Tome of Axeleron (Bookwyrm's Factions)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Re: Tome of Axeleron (Bookwyrm's Factions)

Post by Omega Prime » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

The gelatinous cube evoker's pretty cool... make it have a bunch of gelatin-related abilities and then you're onto something.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:16 am

Omega Prime wrote:The gelatinous cube evoker's pretty cool... make it have a bunch of gelatin-related abilities and then you're onto something.
How about the ability to give people mad cow disease (Anyone else remember when that was a Thing?)
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

[NEW: ISLANDER MILITIA]

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:15 pm

The Islander Militia

Overwatch and Key Faction Info:

FLAVOR TEXT AND FLUFF COMING SOON

UNITS:

Masked Warriors

Tribal Hunters

Kamohoalii Warriors

Witch Doctor

Ocean Shaman

Coconut Bomb Lobber

Fighting Idol

The Great Warriors (Heroes)

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:07 am

Everything about these tribals is great but if I had to decide which of the units is my favourite, then it'd be the Fighting Idol. I really dig how you incorporated that bonkle mask in your build.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 pm

I really like the Idol and the Ocean Shaman, the latter just because he has a pineapple in his staff. It's kinda freaky.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

i can make a hat

Bolicob12
Officer

Post by Bolicob12 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm

That's a cool use of the Nanofig, really like the look of these dudes.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Bolicob12 wrote:Nanofig
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:52 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:
I'm assuming Bolicob means that minifig trophy.

i can make a hat

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Omega Prime wrote:
TheVengefulOne wrote:
I'm assuming Bolicob means that minifig trophy.
I'm assuming minifig trophy means Nanofig.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Just got around to reading up on all the backstory and fluff you made for your armies. Absolutely love everything about this! Fantastic builds and the backstory of the Fey in particular is my favorite. :666:

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:58 pm

Updated Unit fluff for Fey and DM Guild.

Kommander Ken

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:37 am

Aw man, The Dullahan is my favorite. :666:

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

[NEW: THE ORDO LUX]

Post by Bookwyrm » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:12 pm

THE ORDO LUX

Overwatch and Key Faction Info:
The Ordo Lux is a secretive religious group that has dedicated themselves to spreading and protecting the power of the Pyre, a form of magic fueled by hope, resolve, and other positively charged emotions. The monastic group is one of the many allies of the Travelers Society, their main form of support for the adventurers being the everlasting torches the Society uses to help mark mapped areas of the Dungeon. Though they are a mostly peaceful group, preferring to spread the warmth and light of the Pyre through their sermons and hospitality, with the shadow of evil looming over Axeleron, many members of the Ordo have prepared themselves to fight the forces of chaos head on. The Ordo has Hearth Chapels built all over Avross, while the Heart of the Pyre, the great cathedral that acts as their headquarters is located in the Renlothian capital of Caerlon.

UNITS:

Hearth Chapel Guard
The Hearth Chapels of the Ordo Lux are often targeted by monsters and creatures of darkness, and though many members of the Ordo are well versed in combat, many more are pacifistic in nature, and thus these outposts tend to be quite vulnerable on their own. Due to the increased level of aggression against their people, the high ranking bishops of the group have begun to hire guards from the surrounding cities to protect the Chapels and their inhabitants from danger. These guards, while not necessarily devout disciples of the Pyre, still benefit greatly from the presence of the Ordo in their cities and thus are motivated to dutifully keep their posts.

Battle Monks
Composed largely of fighters and mages that decided to give up adventuring to spread the warmth of the Pyre, the Battle Monks are the Ordo Lux's first line of defense against the dark things of Axeleron. Like many members of the Ordo, the monks will often mount Everlasting Candles on their fighting staffs, allowing them to wield the burning essence of the Pyre more skillfully. Their proficiency in non-lethal combat is unmatched, but when facing off against creatures of darkness, these monks will not back down from taking a life with their gleaming golden blades.

Priests of the Eternal Flame
The Everlasting Candles of the Ordo Lux are one of the foremost magical artifacts created in Axeleron's modern day, as not only do they burn without consuming the candle, they also provide light that naturally deters most species of hostile monsters, making them ideal for both adventurers and the common folk. Each candle is blessed by a Priest of the Eternal Flame, and in order to retain their ceaseless light, each candle must be blessed again each year. Besides their duties, the Priests of the Eternal Flame are stalwart defenders of the Pyre capable of holding their own and weilding their staves and battle thuribles against any number of deadly enemies.

Ember Sisterhood Nuns
The Ember Sisterhood is an all female branch of the Ordo whose task is to maintain the great burning Hearths that sit at the center of the Ordo's Hearth Chapels. They train themselves to be able to go long periods without food or rest so as to dedicate more time to tending the Pyre. The only time when they leave their duties at the base of these great burning fires is when the Chapel itself is threatened. In these situations, the Ember Sisterhood Nuns take up great arbalests that fire burning coals into the ranks of the dark things that clamber at the door.

Ash Elemental
In times of most dire need, when the forces of darkness assault the Ordo Lux's larger Hearth Chapels, the high fathers and cardinals of the society will sometimes call upon the aid of ancient beings born of the Pyre itself. These spirits are native to the Pyre's dimension, and can enter our world when called, taking the form of huge burning humanoid columns of charcoal and ash. These Ash Elementals are wild and chaotic beings that scorch the land as they move and smite down any being that does not pledge its allegiance to the Pyre. They are feared and respected by the Ordo, and are not summoned except in grave situations.

Ordo Lux Leadership (Heroes)

Father Josef is the current liaison of relations between the Ordo Lux and the Kingdom of Renloth, and the High Cardinal in charge of the Heart of the Pyre. He has served the Ordo for decades, ever since he retired from adventuring following the Great Sundering. The Father is both an eloquent and effective negotiator and a cleric of tremendous power, and has overseen the expansion of the Ordo in many areas of Avross personally. He is nearly always accompanied by his phoenix companion Dawnfyre, whom he hatched as a chick many years ago.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Not sure how I missed this last one, but this is my favorite.

Also, for the trouble idol guy, I think totem might be a cooler name

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:32 am

So much win here it's too much to point out everything separately. The revenants are the most memorable to me, simple yet genius design on those guys. :) They are reminiscent of Slenderman or The Faceless in XCOM 2.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?