The Squidhead Dominion and Morlock Upgrade

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

The Squidhead Dominion and Morlock Upgrade

Post by Swordsalmon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:17 pm

So, I've finally converted the Morlock into a full-fledged SHIP. Besides that, tl;dr story fluff time!

The Squidhead Dominion - A vast empire consisting of a galaxy distant in the Brikverse. Originally native to the oceanic planet Seeworld, the Squidheads quickly established control over their singular planet and expanded rapidly across their galaxy. A species of narcissists, all Squidheads suffer from delusions of grandeur. As a result, Squidhead society is hyper-competitive and incredibly hateful towards other species and themselves. Squidhead dominated planets reap the bounty of grand interstellar trade, as the cost of loss of autonomy.

Despite the vastness of the Dominion, the Squidheads are a divisive minifig lot. Squidhead society is set up in a feudal way. The minor nobles; the Squid Knights, will claim a warship (Such as the Rial as their fief. They are in turn subordinate to a Squid Baron, who commands a powerful warship (Such as the Morlock) and leads a fleet. Using these assets, a Squid Baron will often dominate and administrate a planetary body, claiming it for the Dominion. The Squid Barons in turn serve a powerful Squid Overlord, who resides in a massive Squid Station. A structure of enormous power and arrogance, Squid Stations are used as homes for most Squidheads and to oversee entire star systems. Overlords and Barons are constantly fighting other fiefdoms while they're not subjugating the local species; a Baron might break off his fleet and jump into unknown systems or attack a rival's planet at a moment's notice.

Instead of colonizing worlds, prospective Squid Barons will compel insurgencies or otherwise dominate a planet, ruling from orbit. Its citizens tend to assimilate into Squidhead society as second-class citizens. Due to the sheer amount of Byzantine scheming Squidheads conduct on one-another, they rarely have much time to deal with their underlings. Rather ironically, these subjugated species tend to be better off in the dominion than the actual Squidheads.

Races Subjugated by the Squidhead Dominion (Examples) - Warewolves, Bedouin Space Orcs, Skeetermen, Patrackians

Relations with the Galaxy - As a foreign species, the Squidheads have had little contact with standards minifigs. In the great wars of antiquity, some Squidheads found themselves in this galaxy, where they were often oppressed by the authoritarian Space Police. In G.R 2009, one subject was found in the criminal underground. Oddly enough, his claims as "King of the Squidheads" was a delusion shared by many of his contemporaries. Now, sphincter fleets of the Squidhead Dominion have stumbled into the Galaxy, ready to expand their ancient and fracturing empire...

With that out of the way, let's look at the updated Morlock! At 105 studs long, she is classified as a SHIP now.

Equipped with four beam projectors and two cannons, this vessel is adept at taking on numerous enemies or training its beams on a singular target.

Its most powerful weapon is the Amplified Beam Projector, a concentrated beam that pulses through enemy shields, causing extensive damage.

The thruster, equipped with four dual-linked pulse lasers ideal for point defense.

Frontal view, showing part of the hangar.

Disassembled.

The bridge. Here, the Squid Baron commands from his throne, along with a staff of a Squid Knight and four underlings.

The Pirate Radio Station. These guys are used to promote propaganda and compel insurgencies on target worlds. And play terrible pop music.

The hangar. Most of it is covered by the bridge, but it can carry four Vector starfighters.

Some empty space that I haven't decided what to do with yet.

Living quarters.

The administrative section.

Engineering. The Squidgineer handles all the technical nonsense here.

Supply and terranium. Warewolves hold a revered position in Squidhead society, due to their reknown as experts in warehousing and administration.

Finally, a size comparison with the Rial and a Vector
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Scratch
Reihawk

Re: The Squidhead Dominion and Morlock Upgrade

Post by Scratch » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Wow! Great to see Squidheads get their own SHIP, it looks great and the grey fits with both the industrial and feudal themes, I can see that the Baron rules with an iron fist.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Very cool. Probably the best ship I've seen in months.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:32 pm

You could use that empty area as one of the following:
-Lounge
-Extra storage
-Drug lab
-workshop

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:51 am

Wowie, most impressive.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:29 am

Now we need this thing to fight the Elodin

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:21 am

The Morlock is really nice. Other suggestions for the extra space would be to create an armory or prison there.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:08 pm

How about a club?

Also those are freat ships.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Silverdream wrote:Very cool. Probably the best ship I've seen in months.
Or the only one.

Still really awesome though.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:53 pm

motorhead fan wrote:Now we need this thing to fight the Elodin
That would be pretty cool. I'm pretty sure the Elodin would take out the Morlock in a straight fight with its Glaive Beam, but my SHIP may have a good chance with a complement of its Vector starfighters. Either way, it'd be badass.

I'm thinking I'm going to use the extra space for the Squid Baron's quarters and a war room. Making it nice and luxurious. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:10 am

This ship is amazingly huge. Great job with the beam projectors. You need more crew and assault forces to fill the ship.

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:26 am

Kaplan wrote:This ship is amazingly huge. Great job with the beam projectors. You need more crew and assault forces to fill the ship.
You need to build a SHIP. I want to see a SHIP built by you, it would be fantastic.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:06 am

Badass.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:39 pm

So awesome. Best SHIP I've seen in a while. I want everyone with SHIPs to somehow meet up and battle. It'd be awesome.

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 am

Kalvinator wrote:So awesome. Best SHIP I've seen in a while. I want everyone with SHIPs to somehow meet up and battle. It'd be awesome.
Imagine the destruction. :D
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!