Once Upon a World 2.0

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Once Upon a World 2.0

Post by ikensall » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:23 am

So I'm making a new thread where I put pictures of stuff I made. The old one was getting big and I'd like to keep things manageable, besides which I think my building has improved quite a bit in the last 3 years so time for a fresh start. Here is the old one for reference; http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11297 (potential side-track warning).

There are some factions and builds that still survive in transmuted forms from years back, which I like, and some heavily improved builds that need rephotographing (not least because I can do pictures properly now). I'll start off by posting builds, there are about 6-8 figs in each faction (although I prefer to make stuff for the sake of it rather than to pad out specific armies) which may come later. These descriptions are lifted from where I posted them on flickr a while back. I know, I'm a dirty traitor but I like the way it makes you post stuff as individual builds in their own right without having to tie them down to a specific group.

Some tiny one man tanks from the generic eastern "honorabu samurai " guys- they still don't have a proper name.

The Lel - No is the first of the Empire's one-man-tanks. In imperial doctrine a serviceman's worth is measured in terms of honour, which can only be proven in battle. After an engagement a tank crew of multiple members was liable to squabble over the distribution of honour from the tank's success.

Duels resulting from these disputes would often incur greater casualties than the battle itself, thus designs for single-crew tanks were commissioned. The first of these was the versatile but underpowered Lel - No light tank. It's compact nature meant that the engine had to be fitted externally, as there was no room inside after the ammunition, suspension and communication equipment was allocated.

Do you even teal bro?

The Fu - No is the second single crew tank produced by the empire, after issues of personal honour made larger vehicles difficult to operate. Katanas were stowed in easy reach of the crew should the urge to "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!" arise.

A light machine gun is also provided, but normally used only when the katana breaks.

I redid the infantry too, (there's more of them).

And then we have the generic unscrupulous capitalist "give us your oil" guys. Some of the backgrounds from here are orange because I wanted them to be fighting in a desert, having watched a playthrough of the game Journey. Again, I have some uniformed figs for these guys.

A cruiser tank for cruising through the desert.

6 Rad armoured scouty patrolly vehicle, for cruising through the desert faster. Sort of inspired by submarine conning towers, and 6-Rad comes from german armoured cars in ww2 (for 6 wheels).
Spoiler
Show
When your suspension adjusts and you know it.
Mediocre ass shot. Damn the tyre's cut off.
I'm also cultivating a a weird totalitarian-fanatical contraband-fueled state, their patch or desert is called the Orange Dessert. Maybe that could be their name too.
Inspired a little by bleywatch.

Spoiler
Show
Despite recent budget cuts, the border police of the fertile "Orange Dessert" stand ready to keep narcotics in, and smugglers out.
...I wanted to see if I could make a traincar like these, but then I realised I had no train wheels. So I made a ghetto caravan-

Old elephant tanks. The red one has been posted before towards the end of the last thread, but the yellow one in the back is newer. Note rockets.

Spoiler
Show
More old stuff. Grave robbers are rife in the dessert, possibly the most famous of them being Johnny Plunder and his Booty Wagon.

Some more things you've seen before and a big turret thing. Also generic baddy with a tophat.

Lastly, a more recent build:
A member of the Orange Dessert Air Force preparing to takeoff for a sortie patrolling his bountiful homeland's borders. Nobody comes or goes unallowed under the watch of this pilot and his Fanny-Bandit strike fighter.

Dissidents would suggest that the "mental stress" of repeatedly obliterating hopeful emigrants on the open steppes forces pilots to turn to depressants before flights. This is preposterous, as the drugs issued to pilots are all stimulants or hallucinogens.

Pictured:
Fanny-Bandit Serial n. 420
I'm the best at stickers.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Re: Once Upon a World 2.0

Post by Duerer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:38 am

Saw your stuff shared at The Brothers Brick earlier on. This is some pretty solid quality shit, with the elephants being my favourites.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:53 am

Cool. Tweepunk is one of the coolest lego building styles.
Image Image

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:23 am

Also, I love the staging and photography. What's your photo setup like?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:09 am

This is excellent mate! It's great to see that you're still building and innovating your designs :D

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:29 am

All of this is amazing!
I like how everyone has parasols.

Noktu
Officer

Post by Noktu » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:31 am

Quite intriguing builds! :silva:

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:47 am

This is very well done! I'm so glad you are posting this sort of content again!
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:43 pm

Duerer wrote:Saw your stuff shared at The Brothers Brick earlier on. This is some pretty solid quality shit, with the elephants being my favourites.
Huh that was new to me, thanks for telling me. Had a look but I couldn't find it, anything you can remember about it on there? I like the elephants too, so much potential to go either really well or terribly wrong, just wish I could brikwar with them.
AnnoyedZebra wrote:Cool. Tweepunk is one of the coolest lego building styles.
Damn right. It epitomises ironic violence; the whole idea is to have a load of child soldiers in brightly-coloured tanks set on killing all the other child soldiers in the other brightly coloured tanks.
stubby wrote:Also, I love the staging and photography. What's your photo setup like?
A piece of A3 card on either a chair or against a wall anywhere near a decent window. Then fiddle brightness and contrast just a little (or a bit more if you want it to feel like a desert) afterwards. Maybe that's cheating, but if you aren't struck by it I guess I don't need a lightbox. In some of the pictures I got a folded blanket on a chair to be a sand dune and had a blue sheet of card behind for the sky. Sheets of card are incredibly underrated.

-Thanks Valiant, maybe one day you'll give in and start building your tanks in pastel colours.
Tzan wrote:All of this is amazing!
I like how everyone has parasols.
Yep, parasols are essential! I kinda picked that up from this guy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/haystackh ... ateposted/

-Bann, I'm all built out right now, so you might be waiting a little bit for some more builds. Nonetheless, I'm still trying to find more stuff to have a go at.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, if anyone has some critical points please post them, I like to consider them.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:27 pm

:tiger:

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:46 pm

I like this a lot

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:03 am

So much character in each picture! I've been following the flickr's tweepunk group for a while now and your pictures are always a joy to see!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Best European builder. 10/10

Alex
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Alex » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:30 pm

I feel like this in an anime waiting to happen. It's really cool stuff! I would love to see them in a brikwar sometime.

Half-Moon Molly
mffmfmffgfgh

Post by Half-Moon Molly » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:00 am

This is some good shit man. I'll be posting some of my old Steampunk dudes in the Doodles thread, so keep an eye out for that!
yeah, I'm trans.
Spoiler
Show
[a n d i f you h a v e a n i s s u e w i t h t h a t i i n v i t e y o u t o s u c c m y g i r l d i c k]