High capacity drop pod

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: High capacity drop pod

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:13 am

I became booty bothered a while back - let me lay the example down for you.

Imagine you are late for a party, everyone is drinking and having fun and you walk into the room at the end of a song you really fucking love and proclaim it to the room. Now instead of getting a drink and chilling out with everyone else - you barge the guy with the playlist outta the way and start taking over the music with stuff you like because you liked the track that just ended. It turns out that no one else likes the same stuff you do but isn't saying anything as the mood turns sour and everyone stopped drinking, you are now "that guy" and you haven't figured it out yet while everyone shoots you death glares across the room and you are still busy getting your jive on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Now apply this to every single time you post LDD in someone else's thread, regardless of topic and subject matter. I actually like some of your stuff dude, and I think that other stuff needs work - but I don't see that because all I can see when I log in is "white eagle sperging all over the place again".

Now I implore you, post some kind of central codex or archive in LDD, get it all in one place and build it over time, if It's a communal thread like the dreadnaught index or someone asking for work to be done for them (as an example, silver asked for Bavarian ships in the LDD forum) then go right ahead and post your stuff, but don't just throw it out in every thread in every forum that happens to remind you of something you built, if you absolutely must then stick it in a spoiler box so those of us who have seen it seven times before can read the words you are actually posting instead of seeing another LDD spampost and ignoring any actual content you post off hand because it's you.

Make sense now?

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:21 am

Well I'm sorry it's easier for me to post an LDD model I had on hand that relates to my point than to spend an hour building the model and taking a picture of it...

It's not like I sperged the Tank Tractor or the other Pain Train Car.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Zupponn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:26 am

He's not pissed because you posted in LDD. That's what Scythe works in all the time. He's pissed because you just randomly posted your shit in someone else's thread.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:27 am

As a matter of note, if you are anything like myself your LDD archive must be at least a coupled hundred files by now?

I don't much care when or how you do it, but for your own sanity as much as everyone else's start uploading it and put an archive post with pictures in the LDD forum, at least that way you have a single thread to return to for image url codes when you repost rather than having to search through your pictures folder and reupload every single time.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:34 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:I don't much care when or how you do it, but for your own sanity as much as everyone else's start uploading it and put an archive post with pictures in the LDD forum, at least that way you have a single thread to return to for image url codes when you repost rather than having to search through your pictures folder and reupload every single time.

Actually I just use Photobucket for Image URL codes...

But I'll make another LDD Doodle thread if you want.
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Zahru II » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:51 pm

I gotta agree with Scythe on this one - let's try and respect eachother's creations by not hijacking their threads with different content. I think linking to a relevant thread/post in a reply is fine though.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby morganm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm

... good start. Post more on it's progress.

Tighten up your color scheme.
Too blocksy; give it some style.
Needs more dakka.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby morganm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Jeez am I the only one that thought he was just posting a legit example of something similar that's very blocksy? I thought it was rather fitting and could lend some ideas to the original poster like using a color scheme. Perhaps there's more history behind all this that I'm missing now that I read Scythe's elongated response.

Perhaps a link to an image would have been more appropriate?

Mr. conjoined E... that there is funny. Crack'n wise at Wideeagle's name never gets old =)
morganm
Dimmy

Postby Whiteagle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:38 pm

morganm wrote:Tighten up your color scheme.
Needs more dakka.

Well like he said, if he builds out the ramp-sides, they won't fold down enough for disembarking...
He's also thinking about going Whirlwind drop pod style and adding weapons to the interior, which would probably be a good addition to the upper deck.
I do agree with tightening up the color scheme though, mostly how those red decals clash with the blue structure bits.

morganm wrote:Jeez am I the only one that thought he was just posting a legit example of something similar that's very blocksy? I thought it was rather fitting and could lend some ideas to the original poster like using a color scheme. Perhaps there's more history behind all this that I'm missing now that I read Scythe's elongated response.

I don't know, apparently people are sick of me posting my LDD doodles everywhere...
Like I said before, it's not like I posted the entire Tank-Train...
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby BFenix » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:
Tzan wrote:Reminds me of a coffee commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFURd_EOIuU

I had no idea coffee was that :666:.

Black coffee, dude.

It's cool that it can still provide an obstacle or cover after the troops are deployed.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Battlegrinder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:03 pm

BFenix wrote:
It's cool that it can still provide an obstacle or cover after the troops are deployed.

The early versions had some folding panels on the doors, so that once the pod landed, it could act as small firebase. I eventually scrapped that one because the ODSTs weren't effective when they were pinned in place trying to defend the pod, especially since the scatter rolls for deploying it made getting it into a good position difficult.

Whiteagle wrote:
morganm wrote:Tighten up your color scheme.
Needs more dakka.

Well like he said, if he builds out the ramp-sides, they won't fold down enough for disembarking...
He's also thinking about going Whirlwind drop pod style and adding weapons to the interior, which would probably be a good addition to the upper deck.
I do agree with tightening up the color scheme though, mostly how those red decals clash with the blue structure bits.

I'll see what I can do about the decals (its not like I was going to be rebuilding the sets they can from anyway). I'll also be adding some greebling onto the side panels, to break up the pod's outline a little bit. I'm also going to try and tweak the design for the legs a little bit to make the pod stand a little bit taller, so the doors won't be as flat when they're open.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Battlegrinder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

Ok, the new version is finished. I've adjusted the color scheme and added in some greeble, along with tweaking the pod's landing gear.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:52 am

I'm not sure about the greeble on the side. Wouldn't that stuff just burn up on re-entry? I like the top, and I think you should concentrate most of your detailing there.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Battlegrinder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Theblackdog wrote:I'm not sure about the greeble on the side. Wouldn't that stuff just burn up on re-entry? I like the top, and I think you should concentrate most of your detailing there.

I tried to do some work on the top, but there simply wasn't room for much detail work up there, while the sides provided a much larger canvas to work with.

Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby lawmaster » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Theblackdog wrote:I'm not sure about the greeble on the side. Wouldn't that stuff just burn up on re-entry? I like the top, and I think you should concentrate most of your detailing there.

:sbr:
I really like how this one looks, what does the inside look like though?
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury