Police State of Venice OVERHAUL 2014

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Police State of Venice OVERHAUL 2014

Postby Scratch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:18 pm

I've been doing some serious work over this week on my faction, and this is what came out of it.

The entirity of the Venetian army.

Il Doge rules the nation with an iron fist. His right and left hand men will be explained later.

First, the army has been updated and expanded, the infantry now numbers at a solid 50.

Armed with new standard SMGs and a cool space helmet, they are professional and deadly.

Each ten men has an officer attached, pictured here are 3 Sergents, a Liutenent, and a Commander.

The Riot squad, called "The Brick wall" for their stubborness and slowness of movement, are perfect for chokepoints and covering backwards-advances.

General Carver commands this branch of the military.

Here we have the second branch, the Office of Unspecified Services, comprising most of the special forces and secret police of Venice.

The fire snipers have their outrageous color scheme because they use a special type of cover, they snipe from within raging infernos. One carries a flamethrower to provide their brand of cover. Another strange tactical choice by the Tactics Department.

These guys are various security officers and an aerial combat soldier.

Why would a peach be part of Venice's Office of Unspecified Services? Well, watch this.

*Crack*

That peach is a spy!

Used to infiltrate the Peach Pirate Armadas that flow through the Adriatic systems, the Tactics department developed this peach-skin suit, we're not sure where they got the material, but it's accurate enough to fool most peaches.

Another idea by the Tactics Department, this "Psychological Warfare Mascot" is armed to the teeth and braces with weapons, it has a flamethrower and a HMG in it's external arms, with a further bayonette-armed pistol and some really loud bagpipes to intimidate the enemy. On it's back it has some hussar-style fake wings and a jetpack-rocket combination.

Il Duchessa leads the O.U.S. and acts as a sortof Prime Minister to Il Doge's President.

The Aerospace Division maintains Venice's SHIP and associated fighters.

The Space Commando squad (names and swords pending) are used in SHIP to SHIP combat.

SHIP security, they protect the Elodin from the counterparts to the Space Commandos.

The Space Detectives are the elite of the Venetian State, trained from birth to be hard-boiled and be suave jacks-of-all-trades, they pilot the Titan-class SHIPs, OTC weilding fig is another elite Space Commando, who uses his gethpack and OTC to chop guns off of other ships.

The Commander of the Aerospace Division is Our Lady of Justice, a brillient admiral, she personally trains the Space Detectives and commandos in their trade.

Next we have the Ground Sector, which comprises of all ground vehicles and their operators.

The official "Warfare Mascot" of Venice, a adolescent DSM who's cryo-pod froze his face into a permanent grimace, he pilots this sweet command hover-bike.

These Jaguar Armored cars used to have mechs that acted as turrets, but a battle resulted in the dismemberment and subsequent loss of most of their parts. Eventually the Jags will get their own turrets.

This Hover-Gondola is the main transport for soldiers when on Venice Proper.

Although it is hard to see from this angle, it has a cannon on the opposite side of the craft.

Off-planet, the main transport for squads are these trucks, very hardy, but lightly armed.

Scouting is done via these Machine-gun ATVs, the loud noise of a machine gun both distracts and misleads the enemy.

Mr. Bellamy leads both this Sector and the Wisdom Cabal, an elite think-tank organization that is responcible for almost all of Venice's tech, from the Hover-bikes to the Elodin.

Mobfather Scratch runs the International Space Mafia, one of the Brikverse's primere crime syndicates. The taxes on it's "Profit" provide a significant percentage of Venice's national GDP. (The Space Mafia will get it's own faction thread soon)

Behind him is the flagship of the Venetian fleet, The Elodin, a SHIP of massive capacity. As this thread already has too many pictures, the Elodin will get its own thread shortly.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Police State of Venice OVERHAUL 2014

Postby loafofcheese » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Now that's a proper military, interestingly, i'm off to the real venice next week
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Nice TRIPS

Postby Silverdream » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Cool shit. You seem to have a well-balanced and varied force, and I have trouble deciding if your vehicles or your minifigs are better designed.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Coriolanus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:30 pm

I'm impressed. 50 FAMAS and 50 ShockTrooper helmets must have set you back a bit.

I like the specialty troops to and the fire snipers are genius. 8)

My only thought is Mr. Bellamy's helmet looks kind of plain, especially next to the specialty helmets everyone else has.
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:35-36
Coriolanus
Hero

Postby BFenix » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Coriolanus wrote:50 FAMAS

Those mimic the Steyr AUG, not the FAMAS.

Dude. Peach Spy is probably one of the coolest things I've seen as of late. Awesome idea.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Coriolanus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:04 pm

BFenix wrote:

Agggh! You're right. I knew I should have taken a nap today. :cry:
"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?" Mark 8:35-36
Coriolanus
Hero

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Fucking Amazing.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Theblackdog » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 pm

I love these guys, especially the bagpipe-jetpack-flamethrower-HMG soldier and the Fire Snipers. Your new grunts look great too. I'm seriously looking forward to all those other threads you promised...
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zupponn » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:53 am

Cool stuff here.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby BFenix » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 am

Coriolanus wrote:
BFenix wrote:

Agggh! You're right. I knew I should have taken a nap today. :cry:

Bullpup for a bullpup, you're forgiven :P
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:10 pm

It saddens me to wpsee you removed a couple of really cool units, including the black watch, secret police and the heavy suppresors
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Bragallot » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:13 am

Awesome stuff.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby piltogg » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:37 am

Wow! that's quite a large army and really nicely done! Impressive work.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Scratch » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Thanks everyone!
While I think that the infantry is already fully expanded, I'm going to be expanding the OUS and my Aerospace division with more specialized troopers when I have the time/funds. But before that gets and more attention, the Space Mafia needs a thread. Bellamy could probably use a new helmet, but over the 3 or so years he's been a character, the helmet's been the only feature that's stayed the same. I'll probably give him a fancy visor or something.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Kaplan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 am

Great new additions but The best figure is still the ruler Il Doge. The armor-crown combination is awesome. Maybe you should change the visor. It looks like that The police sticker is not sticked properly.

Army picture and the forum link is updated in "Gallery/List of Armies":
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11143&p=255492#p255492
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Next

Return to The Armoury