Arcadian Federation R. 2015

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Arcadian Federation R. 2015

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:39 am

Kaplan wrote:I would like to see Overwatch pictures of your armies.

Your wish is my command:

I know that this is a terrible Overwatch pic, but there was no way I was going to fit all of these into a picture otherwise, and so I tried to make it look somewhat decent. Anyhow, allow me to present the United Federation of Independent Systems, also known as UFIS, the Arcadian Federation, or just the Arcadians. They are by far the largest and power within the Calvarian universe, possessing the largest military and commanding a territory consisting of over one thousand systems. They are rivaled only by the Calvarian Empire and the Communist Union. While the Empire may be more prolific and the Communists possess more manpower, there are known who can match the mighty combined-arms forces of the Federation, as they descend upon hostile systems with waves of infantry, armor, and aerospace fighters.

The current president of the Federation, Regis Drummond, as introduced here: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13405

Officers and Heroes; I haven't finished naming all of them yet, though I'm sure you can see the Master Chief and Rambo clones.

Shown in the foreground are pilots, specifically tank crewmen and fighter pilots. The tank crewmen can also double as soldiers not currently in battle rattle. Behind them are paratroopers, which we'll see later on.

The brave soldiers of the Federation. Rallied from a thousand worlds in the name of freedom and liberty, they stand together as one. Man and woman, yellow and peach, all gather beneath the banner of the Federation to fight for what is undoubtedly the greatest hope of equality and justice in the galaxy - the Arcadian Federation. Many have said that the soldiers of the Empire are superior in terms of combat prowess, yet the dedication of the Federation's soldiers to their cause more than makes up for their shortcomings in terms of combat. When working together, there is no obstacle that they cannot overcome with time, perseverance, and relentlessness.

Arcadian Marines serve as the tip of the spear for most operations, and are trained to fight in the most difficult conditions imaginable. They possess better armor and weapons than the rank-and-file infantry, and each of them are potent warriors. Though few in number, there are also few that can match their skill and precision.

Ranking even higher than the marines are the elite infantry. Every one of these soldiers is a true veteran that has endured the deadliest battles and has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Each of these soldiers wears thick body armor that protects them from all but the most harrowing strikes, while the HUD provided by their armored helmets gives them increased accuracy and coordination in battle. They are armed with whatever weapons they desire.

Arcadian Mediks utilize their caustic serums and many bladed instruments to quickly return crippled soldiers to the battlefield. They can be identified by the crosses on their helmets, meaning that they are often the first to get shot by the enemy, along with officers. Surprisingly, most other Arcadian soldiers seem to be okay with this, as they would rather die in glorious battle than have to endure torment at the hands of these sadistic figures. Does that really look like the face of mercy?

Arcadian Heavy Infantry are clad head to foot in Titanium-Veramex armor, making them impervious to all but the largest volumes of small-arms fire. They are very slow on the move however, and so most of these soldiers are attached to an armored or airborne unit for transport. Armed with the heaviest of weaponry, a single one of these fearsome adversaries can take out an enemy squad with impunity in the right conditions, and when supported by a team of allied Arcadians they serve as bullet magnets to draw fire away from their comrades.

Arcadian Demolitionists are deployed to eliminate enemy fortifications and armor, and are chosen based upon their obsession over causing explosions. Their rocket launchers can fire various warheads including HEAT, HEDP, and Kinetic rounds to eliminate various targets, while their demo charges can be used for blasting holes in walls or opening doors with the lowest form of subtlety imaginable.

Arcadian Rangers serve as scouts and marksmen, paving the way for a much larger force of their allies to move through. They are trained to survive in the deadliest of conditions with little support or aid for long periods of time, and they are both respected and feared by enemies and allies alike. Rumors persist that a single detachment of these guys can take an entire enemy base without being seen.

Among the most revered and deadly of Arcadian forces are the Veteran Rangers. Easily identified by their signature armor, they are equipped with some of the most advanced and powerful armaments this side of the marine corps. They are skilled in all manner of combat and survival, and can operate for supposedly months upon end without support.

The Arcadian paratroopers serve as a sort of atmospheric shock trooper, deployed from high altitudes to rapidly secure ground for an invading force. Their armor bears little indication of Arcadian manufacture, and many individuals who survived their attacks never knew they were of the Federation until the main forces arrived.

Jeeps are typically civilian vehicles, but many are used by the Arcadians as a sort of all-terrain transport and patrol vehicle. They possess no armaments on their own.

The Squire is a fast-attack vehicle used for patrol, reconnaissance, and raiding. It is fast and agile, and the rear turret can be equipped with a variety of weapons such as miniguns or machine guns, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and gauss or laser weapons. The Squire is unarmored, yet their low price and high versatility make them a mainstay of all Arcadian units, and as such they can be seen across all of their holdouts. Arcadians love the Squire so much that it has even produced a civilian version, and it is likely that the craft will remain in service for decades to come.

