The 1st Postmodern Mechanized Corps

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Castlebravo » Sat May 14, 2016 6:09 pm

This is my second faction, the other being the Patriarchy. Battle reports between the two are planned. Enjoy !

Some Kanon

Led by President Derrida and his Prime Minister Foucault from their impregnable fortress of Abraxas, the Postmodern Relativist Republic (often shortened to Postmodern Republic or simply PMRR) is a non-oppressive totalitarian state whose ultimate goal is the Dekonstruction of the entire Brikverse, merging all its parts into the Safe Space known as the Great Plastic Bin, where male and female minifigs, peaches and yellow, genuine and CLOan briks will be assimilated into a dark magma known as the Unsorted  Matter.
Although it was during some time the dominant power in its corner of the Brikverse, the Postmodern Relativistic Republic suffered heavy losses against its neighbor the Scientific Realism Federation during the conflicts known as the Science Wars. Defeated, it was forced to hand over all of its weaponized Scientific Artifacts by a humiliating peace treaty, crippling its military strength. In order to regain its former glory, the Postmodern Republic is planning to invade one of its oldest enemies : the Patriarchy. President Derrida, using the dark power of the Dekonstruction, seduced and corrupted one of the Patriarchy's opposing rebel group, the De Beauvoir's Avengers, into swearing allegiance to the Postmodern Relativist Republic. Fanatically dedicated to the Dekonstruction of the Patriarchy, and equipped with the most Postmodern equipment available, it is now known as the 1st  Postmodern Mechanized Corps.

The 1st  Postmodern Mechanized Corps is a nearly entirely female combined arm unit, due to its past as a rebel feminist group. It incorporates a peach squad where some male minifigs are tolerated as cannon fodder for the sake of intersectionality, but they are not expected to last very long in battle, either because of forced suicide missions or unlucky stray bullets from their comrades.

Overwatch pic

The Type 64 is the newest Postmodern main battle tank. Its reactive armor and high-velocity gun are unmatched by any vehicles currently in use by the PMRR's enemies. However, its high level of sophistication makes it a very costly vehicle, only issued to some elite units of the Postmodern army. The 1st Postmodern Mechanized Corps was lucky to secure one.
Spoiler: show
View under different angles
internal  layout of the vehicle, with the driver at the front and the gunner in the middle, next to the HE shells.

The Type 55 have been the standard Postmodern medium tank for several decades. Before alvailable in nearly limitless quantities, the Science Wars have severely reduced the inventory and the Type 55 is now a much rarer vehicle. Despite its age, its armor and 4-inch gun still packs the punch on the battlefied, especially against the lighter machines that the Patriarchy uses.
An AA/IFV version equipped with twin heavy machineguns and an ATGM launcher exists, but is rarely used on the field.
more pics
internal  layout of the vehicle, with the driver and the gunner side by side.

The BTR-20 is the standard Postmodern APC. It can be used for ligh infantry support thanks to its low pressure gun or twin machinegun mount. As the Type 55, it's an old vehicle that is still very efficient.
The BTR-20 can seat a full armed squad, although quite uncomfortably. It will however nicely sit 8 unarmed minifigs.

The anti-armor squad uses a mix of HE and AP rounds to destroy enemy tanks with its two spigot rocket launchers.

The Black Commando squad is made up of the most radical members of the De Beauvoir's Avengers who even refused to adopt the Postmodern uniform, and kept their old guerilla battledress instead (Some says that the fourth member of the squad kept “her” balaclava for a whole other reason but whatever). They'll perform spec ops missions and serve overall as an elite force for the Corps.

The two light infantry squads perform exactly the same tasks as motorized infantry but have to walk or hich a ride on tanks to get to the battlefield. On the second row, the peach male cannon fodders form the Peach squad, always voluntary to throw themselves under enemy's tank tracks or fall on incoming grenades.

The two motorized infantry squads  are led by Colonel Anita Sarkeesian, because why the fuck not (with the Internet Feminist Cliche). They're the one riding in BTR-20.

And that's it ! The vehicles LDDs come from here, although I had to internally redesign both the Type 64 and 55 because the original builds were very flimsy.
Castlebravo
Champion
Champion

Re: The 1st Postmodern Mechanized Corps

Postby RedRover » Sat May 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Violent feminism, nice
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat May 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Best armored vehicles on the forums!
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Postby stubby » Sun May 15, 2016 5:51 pm

And I love the backstories for these factions.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Valiant » Mon May 16, 2016 1:26 am

Your attention to detail on your armoured vehicles is excellent.

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Postby Castlebravo » Mon May 16, 2016 2:39 am

Thank you for your positive comments ! I'm glad you like the vehicles. They took me a while to make them go from unstable piles of bricks only good to be on display to something somewhat playable and sturdy.

stubby wrote:And I love the backstories for these factions.

The events, characters and organizations depicted in this work are ficticious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual organization or movement, is purely koincidental and totally not inspired from a certain philosophical movement that got rekt quite vigorously by a guy named Alan Sokal.
Castlebravo
Champion
Champion

Postby BakedSanta » Wed May 18, 2016 12:29 am

I lost it at General Sarkessian  :lol: Great stuff dude
BakedSanta
Champion
Champion

Postby Half-Moon Molly » Wed May 18, 2016 5:08 am

Wow, one of the best factions I've seen in a while!
yeah, I'm trans.
[a n d i f you h a v e a n i s s u e w i t h t h a t i i n v i t e y o u t o s u c c m y g i r l d i c k]
Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Postby BFenix » Wed May 18, 2016 11:00 am

The Type-64 is absolutely brilliant! One of the best russian armor renditions I've seen in Lego for sure.  :studgod:
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Wed May 18, 2016 6:14 pm

BakedSanta wrote:I lost it at General Sarkessian  :lol: Great stuff dude

If you want an alternate hairstyle, I'm pretty sure the colored stripes in Wyldstyle's hair are actually just the femfreq logo
stubby

Postby Silverdream » Wed May 18, 2016 11:39 pm

The best part is that the figures and vehicles are so beautifully designed.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Castlebravo » Thu May 19, 2016 1:36 pm

stubby wrote:
BakedSanta wrote:I lost it at General Sarkessian  :lol: Great stuff dude

If you want an alternate hairstyle, I'm pretty sure the colored stripes in Wyldstyle's hair are actually just the femfreq logo

:fudge:
Castlebravo
Champion
Champion

Postby stubby » Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Huh, I guess they changed it. It used to be

Image Image

Now it's just gamora's hair instead

stubby

Postby Castlebravo » Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm

The old logo is much closer indeed. Maybe i'll buy the part later !
Castlebravo
Champion
Champion

Return to The Armoury