Praetoria Rising [Parade Day Update]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Re: Praetoria Rising

Post by Captain-Camper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 am

Lol They used their new weapon Portalfucket
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:40 am

Omega Prime wrote:
dilanski wrote:
Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Can you steal whiskey from a space police station in EVE online Camps?
No?
Didn't think so.
:troll:
Can you buy a spaceship in Star Citizen without cracking open your wallet and ass cheeks for Chris Roberts?
No?
Didn't think so.
Can you have massive multi hour fleet engagements costing thousands of real dollars with several thousand ships and pilots in one system at once in star citizen?
Yes, yes you can. :lol: 8)
Hard to tell if that's sarcasm or stupidity, if that's sarcasm, well done! :tiger:
If that's stupdity... :wtf:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 am

Omega Prime wrote:
Darkstorm wrote:*ahem*
OUR WEAPON TEST HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL. WE HAVE EFFECTIVELY DESTROYED THE PRAETORIAN FLEETS. NOW THE OMEGALON FEDERATION IS THE ONLY RESISTANCE IN THE MAGIKALENNIK GALAXY!
Spoiler
Show
lol, feel free to actually make this a thing, I was just joking tho :lol:
Also, are you implying you have simply defeated one of the most powerful navies in the Galaxy, belonging to on of the older factions, with a faction who is still trying to even take over a satellite Galaxy?
Eh, have you not read my faction info? 8) :lol:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 am

Captain-Camper wrote:Lol They used their new weapon Portalfucket
XD :lol:
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness

Vami
wtf, vami

Post by Vami » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:57 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:No not Skubcitizen NOOOO! Any how well you might as well rebuild and adjust the fleet to give Vami something to steal
this post confuses me
:denied:

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Made a fake article relevant to the current situation: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 75#p344375

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:39 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:
Omega Prime wrote:
dilanski wrote:
Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Can you steal whiskey from a space police station in EVE online Camps?
No?
Didn't think so.
:troll:
Can you buy a spaceship in Star Citizen without cracking open your wallet and ass cheeks for Chris Roberts?
No?
Didn't think so.
Can you have massive multi hour fleet engagements costing thousands of real dollars with several thousand ships and pilots in one system at once in star citizen?
Yes, yes you can. :lol: 8)
Hard to tell if that's sarcasm or stupidity, if that's sarcasm, well done! :tiger:
If that's stupdity... :wtf:
But is that commonplace?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:05 am

Praetorian fighter jockeys have been chomping at the bit for years. The updated Bismuth MkIII fighter bomber was a first rate strike fighter, but it made too many sacrifices in its flight characteristics, adding size and weight to allow it to carry out every role effectively. The most renowned fighter pilots wanted something more agile and light.

Stalker Dynamics had for some time been trying to pitch a lighter fighter design, but at the time fleet command was not interested, mostly due to the restrictions of operating off of the Insolent fleet carriers. But after PAEN Systems failed to win contracts with a more radical heavier design than the Bismuth, Stalker had their foot in the door, and a revitalised vision for what a lightweight fighter would look like.

Two Ace's during all weather testing
Enter the Ace, built to be as light as possible, while running a single plasma rocket motor, that has been tuned up to get every newton of force possible from the engine. Maneuverability , acceleration and handling were the two biggest design goals, and all have been been achieved. With test pilots using numerous colourful analogies in their reports to explain the Ace’s flight characteristics.

Weapon systems are also carefully balanced, pilots asked for cannons, and so that is what Stalker Dynamics gave them, bringing forward the Plasma Cobra MkIII autocannons also found on Stalker’s Templar drones. Four MkIII rockets make up a standard loadout, with an option to swap out to two MkVI bombs.

Statcard:
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by dilanski on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:09 am

Well shit.
This is a great prompt to
A) Take more photos of my existing army
B) Expand my army.
I also have plans to get some parts and make some makeshift Praetorians...
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 am

Damn these are impressive TBD would be smiling upon you! I like subtle 40k vibe they have to them
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Well shit.
This is a great prompt to
A) Take more photos of my existing army
B) Expand my army.
I also have plans to get some parts and make some makeshift Praetorians...
done. no access to them right now though. meh

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:I like subtle 40k vibe they have to them
Huh, I actually needed to remind myself what 40K fighters looked like. Personally, I don't see much resemblance, other than perhaps the stubby nose. Actual inspiration was a mixture of the BSG Vipers, SG F-302, and the Eurocanard fighter aircraft (Gripen, Rafale; And of course of the king of fourth generation aircraft, the Typhoon). Also single engine as the F-16 is bae.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm

I was really looking at the wings and the elongated nose! 40k is famous for planes with stubby little wings that angle in the opposite direction. Now that I look at it more I see the colonial viper vibe off it! Still dig it and think it's a great fighter! Keep up the great work!

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 pm

hey dilanski?

where

is

the

fuckin

mechasaurus wrex.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:hey dilanski?

where

is

the

fuckin

mechasaurus wrex.
OK, so I did actually start working on a mecha dino superweapon, based predominantly on this render I found:
Spoiler
Show
Now this was before I had actually built any of the current Praetorian vehicles, really before the army as it currently stands existed. Ultimately I was a bit out of my game (not built properly with bricks since well before starting my degree), it proved frustrating. I wanted to make progress on the army so badly, and I realised that there is no point setting the first hurdle so high. In the end I gave up, and started on the tank that would eventually be heavily reworked into the crusader.
Spoiler
Show
I ran the above WIP past Colette, who pointed out the obvious that it looks way too chunky. I moved the turret and the sponsons forward to the crusader, and built a new chassis.
Spoiler
Show
The crusader ended up filling the 'slot' for a superweapon. So for now I want to round out the army a bit more before trying to build a bigger and more badass T-Mex. Would love to make it though, fits in nicely as an alternative to the common-or-garden giant mech.

First however I have a chassis for a fourth SHDT that needs completing. The armies current flaw is the lack of an option for absolute firepower. The Crusader is nice, but it's really geared towards fighting smaller vehicles and clearing out troops with lots of MkII weapons. While everything does have a pretty nice amount of weapon inches, it's just focused on the low end. Once that is done, a potential T-Mex can just fill the role of being pure awesome.

Also, now I am back from Bulgaria, I'll be putting up pics of my new special forces as mentioned in L00T. Just waiting for the sun so I can take some decent pictures. This is England, so that could take a while.