Shogunate of the Hundred Isles

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Chicken Tenders
Champion
Champion

Shogunate of the Hundred Isles

Post by Chicken Tenders » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Seeing a lot of medivo factions getting posted recently got me in gear to endeavor greatly and get pictures of the newest one I had sitting on my shelf. As such, presenting now: The Shogunate of the Hundred Isles!

In the eastern oceans of Medivo there can be found a multitude of island chains. These chains, being inhabited by many, all of whom hate every other island, were rife with conflict between clans. Though as time went on, one clan came to control the lions share of these islands. Realistically, they're are probably only twenty to thirty islands of any true merit as a kingdom-- and it's a known fact that the Shogun had a tendency to name passing ships or particularly sizable pieces of driftwood as islands under his control, but all the same this kingdom reigns in the distant waves. Recent expeditions from the Empire have been made in order to open trade routes with these islands and their unknown resources.

The Shogun:

Sporting a heavy Kanabo, and the banners of his triumphant clan upon his back, he rides into battle on his fierce warhorse. At his side and insuring his safety two battlefield attendants can always be found.

The Samurai:

Fiercely loyal to the shogun, they'd give their lives readily for him. They ride to battle armed with flintlocks from the western continents where firearms have been more perfected, and carry long naginata for slashing foes as they ride past. Each carries the banner of the Shogun on their saddle.

The Ashigaru:

Peasants made soldiers, they are trained with spear, sword, bow, and the recently introduced improved firearms. The Shogun was quick to adopt their use among his forces, any edge being useful and necessary to maintain control over all the other clans of the island chains. Some Ashigaru are even trained as siege engineers, being equipped with cannons purchased off the decks of western merchant ships. Many a greedy captain has found himself heavy with treasure but light on arms when the common pirates of the islands or any other enemy ships descended upon them.

A pair of Hwacha built after copying the designs of a nearby peninsula bound kingdom with which the Shogunate frequently went to war. They had proven very effective against the shogun's troops so recreating their effect against his own enemies became a top priority. Able to fire multiple rocket propelled arrows into oncoming enemy formations, they can quickly leave only a field of pincushions behind.

Then there is the Shogun's secret weapon, his ace in the hole, his son! Pokemon Trainer, and his Venusaur!

Armed with a pair of wooden swords and a banner reflecting his starter choice, the Shogun's son fights along side his mighty Venusaur to crush the enemies of his father. Able to fire beams of solar energy from its mouth, as well as release spores which can cause all manner of terrible effects when inhaled, they have broken more than their share of enemy moral and bodies.

Group shot!
Last edited by Chicken Tenders on Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(\_/)
(^-^)
(_--_)*

Titos
Champion
Champion

Re: Shogunate of the Hundred Isles

Post by Titos » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Pretty! I challenge you
The Holy Empire of Aldebourne: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13671

“Nothing confuses an officer like violently agreeing with him.”

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Oh man I love the concept behind this faction. Beautifully presented!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:03 pm

The venasaur is brilliant

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:15 pm

These guys are incredibly well done. My only thing is that I would have liked to see the old gold chrome horn thingies instead of the plain gold ones you used. That's more of a personal preference thing, so take that with a grain of salt.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:00 am

I've seen only quality stuff from you around here. Keep up the great work! I'm also excited to see them in action.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:57 am

Looks great! Can't wait to see them either in action or a soap opera.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:39 pm

These guys have got to be one of the best Japanese-themed armies out there, they're excellently put together! :<3:

Chicken Tenders
Champion
Champion

Post by Chicken Tenders » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:45 pm

Thanks everyone! I really need to look into finding some people in my area who play so I can try out my different factions! Or at very least put together some battles at home with the armies I have.
Zupponn wrote:These guys are incredibly well done. My only thing is that I would have liked to see the old gold chrome horn thingies instead of the plain gold ones you used. That's more of a personal preference thing, so take that with a grain of salt.
Thanks! I both agree and disagree with you about the horns. I really like the shape of the old horns, they were definitely better in that regard than the bucket handles they've been pushing recently with the ninjago sets. But I was never a fan of the chromed/shiny pieces like that, if they had the old style horns in more standard colors I'd probably be all over that. I do like the crab-claw like horns they've made recently, those are pretty good for shape too.
(\_/)
(^-^)
(_--_)*

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:24 pm

In honor of pokemon Go,

:necro: