Praetoria Rising [Parade Day Update]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: Praetoria Rising [Fire Support Update]

Post by dilanski » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:14 pm

Valiant wrote:
, and... aesthetically pleasing vehicle
I don't know. MBT's only look pretty until you strap an armour package onto them.

Then they start looking pretty goofy.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Eh, it's akin to winter clothing. Wear it until the environment no longer demands it :D
Right?
I think that's how it works...

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Valiant wrote:Eh, it's akin to winter clothing. Wear it until the environment no longer demands it :D
Right?
I think that's how it works...
If by winter you mean a hail of high explosive anti tank rounds.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:16 am

Damn Dilanski, Hella solid MBT right there!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Valiant
Don't Steal My Tanks (They're Copyrighted)

Post by Valiant » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Excellent indeed :)

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Two things happened "recently" that have made me make some changes to what I wanted to build. First a stack of boxes with my Warrior tanks on top collapsed, scattering them into a million pieces across my floor. I took this as a sign from the dread pirate to build something better. So as of right now I have three otherwise fully built APCs waiting on a bricklink order from Germany so that I can make the fronts less derpy. Secondly I had a battle and couldn't for the life of me find a reason to deploy the new Paladin tank. This made me realise that what I really wanted was a small Death Tank, rather than a hybrid Battle/Heavy tank. So with the pieces left over from the Warriors after the APCs were built, and the Paladin, I built a new Death Tank.
If your opponent has a stick, bring a knife
If they bring a knife, bring a gun
If they bring a gun, bring a tank
If they bring a tank. Have the bigger tank.

-Excerpt from 'Tactical Forces Composition Planning' by Idris Pilate

You see that at the front of our convoy? That’s a Warlord. It has a fusion engine that will burn anything for power. Can beat a mech over rough terrain, and plow through a house that’s in its way. Its main gun fires three different flavours of ‘fucking the enemies shit up’ and has 12 more barrels of hell to point at whatever it wants dead. Crossing through a battlefield is like a trip to the drive-through for that tank. If you are scared sitting behind it. Imagine what it is like for those in front.
-Words of an unknown commander recounted by a Marine

" They said they wanted smaller, so we gave them smaller. They said clean and simple, so we gave them clean and simple. That was our mistake, actually listening to FleetCom. No. We've built a massive armoured chassis, stuck in a fusion reactor, and given it an armament that blows every comparable Death Tank out the water. They love it. "
- PAE Systems Lead Designer, Vangelin Ward

The Warlord Death Tank came about as Marine Corps commanders wanted a platform with the same amount or more firepower as the Crusader Death Tank, but in a smaller more efficient package.

The Warlord comes equipped with a MkV Coil Eagle cannon like the Crusader, but also mounts a co-axial MkIV Gauss Hawk autocannon beside it. A pair of MkIII Rotary cannons and a MkIII Plasma Rattler rounds out the Warlords mid-end arsenal. Four MkII Vipers provide close range protection against infantry and light vehicles.

The Warlord Has a standard crew of six. A commander, driver, three gunners and an engineer. As a size 11 vehicle, the Warlord is a tough target to break, with a 4d10 armour rating. While the Crusader Death Tank remains the hardier vehicle of the two, and has arguably a better weapons loadout for close range anti-infantry fighting, the Warlord beats it for sheer firepower on the field.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Praetoria Rising [13 Barrels of Hell Update]

Post by Theblackdog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 pm

I love the combination of STD size and low profile. The rotary guns stand out as being really well built, too. I do feel like you could make the turret a little bit lower and sleeker to complement the hull shape - try placing the optics for the main cannon somewhere else on the turret so you can bring the armor plating in closer around the gun barrel.

dilanski

Re: Praetoria Rising [13 Barrels of Hell Update]

Post by dilanski » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:00 pm

" A personnel transport! A personnel transport! My empire for a personnel transport! "
-Unknown

The Raider APC is the Praetorian Marine Corps response to low utilisation of the Warrior Death Tank. Built in much greater numbers, the Raider is a lower cost, higher efficiency troop transport.

Protected by the same MkIII Rotary Cannon that the Warlord Death Tank carries, the Raider, while not equipped to fight battle tanks, can defend itself against enemy infantry and light armour. Especially when an enemy needs to chew through 8 structure levels of defences.

The Raider shares a common frame with the Commando and Cavalryman vehicles, helping with logistics. Although it is slightly larger than those vehicles due to its troop compartment. The V4 Expeditionary Armour used by Praetorian Marines is bulkier compared to most armours, reducing the Raiders capacity to 4 in a 'cozy comfort', although more can always be squeezed in if necessary. The raider has a single pilot who operates both the vehicle, and the weapon system.

dilanski

Re: Praetoria Rising [Hiding in Metal Boxes Update]

Post by dilanski » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:45 am

The year is closing out, and Ragnablok approaches. I have no idea when I'll expand Praetoria again, or if it is even worth it with the impending reset. A certain someone put the idea in my head to do an overview, and although I moaned on the discord, I had nothing better to do this morning (afternoon, I'm a lazy git).

Full Overview. Praetoria now stands a pretty large power. I'm still a few years behind some of the larger armies, and about a decade and a mortgage behind M-Throne, but I'm pretty happy with what I have now. The army totals 221U by my math, with a nice mix of Infantry, small and medium vehicles and some Death Tanks.

Infantry Overview. These are all my marines that fit the 'proper' way of making them, with mars mission torsos/legs. I have another 18 that use assorted star wars and space torsos/legs, although I am wanting to phase them out entirely.

Elite Overview. Technically the Death Squad are part of a different sub-faction, although they are included here because I've been mixing them in during battles.

Overview of smaller vehicles. Not really much to say. I'd perhaps like to add a dropship in to the mix, although that always ends up being a bigger vehicle when I have made WIPs.

There you go, a very rough overview, likely my last of 2018, unless muse strikes.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: Praetoria Rising [Parade Day Update]

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:59 am

This is a great army. Uniform aesthetic, every build is awesome individually, no inches of gun wasted anywhere. :<3:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 pm

I dig the fat-assed flyers a lot. Good combo of cool and adorable.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:23 am

AZKAMAT wrote:I dig the fat-assed flyers a lot. Good combo of cool and adorable.
Adorable isn't what I was going for with those, but I'll take it. I guess they do look short and stubby with their wide wings, although they are larger than the light tanks.

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:31 am

yeah the APCs look cute to me :3
THIS POST IS SEKURED BY SEKURE KORP.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:35 am

Gotta love Praetoria. I love how you use those turntable elements without the actual turntable. Just wanted to throw that out there. :tiger:
I probably should reassemble my army from its horrible disrepair. Hm.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Darkstorm wrote:Gotta love Praetoria. I love how you use those turntable elements without the actual turntable.
One trick is raiding PAB walls at Lego stores, and then finding what you can do with parts afterwards, although Lego had already used that particular method before. The comb armour on the Crusader came about this way.