostly invisible). This unit is extremely expensive to field as a regular unit, so it is often called upon as a support power in large-scale battles.

Since the beginning of the E.C.A., the training and deployment of specialized infantry for risky offensive operations has been a must. Today, the E.C.A. Commando is a highly mobile, moderately armed individual who can carry out what few normal foot soldiers can. The CQC Commando (1971 Standard) shown here is equipped with a jump jet system and dual SMGs for infiltration and wreaking havoc on hostile infantry and supply lines. Commandos are highly trained with a wide variety of weaponry and vehicles, so at times, these troopers can hijack/commandeer equipment and machines to use against the enemy.

The E.C.A. sometimes deploys lines of shield infantry to advance through the battlefield and allow more vulnerable units to take cover behind them. The Shield Infantry are slower than most other foot soldiers, but their armor bonus more than compensates.

The Eastern Continent has understood the value of fire-based weapons for centuries, long before the E.C.A. was established. Utilizing non-explosive chemical flamethrowers, today's squads of E.C.A. Flame Troopers often spearhead the charge when it comes to taking out hostile encampments. These troopers have cost the Galnonian Empire countless lives throughout the 31st Warring Nations Period. Even the powerful Azshurans know to be careful when dealing with these guys.

Since 1975, just a year after the Azshurans first came to Akloria, the E.C.A. has been working on specialized units who can go head to head with the aliens. This project later became a military branch of its own, known commonly as the Shock Branch. This branch is geared toward high mobility, armor, and firepower. The Shock Infantry are said to be the best in the entire E.C.A.. Many Shock Troopers, like the one shown here, carry Quad LMGs for heavy support. Shock Troopers can use these massive guns like assault rifles, or deploy them for increased accuracy.

Some Shock Troopers wield shoulder MG Rigs. These rigs are useful due to their ability to take on light armor and some base defenses. If needed, the Shock Trooper can ditch the rig and equip his/her backpack weapons.

When the stakes are high, the Shock Trooper Elites are called in to the fight. These are some of the best of the best. They wear heavy semi-powered armor, and are masters of pretty much every E.C.A. weapon out there. The one shown here wields the devastating ATR-6, which is capable of disrupting armored vehicles and tearing through multiple infantry units. This rifle has a rather limited ammo capacity, so unless the Shock Trooper has extra magazines nearby, he/she will have to switch to another weapon.

E.C.A. Light Deployable Shield Generator. This device is frequently deployed by Shock Troopers as a fallback point if they must retreat. Unlike its larger "bubble shield" cousin, this device can sustain itself indefinitely until enough hostile fire penetrates it (which isn't really that much). Once the shield is broken, it takes 3 turns to recharge and reactivate.

Xia Fahn Tei, a man who comes from an old military family, now serves under Juan Olsina as an advisor and battlefield officer. He wields a beam weapon weapon that he constructed himself called the Scorpion Rifle. Xia is highly skilled with mechanical engineering and vehicle operation, making him an exceptional mechanic/pilot when he need to be. Passed through his family, he keeps a powerful artifact from an ancient civilization around his neck, giving him some superhuman qualities. Basically, you don't want to screw with this guy!

When it comes to single shots, the Type-2 Infantry Portable Hyper Cannon is the most powerful infantry weapon in the E.C.A. It is long ranged, capable of piercing armor before the enemy gets in range. This thing is heavy, however. Even when disassembled, it drastically cuts infantry move speed, even for Shock Troopers. Ammunition is pretty limited, with only two shots before having to reload. Nonetheless, this weapon has been deployed effectively against the Galnonian Empire in many battles leading up to their defeat.

The Battlefield Command Uplink Terminal (Model 3 shown here) is a deployable asset used by many E.C.A. commanders for communicating with other officers and the High Command. The BCUT can be used for calling in support powers and reinforcements at times, as well. In the first Azshuran-E.C.A. battles, the aliens hacked in to several BCUT systems and gave the High Command false battlefield data, making the E.C.A. military, for the most part, think that nothing was even wrong! Since then, the BCUT systems have been upgraded with countermeasures for defending against hack attempts (still not as advanced as Azshuran cyber tech, though).

Shortly after the beginning of the 31st Warring Nations Period in 1966, the E.C.A. looked in to ways of delivering explosive payloads from a vast distance for intercontinental warfare. By around 1972, the first effective ICBMs were developed. in 1974, the Azshurans put the E.C.A. tech to shame, thus pushing E.C.A. engineers to further develop their missile technology. By 1982, the Multiple-delivery Intercontinental Stealth Missile was created. This is a stealthed ballistic missile containing 12 Vipareite warheads, each capable of being aimed to hit one of a group of targets. These MDISMs remain cloaked until the warheads disperse.

Image of E.C.A. ATR-6. Optimal at mid to long range; high rifle power, single fire, limited ammunition.

Image of standard issue E.C.A. T-3 Marksman Rifles. Optimal at mid range; moderate rifle power, burst fire/single fire.

Image of standard issue E.C.A. T-4 Sub Machine Guns. Optimal at close range; decent firepower, fully automatic/burst fire.

idk, random group shot.
Last edited by Captain26618 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: The Aklorian E.C.A. (most of it, anyway) Updated

Post by samuelzz10 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:57 pm

I like the light flamer.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 am

1. Color scheme could be a bit less :j+b: -ish, but otherwise fine. My favorites are the Hoverbikes, and the Beam cannon. The color scheme of the Hoverbike is pleasent.

2. With this thread, I am now all caught up after my 2 month leave...at least in the Armory sub. Next, FORUM BATTLES! Or maybe Soap Opera...eh, we'll see.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:16 pm

Captain26618 wrote:(not that I have ever seen rudeness on this forum, but still)
Uh oh. If that wasn't a joke then you're in for a bad surprise. You're probably thinking of a different forum.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?