This is a Squire Troop Transport, featuring an extended cab and space for an additional four passengers.

The Sentinel is an armored vehicle designed largely for command and control purposes. It is unarmed, and so it is typically seen behind the front lines coordinating troop movements or artillery regiments. They also possess some transport capacity, and are utilized by the Adamarian police forces as an urban MRAP as well. Despite being unarmed, the Sentinel can have its communication and satellite uplink gear stripped and can replace these with some lighter weapon systems.

The Bishop AMV is the workhorse of the Arcadian ground forces. This armored modular vehicle can carry a full squad of eight infantrymen and their weapons safely into a combat zone, providing them with a high-mobility, well-armored vehicle that can carry powerful weaponry. In addition to smaller armaments, the Bishop can be outfitted with autocannons and ATGM launchers, while some variants can sacrifice their troop bay to accommodate a 105mm gun for sniping enemy armor. In any event, the versatility of the Bishop is immense, and so the vehicle has come to be adored and utilized across the whole of Federation space.

A close-up of the Bishop variant, featuring a turreted autocannon.

The Bishop was originally inspired by the LAV-45 on MOC Pages, but I have adapted the design many times over last few months to accommodate more minifigs in a more comfortable manner. Including the crew, the Bishop can seat ten minifigs in all.

The Knight is a medium tank designed for all manner of operations, mostly clearing out enemy armor. It essentially serves as a gun on treads that can be produced in mass numbers for low cost; however, many claim that the best feature of the Knight is that it is air-droppable. The ability to transport such a potent armored unit with ease is quite a great asset indeed. The Knight on the far left of the picture is an IFV variant armed with an autocannon and ATGM launcher.

An Archer missile tank. These vehicles are typically used as a defensive weapon, defending Arcadian bases from enemy dropships and slow-moving VTOLs.

The Charger is an IFV based on the Crusader chassis. With speed similar to the Bishop and tank-level armor, it is superior to the smaller Bishop but is also heavier and more expensive. It is often used as a spearhead vehicle for mechanized infantry regiments, as the Charger can quickly deploy its occupants and literally charge straight into enemy positions with reckless abandon, as its armor can defend it from all but the most powerful attacks. The Charger can be armed with a variety of weapons, the most common being an autocannon and ATGM launchers.

The Crusader Mk. 4A serves as the mighty main battle tank of the Arcadian Federation. Though slow on the move, the Crusader is resilient and deadly, boasting a formidable number of offensive and defensive systems. The 120mm main gun is powerful enough to obliterate enemy armor in just a few shots, while its three machine guns can fend off any number of infantry attacks. In addition to its thick armor, the Crusader is equipped with smoke grenade launchers and a LAMS (Laser Anti-Missile System) unit that can defend the craft from all manner of guided munitions. While the LAMS cannot stop high velocity projectiles like small arms fire or cannon rounds, it can track enemy rockets and missiles that entire its detection radius and utilize a powerful laser to detonate them prematurely, ensuring the safety of the tank as the missile detonates from a safe distance. The system is not foolproof however; multiple missiles fired in many directions can be troublesome for the LAMS, as can large numbers of swarm missiles from a single direction.

A Crusader with opened hatches. The Crusader is regarded as being one of the most advanced and deadly tanks available.

The Crusader's engine. In the event of emergency, it can be ejected from the rear hatch, providing the crew with an alternative escape route and disabling the vehicle so that enemy forces will not be able to use it.

The Yeoman is a prototype Vertical Tank utilized by the Federation. Though not as heavily armored as the Crusader, the Yeoman is much more agile, and uses this agility to function as a high-end, long range tank hunter and exploration vehicle. The Yeoman possesses a significant number of electronics that enable it to serve as a robust scouting craft, while its SABOT cannon possesses significant range and firepower against enemy armor. Against lighter targets, the Yeoman is armed with a twin-barreled light autocannon that can rip enemy vehicles and infantry teams to shreds in seconds.

The Yeoman also possesses rocket thrusters that enable it to "jump" for a brief time, allowing it to clear obstacles and get an elevation advantage over enemies.

This is a currently unnamed VTOL craft used by the Federation. Based upon civilian cargo aircraft, it can deploy a squad of infantry into any environment and can escape within minutes. It is a purely atmospheric craft.

The VTOL's troop bay. Covering fire is provided by these two gunners, armed with automatic grenade launchers.

The Seraphim is the most common aerospace fighter used by the Arcadians. Fast and agile, it is a powerful aircraft with a versatile armament. In addition to its autocannons, the Seraphim carries a number of Mk. II and Mk. IV missiles that can be used against many targets with great effect. These weapons can be traded out for bombs or specialize munitions however. Should its ammunition become exhausted, the Seraphim is armed with a nose-mounted .50-caliber machine gun for defense.

