As promised here are better pictures of the SPECTRE:
Closeup of the laser shotgun.
And the mecha sized Nova Sword.
I am pleased with how the head turned out. I started out with the intention to use the double/inverted 2x slope piece.
The neck with the hinge is protected by that weird black scoop(?) piece that i never found useful before:
The chest armor can be opened to get access to the pilot.
Thrusters on the backpack.
As you can see here i have cheated a bit for the purpose of posing and the taking of pictures. The blue brick
holds the arm in position because the weight of the laser shotgun is way too much for the technic pin that connets
the upper arm to the shoulder. I tried to put little pieces of paper between pins and bricks to increase friction. This
works ok on the arm holding the Nova Sword but not at all on the right arm. Any tips on that?
Lack of friction is a problem in the leg joints as well. All are built using this pin
connecting three technic beams. I worked well enough when this mech was still just a frame (see OP) but finished body, head and arms
add so much weight that there is basically just the one pose you can see in the pictures in which the legs hold the weight.
I haven't tried the paper trick on the leg joints yet because the hips will be a pain in the ass to take apart. But that is where
the point of balance is.
In its current state the model is hardly playable which is a shame.
alphafalcon541 wrote:I hope you don't mind some critiquing but there is a couple of things that I would change.
To me the legs just don't look right, I would love to see some more articulation in them and the arms.
Also if you could break the color up a little right now its just to red, maybe throwing in a little black, possibly a digital camo pattern.
I don't mind criticizm at all.
I see no way though to add more articulation in the arms and legs without adding either ball joints or more bulky technic solutions.
Somewhat articulated hands are more realistik to add but that will increase arm weight again.
The mech was almost finished by the end of the year and nearly everyone that saw it on our New Year's Eve party suggested the same
like you, add more colours. While i like the fiery bloodred look of the SPECTRE i can understand that. Making the shoulder section
black would be easy but i do not have enough black slope pieces. Colour coordination is an area where i still have to learn a lot.
Most of my larger mocs are quite monochrome.