DRK-PT Shockwave

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Darkstorm » Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 pm

In response to the new line of SSA weaponry, especially the White Knight, the DRK has developed a new weapon:
The Portal Tank, named the DRK-PT Shockwave!

The tank fires by use of a portal system. When ammo is dropped from far above into the blue portal, it comes flying out of the red one toward, well, wherever the red one is aimed.

The tank, similar to the White Knight, uses Hover-engines.

The portal.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby TastySkippy123 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Fantastic idea mate. The only thing I would suggest is changing the front to a black piece instead of green but you probably don't have an alternative, because of low brik supply.  :fist:

Still looks epic, even with the green!
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby sahasrahla » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 pm

lol, portal cannon. awesome
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby Omega Prime » Tue May 30, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm assuming that the portal magically accelerates the projectile when fired because otherwise, in order to gain kinetic energy for inert projectiles(like bombs) you would have to drop the object from several floors up into the portal. Cool concept though!
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darkstorm » Wed May 31, 2017 7:05 am

Omega Prime wrote:I'm assuming that the portal magically accelerates the projectile when fired because otherwise, in order to gain kinetic energy for inert projectiles(like bombs) you would have to drop the object from several floors up into the portal. Cool concept though!

That's what the other portal is for- on a far away planet, possibly with higher gravity, a projectile would be dropped from the edge of a cliff and be guided by that magnetic strip (the grey tower) until it reached terminal velocity (or not if the planet has no atmosphere to slow it down), then would enter the blue portal (off-site one) and come out of the red one (the tank's one).

Also, thanks for the high praise.

TastySkippy123 wrote:Fantastic idea mate. The only thing I would suggest is changing the front to a black piece instead of green but you probably don't have an alternative, because of low brik supply.  :fist:

Still looks epic, even with the green!

you guessed it. I don't have that piece in black, and I am actually using a bit of my black elsewhere. I wanted to build in color, so this way my attempt (one brik away! (actually 3 but whatevs))
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Maraxous » Wed May 31, 2017 5:14 pm

I like the portal, is it just 1x2's and studs? Right now the portal I have looks like the Dimensions one. This one is much better.
Maraxous
Hero

Postby Darkstorm » Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Maraxous wrote:I like the portal, is it just 1x2's and studs? Right now the portal I have looks like the Dimensions one. This one is much better.

yup, just 1x2 clear transparent plates and 1x1 red transparent round plates, with a few black 1x2's on the front for appearance.
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:21 am

the green actually looks good. Also you could just line up a really big gun to the portal to accelerate the projectile while protecting the big gun
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:08 am

Ossum!
Just out of interest, do you know what powers your portal technology? Alkerian portals are powered by special PT crystals or antimatter (Antimatter and Crystals are key resources that Alkeria want to get more of)
Really good build!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby RedRover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:42 pm

This is a fun idea
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Omega Prime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Portals should have some conceivable limit though, or otherwise war would turn into a simple strategic portal placement, waiting until their guard is down, then BLAM! there's a starfleet. That would be cool, but too OP. There should be some canon drawback or something so that your empire doesn't instantly become a superpower overnight.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah... you have a point there.
I think something just as simple as a build up time might help solve that though..
What does everyone else think?
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby RedRover » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 am

We've already had a whole discussion on M-throne building warp gates in Polish and IM territory. Essentially if you want ones that can move large forces it takes a lot of energy / upkeep etc. So unless you are M-throne who has the resources of an entire galaxy, you wouldn't be able to spam these

Edit: with that being said you are the boss of your own toys so do as you wish, but if you're involving others you need their permission.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Omega Prime » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 am

RedRover wrote:We've already had a whole discussion on M-throne building warp gates in Polish and IM territory. Essentially if you want ones that can move large forces it takes a lot of energy / upkeep etc. So unless you are M-throne who has the resources of an entire galaxy, you wouldn't be able to spam these

Edit: with that being said you are the boss of your own toys so do as you wish, but if you're involving others you need their permission.

In other words, M-Throne will be M-Throne.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Return to The Armoury