The Archangel Mk. III is the primary dropship of the Arcadian Federation. It is a workhorse vessel capable of atmospheric and orbital flight, providing infantry regiments with a fast, well-armored, and well-armed chassis for carrying soldiers and supplies. The Archangel is armed with a nose-mounted autocannon and a pair of Mk. II missile launchers under the wings, though it can accommodate additional armaments should the need arise.

The cockpit. Two pilots are overseen by a commander, who also controls the ships weapons and communications systems.

The cargo bay. Troops can exit via the two front doors or the large boarding ramp in the rear. The Archangel can carry about two full squads of infantry, or a large number of logistics and ammunition.

I do so love Lego magnets...

Rear view, showing the thrusters.

That's it for the Arcadian Federation. Hope you guys enjoy the update. I'll leave you all with a preview of things to come...

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Arcadian Federation R. 2015

Postby Vami IV » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 pm

Nice faction. Favorite bits were the Bishop and Crusader.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Kaplan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:16 pm

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p80 ... 3669ac.jpg

This picture is...
...AMAZING :)

Your army picture is updated in the gllery/list of armies topic:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11143
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby loafofcheese » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:28 pm

Wow, man, that's better than a lot of sigfig's stuff.
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Postby piltogg » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:43 am

Holy shit dude.....
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Zupponn » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:55 am

A lot of really cool stuff here.  I really like how you varied your basic troopers.  It makes them feel more like a veteran fighting force.  Nice GTC by the way.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby motorhead fan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:13 am

very nice! You should make a battle report which is a siege, with these guys attacking and all your other people defending, that would be cool.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:19 am

Thanks everybody; I've been building these guys up for a while now and am glad to see that they look awesome together.

Kaplan wrote:http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p800/benjammin1231/IMG_1314_zps493669ac.jpg

This picture is...
...AMAZING :)

Your army picture is updated in the gllery/list of armies topic:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11143

Thanks for the update.

motorhead fan wrote:very nice! You should make a battle report which is a siege, with these guys attacking and all your other people defending, that would be cool.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea...
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:30 am

The yeoman and bishop are great
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Postby ikensall » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:49 pm

The details on the Yeoman give it the aura of "I'm going to clunk over there and stamp on your face with my greebled up legs", if you follow my drift. The windscreen hatch/flap thingies on the Bishops look pretty nifty, and the shaping on the Crusaders' turrets works very well, reminds me of a stylised Challenger2, and they look pretty menacing like the Challenger too. Bonus points for the smoke grenade launcher orgy, you're making me wish I had more binoculars for that stuff
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Ben-Jammin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:22 am

ikensall wrote:The details on the Yeoman give it the aura of "I'm going to clunk over there and stamp on your face with my greebled up legs", if you follow my drift. The windscreen hatch/flap thingies on the Bishops look pretty nifty, and the shaping on the Crusaders' turrets works very well, reminds me of a stylised Challenger2, and they look pretty menacing like the Challenger too. Bonus points for the smoke grenade launcher orgy, you're making me wish I had more binoculars for that stuff

The Yeoman is actually the second variation; I've redone the entire torso from the previous version, which I've shown here:

That is the Yeoman version 1, It is now somewhat less boxy. The Yeoman itself is inspired by a combination of mechs from the game Hawken.
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Postby ikensall » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:38 pm

With the bricks you used for the front of the body, the way they stack with holes between layers reminds me of the grille of a knight's visor plate. Aside from that I like the name, all large mechs from now on need to be referred to as "Vertical Tanks". You still need more flags on everything though.
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Kaplan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Bth versions of Yeoman looks great but honestly speaking I like the original version more than the second version.
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby Kommander Ken » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

My god, I am drooling over this stuff, especially the vehicles and mecha. Top-notch army, man.  :D
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:41 am

ikensall wrote:With the bricks you used for the front of the body, the way they stack with holes between layers reminds me of the grille of a knight's visor plate. Aside from that I like the name, all large mechs from now on need to be referred to as "Vertical Tanks". You still need more flags on everything though.

I never thought of that until you said it just now. I wanted to redo the body because at first I wanted to make it like a Hawken heavy mech, with the big arms and everything that could form a wall in front of the unit. In this way the mech could advance with a big wall of steel in front of it while still firing its weapons and could provide cover for soldiers behind it. However, I changed my mind and then wanted to make it like a Hawken light mech - specifically the reaper, my favorite. I think I got the torso down right, but the legs didn't change at all save for the feet. I think I'll go back and change the front of the new torso to match the original.

As for the flags, I do have a huge amount of the dark green banner-thingies, and I've got one of the old cloth flags with the dragon on it. I'll probably add them to the tanks later on.
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Next

Return to The Armoury