GT-3 "Rapier" (Now with Classic Space)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

ReconMiner
Hero

GT-3 "Rapier" (Now with Classic Space)

Post by ReconMiner » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Designed for flanking, this vehicle uses a combination of a lightweight frame and multiple anti-gravity thrusters to outrun and outmaneuver more heavily armed craft. Using a target computer linked to a smart glass windshield, the entire tank can be controlled and aimed by one pilot, allowing for precise targeting while on the move

Stats
Size-4
Move-14 in
Armor-2d10
Weapons- 2 twin lasers (size 1 guns)
1 heavy cannon (Size 2) (HEAT, flechette, and incendiary round available)
Coaxial shotgun (Size 2)
Special- Target Link: When two vehicles with this ability are within 10 inchs LOS (line of sight), they are able to share targeting data (+1 for to-hit rolls for any shots made by linked vehicles)

The design was inspired by the 40k series of Eldar grav tanks and my first SNOT build. Critique of stats/design would be appreciated
Last edited by ReconMiner on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Gladius Industries
"Sometimes, bigger is better"

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Re: Rapier Grav Tank

Post by Maraxous » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:39 pm

Great design! I'm loving all the tanks popping up lately. :tiger:

Caelondian
Champion
Champion

Post by Caelondian » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Looking good! I really dig that main gun design. Looks like it could do with some explosives, but that's just me. Anyway, it seems good stats-wise, and build-wise the only issue I see is the older grey blocks in the left side. Can't wait for more!

ReconMiner
Hero

Post by ReconMiner » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Caelondian wrote:Looking good! I really dig that main gun design. Looks like it could do with some explosives, but that's just me. Anyway, it seems good stats-wise, and build-wise the only issue I see is the older gray blocks in the left side. Can't wait for more!
Thanks, the slight discoloration may partly be due to lighting and that I wasn't paying too close attention to slight color differences.
Gladius Industries

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:00 am

OSSUM!!

I'm going to give this...

Style:8
Substance:6
Photography:7

Really good!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am

I like it a lot as is, but I think some color would benefit it greatly. It feels a little... "untextured" (for a lack of a better word) in all grey.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

ReconMiner
Hero

Post by ReconMiner » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:17 am

Zahru II wrote:I like it a lot as is, but I think some color would benefit it greatly. It feels a little... "untextured" (for a lack of a better word) in all grey.
I was planning on adding some striping to the wings. Light Grey happened to be one of the colors I just finished sorting my collection.
Gladius Industries

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:36 am

ReconMiner wrote:
Zahru II wrote:I like it a lot as is, but I think some color would benefit it greatly. It feels a little... "untextured" (for a lack of a better word) in all grey.
I was planning on adding some striping to the wings. Light Grey happened to be one of the colors I just finished sorting my collection.
I was thinking it would benefit from some transparent pieces to represent the hover drives underneath
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:42 am

Sweet tank I like the turret a classic design but it complements the vehicle well! Also Hiremas you know we don't just give those scores arbitrarily those are for the Blarney Buildoff
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 am

Captain-Camper wrote:Sweet tank I like the turret a classic design but it complements the vehicle well! Also Hiremas you know we don't just give those scores arbitrarily those are for the Blarney Buildoff
You WHAT???
But....but....
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

ReconMiner
Hero

Post by ReconMiner » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Omega Prime wrote:
ReconMiner wrote:
I was thinking it would benefit from some transparent pieces to represent the hover drives underneath
There are actually 6 clear window pieces underneath. A lot nicer than messing around with tank tread wheels
Gladius Industries

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Oh god. Don't get me started about tank treads. :roll:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:29 pm

ReconMiner wrote:
Omega Prime wrote:
ReconMiner wrote:
There are actually 6 clear window pieces underneath. A lot nicer than messing around with tank tread wheels
I meant putting ornamental transparent elements, like br, to make it look like there were engines
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

ReconMiner
Hero

Post by ReconMiner » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:26 pm

How about a couple of GT powered thrusters?
Gladius Industries

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 pm

Ooh!
Me likey!!
:lol: