Empire Mointseeir

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Empire Mointseeir

Post by RedRover » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Empire Mointseeir

Basic Information:
Inspiration: French Empires
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Capitol: Loisail
Influence: 24 Systems
Tek Level: Between 4-5
Brief Summary: The people of Mointseeir were originally a Tech Level 4 Civilization dominating one planet, Loisail, and ruled by a feudal system. When The Grand Uascirian Empire fell, The Imperial Magistrate’s predecessor, a power vacuum opened up. Seeing an Opportunity, House Mointseeir (one of the ruling houses), seized the opportunity to consolidate power and took over the planet Loisail and establishing a monarchy placing Phillip Mointseeir II on the throne as Roi de Mointseeir. Phillip quickly militarized Loisail and took over surrounding systems to build his empire. Successful in its military conquest, Phillip built himself an empire he dubbed Empire Mointseeir. In a tragic accident that some claim to be assassination, Phillip passed away. His son, Dominic Mointseeir IV took his throne and seeks to continue the prosperity of the empire his father built.

Lègionnaires
It is considered an honor to lay down your life for the Roi. Minifigs flock to military service for a chance to serve their monarch

Squad led by a commanding officer.

The Lègionnaires with the sharpest of eyesight get trained as sharpshooters

These Lègionnaires are gunners, but can't seem to find their equipment

Lègionnaires Avancès
The best Lègionnaires are trained to use specially constructed guns from the Magiques Royal. These guns can have a variety of effects depending on the magical cartridge inserted.

Général Jacques Capet
Commandet of the Empire's forces, after the Roi of course.

Magiques Bataille
Accompanying squads of Lègionnaires, Magiques Bataille use their magik to cast supporting spells and charms while also throwing a few curses and bullets towards the enemy lines.

Magiques Clerc
Magiques Clerc specialize in reviving fallen troops. They are a rare sight on the battlefield as most Lègionnaires are happy to die for the Roi in honerable combat. Also, the systems of Empire Mointseeir suffer from over population.

Magiques Royal
Powerful in their own right, the Magiques Royal oversee the use of Magik in the Empire. Each is appointed by the Roi usually for their extensive knowledge and mastery of the arcane arts, however some are appointed for their deep pockets or wells of information.

La Garde Noire
Not so affectionately nicknamed, "La Garde Décès," La Garde Noire is the secret police of the Roi. They ensure that Dominic does not succumb to the same fate as his father. They are led by Capitaine Gerard Rochette.

Serviteurs du Roi
A collection of very unique and skilled individuals who carry out special assignments for the Roi.

Chancelier Clement Pierre
Clement oversees the Serviteurs. He is essentially the baby sitter of the group and often has trouble reeling them in.

Première Épée
The Serviteurs do not go by their birth names, but instead are assigned titles. Première Épée is a highly skilled swordsman, versed in almost any type of bladed weapon. He was the first Serviteur, originally scouted out within Lègionnaire ranks for his skill with hand to hand combat. He was most famous for taking down a squad of enemy soldiers with a flurry of cuts from what appeared to be nearly twenty knives. It was later discovered that he specializes in a type of magic that essentially lets him pull out endless blades from thin-air making him a unique member of the team.

Deuxième Magi
Deuxième Mage was found by one of the Magiques Royal at a very young age when she displayed immense magical potential. He put her under his tutelage in hopes that she would one day become a Magiques Royal. Her capabilities quickly surpassed that of his and the other Magiques Royal so she was drafted into the Serviteurs. She does not specialize in any particular form of magik, but she is more than proficient in many and the most versitile of the bunch.

Troisième Lanceur
Found working in a toy shop, Troisième Lanceur was gifted in tinkering magik, allowing him to assemble contraptions and gizmos from unlikely materials at alarming speeds. He carries a rifle he modified himself and a backpack full of tools and supplies.

Quatrième Lance
Like, Première Épée, Quatrième Lance was also found within the ranks of the Lègionnaires. He was scouted for the Servituers when reports came in of a soldier lifting a tank off some fallen comrades. Originally believed to have super strength, he was drafted. To the pleasant surprise of the Roi, it was discovered that Quatrième Lance actually possessed a rare magikal ability that lets him alter the weight of objects he touches. He received extensive training in lance combat which, in conjunction with his abilities, makes him an incredibly leathal weapon.

Dominic IV, Roi de Mointseeir
Dominic surrounded by his royal guard.

Ciel Fourd Airship
The Ciel Fourd is a light, yet versatile, airship used to support Lègionnaires on the ground.

It's forward cannon can be used to fend off other aircraft or poke holes in tanks.

Fluttering wings on the side allow it to move in many directions on a pinch. This is crucial for the effectiveness of the Ciel Fourd because it is not heavily armored. The back perch allows a passenger, usually a gunner but sometimes a Magique.

The back thrust allows for accelerated movement making the Ciel Fourd hard to hit.

Small fleet.

I have further plans for expansion in terms of vehicles including more airships and some tanks. Hope you enjoy!
Last edited by RedRover on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: Empire Mointseeir

Post by sahasrahla » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:10 pm

this is a really cohesive army, nice

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:18 pm

My god I love this army's style. Impressive designs as usual, Red.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:24 pm

Cool, I love the army and that floor/table/whatever is beautiful.

What did you use to create the flag? Photoshop?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 pm

sahasrahla wrote:this is a really cohesive army, nice
Kommander Ken wrote:My god I love this army's style. Impressive designs as usual, Red.
Thank you!
TheVengefulOne wrote:Cool, I love the army and that floor/table/whatever is beautiful.

What did you use to create the flag? Photoshop?
The army was photographed on a lovely table my wife and I made (mostly her)

The Flag I made using a combination of an online flag making software and Microsoft word

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 pm

Solid all around, mate.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Cool army. The guns for the Avances caught my eye in particular. Well designed.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Solid all around, mate.
Zupponn wrote:Cool army. The guns for the Avances caught my eye in particular. Well designed.
Thanks gents, means a lot!

bann154
bann is the mann

Post by bann154 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:06 am

fuck me sideways.... this is beautiful! i can't... its just so damn beautiful... :shock:
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:53 am

I love it! Especially those secret police figs...

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:46 am

I also really like this, it's also fun to find an army with a foreign language that I understand.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:15 pm

This faction is so cohesive and looks really nice. I really like those guns on the Legionnaire Avances.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Really liking your soldiers, the combination of basic infantry and officers works if a great balance of variety and uniformity. The little ornithopters are neat too, great colour blocking and I love the idea of a guy in the back trying to take pot shots whilst hanging on for dear life, they really bring together the theme of the faction.

Also red and blue uniforms have a lot of pazazz.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:24 pm

motorhead fan wrote:I also really like this, it's also fun to find an army with a foreign language that I understand.
Google Translate does wonders
TastySkippy123 wrote:This faction is so cohesive and looks really nice. I really like those guns on the Legionnaire Avances.
Thanks! I really liked the guns too, I'm glad the design worked.
ikensall wrote:Really liking your soldiers, the combination of basic infantry and officers works if a great balance of variety and uniformity. The little ornithopters are neat too, great colour blocking and I love the idea of a guy in the back trying to take pot shots whilst hanging on for dear life, they really bring together the theme of the faction.

Also red and blue uniforms have a lot of pazazz.
Means a lot coming from you, seeing as you are the forum Tweepunk master and these folks are rather twee. You were the one that turned me toward the direction of color blocking, so thank you! I have a couple bigger airships, some small gliders, and a few tanks in mind.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:35 am

Everything here looks fab!
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff