Squidhead Light Frigate: Rial

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Squidhead Light Frigate: Rial

Postby Swordsalmon » Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Squidhead Dominion fleets are typically headed by a cruiser such as the Morlock, yet the strength of one SHIP is not enough to subjugate a planet. Battlegroups are made up of light frigates, such as the Rial. This warship is the smallest class capable of independent action, but typically serves as an able combatant in the fleet.

Front and side views of the Rial. At over 40 studs long and equipped with four forward-facing cannons, she is a fearsome adversary.

Side with its name.

View of its dual-linked axial cannon.

The ship has a crew of five. It's commanded by a Squid Knight, a low ranking noble in the Dominion. Three Squidheads and a Droid consist of the staff.

Interior view. Ideally, the Rial will have three crewmen at service; the pilot, gunner, and commander. Due to the small crew, the Rial has unique integration with the Droid. If necessary, the Droid can be connected to the ship's mainframe, enabling it to control most aspects of the ship (Though not nearly as effectively as the crew) or assist in tasks.

Though this ship is too small to carry strikecraft, it does carry small drones. Essentially flying explosive charges, these drones are usually deployed to cripple larger warship's engines or various systems, allowing the Rial or other ships to deal greater damage.

Eventually, I plan to create at least a second ship. I'm right now upgrading the Morlock and creating dedicated starfighters, so there'll eventually be a nice size comparison.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Re: Squidhead Light Frigate: Rial

Postby Insert_blank » Thu May 15, 2014 8:37 pm

I'd have to say your work is Rial-ly good.
月にかわってお仕置きよ!
月の光は愛のメセジ
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder

Postby Theblackdog » Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 pm

I like the basic shape and the drones, but the gun turret seems like it should be a bit more bulky.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Colette » Thu May 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Decent large-scale spaceships are hard to come by these days- this, the Elodin, and the one in Bricksyd's BrikwaRPG are the only ones in recent memory. Good job.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Scratch » Thu May 15, 2014 9:46 pm

She's got some real good curves to her, and I've always had a soft spot for Squidheads, Great job!
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Dimmy

Postby Kaplan » Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 am

The ship look great with compact shape and colors but you need better minifigure design. The minifigs are too colorful.
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Insert_blank wrote:I'd have to say your work is R'yleh good.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Swordsalmon » Sun May 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks for the comments. I do plan to replace the axial cannons with something larger, but I just haven't figured out what to put in yet. And Kaplan, do you have any suggestions to improve the minifigure design? Some of it can't be helped, with most Squidheads being lime and all.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Postby Kaplan » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 am

Swordsalmon wrote:Thanks for the comments. I do plan to replace the axial cannons with something larger, but I just haven't figured out what to put in yet. And Kaplan, do you have any suggestions to improve the minifigure design? Some of it can't be helped, with most Squidheads being lime and all.

You can change the green legs with black color. Green legs don't fit with anything you built. Secondly you can change the epaulette with a gold one and also you can give the captain a (custom) cape.
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby Swordsalmon » Mon May 19, 2014 5:56 pm

Okay, thanks. :) I was originally using green legs because I have a massive excess of them, but I might have enough black legs to change them out. I don't have gold epaulettes nor the expertise to create a custom cape, but I'll look into those changes.
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Postby Swordsalmon » Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 pm

The Morlock is undergoing extensive restructuring. The Squidhead Dominion strikes!
Swordsalmon
Dimmy

Postby Kalvinator » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:58 am

I'm confused. The Rial is awesome and all, very nice build. However I'm currently building a planetary troop transport...plane...I guess, and it bigger than this.
Should I make it smaller? Should I add stuff to try to make it something worth the space?
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Return to The Armoury