Hyperion Tank [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.5]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Hyperion Tank [M:Throne Empire Series Ep.5]

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:05 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:By the way, am I the only one who thinks the control room is cooler than the tank itself?
I'm more impressed with the sliding cargo bay...
Those missiles don't seem to take up much space, so I'm wondering if they couldn't be swapped out for some kind of VTOL Attack or Transport Craft.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Kaplan wrote:Unfortunately there is no interior inside the turret. It is almost full with bricks to counterweight the barrels.
Maybe look into weighted bricks to fix this issue?

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:18 am

The main cargo space could be used for diffeent purposes ofcourse. The interior is actually quite large it can containg at least 2-3 sparrow fighters that I have shared before:

I will give it a try to solve the weight problem of the barrels and make an interior inside the turret when I have time.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:24 am

Kaplan wrote:The main cargo space could be used for diffeent purposes ofcourse. The interior is actually quite large it can containg at least 2-3 sparrow fighters that I have shared before:
You could also opt to store a large swarm of very small drone fighters into the cargo, which could fly out and do shenanigans. Kinda similar to one of those carrier ships from Red Alert 2, which attacked using little planes.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 am

@DeltaV

Swarm Drones are also a good idea. Thank You.

Comparing all other ideas with "OT Nuclear Missiles", I think that the OT Nuclear Missile are the deadliest weapon that a armored ground weapon can carry.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:02 am

I say make it a tankshitting tank, but hey, who am I to tell someone with a 30" tank to do?

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Theblackdog wrote:I say make it a tankshitting tank, but hey, who am I to tell someone with a 30" tank to do?
That was actually my initial idea. But obviously there is no big advantage of putting smaller tanks inside bigger one.
Maybe higher armor rating would protect the smaller tanks inside but brikwars is supposed to be about destuction and not protection right?

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Kaplan wrote:
Theblackdog wrote:I say make it a tankshitting tank, but hey, who am I to tell someone with a 30" tank to do?
That was actually my initial idea. But obviously there is no big advantage of putting smaller tanks inside bigger one.
Maybe higher armor rating would protect the smaller tanks inside but brikwars is supposed to be about destuction and not protection right?
More tanks means for firepower, that means more stuff blown up

Itxi
Hero

Post by Itxi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Kaplan wrote:
It's like a flying aircraft carrier; dumb as hell but also very, very cool.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:23 pm

Itxi wrote:
Kaplan wrote:
It's like a flying aircraft carrier; dumb as hell but also very, very cool.
I remember Protos carriers from star craft. It is cooler if you can build additional aircraft inside the carrier.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Has there ever been a SHDT vs SHDT battle? I've only seem them pitted against smaller conventional forces, on the one or two occasions that I can recall a SHDT seeing action.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:Has there ever been a SHDT vs SHDT battle? I've only seem them pitted against smaller conventional forces, on the one or two occasions that I can recall a SHDT seeing action.
Operation Silver Bullet, prematurely terminated five turns in due to a mysterious force called an "Asian mother".

In case anybody's wondering, silva's NY thread killed my photobucket bandwidth for the next 1-2 weeks, so I've started using imgur in the meantime.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Digging Up the Past featured the (now defunct) T.L.A. B.A.L.L.S. vs. the Britannian Conqueror-class Landship. Unfortunately, the B.A.L.L.S. got destroyed in one round when the Conqueror focused all four of its main cannons on it for 12D10 damage... and the same thing happened again in one of my solo battles, derp.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Theblackdog wrote:Image
Digging Up the Past featured the (now defunct) T.L.A. B.A.L.L.S. vs. the Britannian Conqueror-class Landship. Unfortunately, the B.A.L.L.S. got destroyed in one round when the Conqueror focused all four of its main cannons on it for 12D10 damage... and the same thing happened again in one of my solo battles, derp.
I kinda suspected that most SHDTs could dish out a lot more than they could take. Guess there's a reason most people only pit them against lesser foes.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:32 pm

To be fair, I was using Structure Damage = Damage-Armor roll instead of the Damage/armor roll used in the official rules. That's always seemed to result in small vehicles being able to take 2-3 tank rounds before dying. The 2010 rulebook seems to advise inflicting component damage, which strikes me as even more complex.