GR Berkut assault transport aircraft

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

GR Berkut assault transport aircraft

Postby Kastrenzo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:51 pm

I've not really cared for making starships or fighters since It would only make sense if I had some on the opposing sides of my factions, which I don't

But some kind of transport or general purpose Helicopter or VTOL wasn't out of the question though. Threw this together in 2 nights. It's an upscaled Reaver from planetside 2, essentially.

Introduced in 2016, The Galacian Berkut is a general purpose ground attack and troop transport aircraft. Heavily armored and armed with an array of weapons while able to carry a generous supply of troops or equipment, the Berkut is essentially a flying tank. It's introduction has allowed the GR to start fielding specialized air assault troops with fast and powerful transports, as well as provide a nasty surprise to rebel armor units unlucky enough to be caught without air defense

Side Profile

Closeup on the main thrusters, secondary trusters used for fine tuning and balance are seen in the front

Closeup on the cockpit, the Berkus is piloted by a single operator

The cabin can fit 4 or 5 minifigs, with room for one on each door as well.  Or whatever else can fit in there

Closeup on the basic weaponry loadout, a heavy armor piercing machinegun and dumbfire rockets. Other loadouts are available at the expense of troop capacity
Actually, it's a fuck off machine, haven't you ever seent one before?
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: GR Berkut assault transport aircraft

Postby hobonoob5000 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 pm

I loke it, but I think the front is a little to bulky.
hobonoob5000
Hero

Postby Captain-Camper » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 pm

I think its a little bulky too but i think of it in a cool way like wh40k.
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby Kastrenzo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:40 pm

its like that because I tried for several hours to get an arrowhead/delta design on the front,  just couldnt make it work.  maybe later down the line.  I got nothing done on this last night and basically just threw stuff together with what worked.. to get a finished "prototype" of sorts out

also added some optional side doors,  and national flags "painted" on the sides. although part of it blends in because white on white.
Kastrenzo

Postby Apollyon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:56 am

I like the chunkyness of the front. It's sexy!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Postby Duerer » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:00 am

Thicc
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Valiant » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:12 am

Looks good :D
Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:13 am

hobonoob5000 wrote:I loke it, but I think the front is a little to bulky.

I also loke it, the bulkyness isn't a problem for me though, I wish I had enough parts left to make a dropship this good.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:42 am

I was thinking of using some tapered peices but I just can't find any, is the problem. Im really starting to run out of Pieces.

I have 3 things left on the "List" for Galacia.  I can only pick one.

1. SHIP, for Superpower epeen status. Unless this constitutes having already achieved that..http://brikwars.com/wiki/images/f/f2/Elkoarmy.png
2. Some smaller aircraft. Like fighters bombers gunships whatever.  right now aside from Berkut Im just using some modded SW fighters
3. MORE land vehicles,  artillery, Anti air.  etc.  I think they've recieved enough land stuff though. personally

Personally, leaning towards No.
1 Thoughts?
Kastrenzo

Postby Duerer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:05 am

Kastrenzo wrote:1. SHIP, for Superpower epeen status. Unless this constitutes having already achieved that..http://brikwars.com/wiki/images/f/f2/Elkoarmy.png

Nothing's wrong with a well built ship if you know how to pull some sick shapes. I'm not sure if "superpower status" should be really the only motivation to build such a thing since you shouldn't force yourself to have your build 100 studs long.
Otherwise the results might turn out pretty ugly.

Kastrenzo wrote:2. Some smaller aircraft. Like fighters bombers gunships whatever.  right now aside from Berkut Im just using some modded SW fighters

That might be a good call as most of your army is just infantry and land vehicles. However, you also have to think about a smart way to feature them in combat.
As someone who strives to feature all of his vehicles in combat at least once, I still struggle to cram in some bigger airforce into my battles.

Kastrenzo wrote:3. MORE land vehicles,  artillery, Anti air.  etc.  I think they've recieved enough land stuff though. personally

Not sure if you really need more but you could upgrade existing vehicles to fit a different purpose, such as pick-ups with AA quad cannons or even a missile launcher.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:55 am

One of my "Rebel" Factions has some small towed artillery pieces. making some white copies might do, for 3.

TLDR I'm like, done with the GR faction,  I want one thing to top it all off and then never work on it again for a long time,   GR has just become "too big"  I've got like 300 minifigs and probably 15-20 vehicles,  the next closest is the ZC (The black faction of mine), and they're like 40% at MOST the strenth of GR.

I spend too much time editing the wiki, where it seems no one even goes anymore,  Your lore for example I wrote parts of mine from,  I guess the drive for the superpower thing is just simply trying to wow some people enough that someone I dunno, makes mention of one of my factions, therefore somewhat justifying all the time I put into giving a story to a bunch of white lego men and tanks.
Kastrenzo

Postby motorhead fan » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:50 am

What do you mean by a superpower epeen status?

also, I thought that simply making a SHIP or something didn't necesserily make you a superpower anymore, Or at least, that's what someone told me.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:43 am

It's a wiki page with a short list of criteria to be on it,  and I said that being on that list makes your epeen bigger, It's all up in the air anyway because some people added factions to that list when they don't fit the "criteria"
But anyway, it was an asinine comment really.   My goal was to just make a collection of factions that would be recognized like some of the other good ones here. My forces grew tenfold since I started hanging around and sharing here.  Just looking to do a capstone of sorts,  wow a few people and ultimately "Finish" the faction.

I also can't afford to keep doing this since Im trying to get a new car... I started buying stuff on ebay, and if I move to brick link I'll definitely be broke in a day
Kastrenzo

Postby Zupponn » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:22 pm

The only way to really make your faction a superpower is to get the rest of the forum to agree that it is a superpower.  You can build as much as you want, but in the end that's the only criteria.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Captain-Camper » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:41 pm

To be fair if you build a metric-fuck-ton of things then you will be seen typically as superpower.
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Next

Return to The Armoury