Galacian Self Propelled Artillery

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Galacian Self Propelled Artillery

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Not given a name to this yet,   but while I wait for parts for a few more vehicles, I threw this together with the extras.

Still making some traditional deployed towed artillery,  but this is a self propelled artillery vehicle I made.  Based on an amalgamation of the 2S7 Pion and various tank destroyers and artillery from WW II.

Versatile artillery platform that can function in three different fire modes, the first pictured is the assault mode, with the gun lowered to be able to fire at tanks and structures head on.  turning it into a tank destroyer / bunker buster.

Mortar mode. a medium range medium to long range arc fire mode.

the last mode is Howitzer mode,  an extreme long range arc fire,  capable of firing much larger ordinance.  The crew must vacate the vehicle for this style. Fire rate is considerably slowed as a loader must enter and exit the cabin to reload as it is not safe to fire with someone inside the cabin in this configuration.  Another crew member will often either provide security for the perimeter with an automated turret, or spotting assistance.  The third member will control the vehicle from a second set of controls at the back of the vehicle. When firing in howitzer mode the recoil of the gun is so strong that it will send the vehicle backwards.

Some crews will perform the "chop top mod",  taking off part of the roof to ease the cramped quarters of the cabin.
Actually, it's a fuck off machine, haven't you ever seent one before?
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: Galacian Self Propelled Artillery

Postby Valiant » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:16 pm

Nice
Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Return to The Armoury