DRK-PT Shockwave

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Darkstorm » Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 pm

In response to the new line of SSA weaponry, especially the White Knight, the DRK has developed a new weapon:
The Portal Tank, named the DRK-PT Shockwave!
Image

The tank fires by use of a portal system. When ammo is dropped from far above into the blue portal, it comes flying out of the red one toward, well, wherever the red one is aimed.
Image

The tank, similar to the White Knight, uses Hover-engines.
Image

The portal.
Image

Thoughts? Suggestions?
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
User avatar
Darkstorm
oh god
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm
Location: In front of my laptop

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby TastySkippy123 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Fantastic idea mate. The only thing I would suggest is changing the front to a black piece instead of green but you probably don't have an alternative, because of low brik supply.  :fist:

Still looks epic, even with the green!
User avatar
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice
 
Posts: 1240
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 9:21 pm
Location: Aussie Outback in some tin shack filled with Lego.

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby sahasrahla » Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 pm

lol, portal cannon. awesome
User avatar
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Omega Prime » Tue May 30, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm assuming that the portal magically accelerates the projectile when fired because otherwise, in order to gain kinetic energy for inert projectiles(like bombs) you would have to drop the object from several floors up into the portal. Cool concept though!
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty


Image
User avatar
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm
Location: Somewhere in space

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Darkstorm » Wed May 31, 2017 7:05 am

Omega Prime wrote:I'm assuming that the portal magically accelerates the projectile when fired because otherwise, in order to gain kinetic energy for inert projectiles(like bombs) you would have to drop the object from several floors up into the portal. Cool concept though!

That's what the other portal is for- on a far away planet, possibly with higher gravity, a projectile would be dropped from the edge of a cliff and be guided by that magnetic strip (the grey tower) until it reached terminal velocity (or not if the planet has no atmosphere to slow it down), then would enter the blue portal (off-site one) and come out of the red one (the tank's one).

Also, thanks for the high praise.

TastySkippy123 wrote:Fantastic idea mate. The only thing I would suggest is changing the front to a black piece instead of green but you probably don't have an alternative, because of low brik supply.  :fist:

Still looks epic, even with the green!

you guessed it. I don't have that piece in black, and I am actually using a bit of my black elsewhere. I wanted to build in color, so this way my attempt (one brik away! (actually 3 but whatevs))
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
User avatar
Darkstorm
oh god
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm
Location: In front of my laptop

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Maraxous » Wed May 31, 2017 5:14 pm

I like the portal, is it just 1x2's and studs? Right now the portal I have looks like the Dimensions one. This one is much better.
User avatar
Maraxous
Hero
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Darkstorm » Wed May 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Maraxous wrote:I like the portal, is it just 1x2's and studs? Right now the portal I have looks like the Dimensions one. This one is much better.

yup, just 1x2 clear transparent plates and 1x1 red transparent round plates, with a few black 1x2's on the front for appearance.
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
User avatar
Darkstorm
oh god
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:17 pm
Location: In front of my laptop

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:21 am

the green actually looks good. Also you could just line up a really big gun to the portal to accelerate the projectile while protecting the big gun
User avatar
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:08 am

Ossum!
Just out of interest, do you know what powers your portal technology? Alkerian portals are powered by special PT crystals or antimatter (Antimatter and Crystals are key resources that Alkeria want to get more of)
Really good build!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.


Have a look at my current forum battle!
User avatar
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:53 am
Location: I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere. So beware.

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby RedRover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:42 pm

This is a fun idea
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: Desert

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Omega Prime » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Portals should have some conceivable limit though, or otherwise war would turn into a simple strategic portal placement, waiting until their guard is down, then BLAM! there's a starfleet. That would be cool, but too OP. There should be some canon drawback or something so that your empire doesn't instantly become a superpower overnight.
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty


Image
User avatar
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm
Location: Somewhere in space

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:45 am

Yeah... you have a point there.
I think something just as simple as a build up time might help solve that though..
What does everyone else think?
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.


Have a look at my current forum battle!
User avatar
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:53 am
Location: I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere. So beware.

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby RedRover » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 am

We've already had a whole discussion on M-throne building warp gates in Polish and IM territory. Essentially if you want ones that can move large forces it takes a lot of energy / upkeep etc. So unless you are M-throne who has the resources of an entire galaxy, you wouldn't be able to spam these

Edit: with that being said you are the boss of your own toys so do as you wish, but if you're involving others you need their permission.
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: Desert

Re: DRK-PT Shockwave

Postby Omega Prime » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 am

RedRover wrote:We've already had a whole discussion on M-throne building warp gates in Polish and IM territory. Essentially if you want ones that can move large forces it takes a lot of energy / upkeep etc. So unless you are M-throne who has the resources of an entire galaxy, you wouldn't be able to spam these

Edit: with that being said you are the boss of your own toys so do as you wish, but if you're involving others you need their permission.

In other words, M-Throne will be M-Throne.
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty


Image
User avatar
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm
Location: Somewhere in space


Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests