Dienekes Sci-Fi Factions

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Dienekes Sci-Fi Factions

Post by Dienekes22 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 am

The Skion

The Skion, named after the planet from which they hail, spent the majority of their history living in a utopian society. They built great structures high into the air on their home planet and its twin moons, Eelia and Eylea. They eradicated war, strife, and disease. They built and they built, their booming population living comfortably in mega structures. They mastered magic and science and quietly closed off their armouries and repurposed their factories for an eternity of peace.

The Great Peace lasted until the Swarm came.

In great hives of living, throbbing masses, monsters of hate and horror landed on Skion. They tore into the populace with teeth and tusk, blood running thick in the streets of a utopia that had forgotten how to fight.

As the screams echoed in the dark, the Skion remembered how to make war.

The armouries were broken open and the factories restarted. The Skion waged total war on their brooding foe until, at last, the Enemy broke and died in a hail of gunfire and flame.

Now the Skion remember their bloodlust and look to the stars, blood and thunder in their eyes as they launch their newly built warships into the sky.

His Serenity, Ruler of All Skion
The Great Leader of Skion wields a devastating staff in battle. His armour is thicker and stronger than any other manufactured on Skion. He wields dual pistols when necessary, stored securely on his jump pack.

Skulna, War Queen
Skulna has the privilege of first blood and draws it with the help of her terror-sowing Valkyrie.

Eldon, Saw of the Army
Spoiler
Show
Eldon was at one time a regular infantryman. He launched himself into legend when, during one particularly blood struggle, he rigged his own war-staff and shredded the Swarm into legend. He would eventually craft his own armour from the scraps of fallen Devastators. He is the greatest Hero in army and paints his face as a skull, a sign of his ability on the field.
He is now lost to Warhead.
Dienekes bears an OTC chainsaw and axe in defense of his homeworld. When that fails he wields a deadly chaingun from his shoulder. Like Eldon, he repurposed Devastator armor during The First War.
Spoiler
Show
Elyana, Wielder of the Fire
Elyana is among the greatest magik users in all Skion. Planets break at her will.

Devastator Strike Troopers: Into Their Teeth with Bloody Fists
Devastators are masters of melee combat. They revel in the cleaving of axe against flesh. Their armour is slow and heavy so they fly into the foe with short-range jump packs.

Officers
With helms of blue the Officers lead their troops to war

Infantry
Regular infantry bear the colors of Skion to the depths of space and the heights of war.
Spoiler
Show
Mediks
The maroon armor of the Medik is a salvation and a curse.

Heavy Troopers
Heavy Troopers carry repeating rocket launchers, heavy machine guns, and belt-fed chain guns into battle.
Spoiler
Show
Eagles and Scouts
"Eagle" Sniper and Marskman squads sing death from afar with bullet and missile. Special chassis on the shooter's armour takes the weight of the large weapon allowing it to be used more effectively. They are aided by Scouts and Pathfinders.
Spoiler
Show
Battle Mages and Priests
Wielding magik and mystical weapons, the Battle Mages and Battle Priests form the magikal backbone of the army.

Tactical Squads

Gray Wolves: To Bite and Break
Wolf squads carry shotguns and melee weapons and are experts in trench fighting. Their support trooper wields armour piercing rockets. Wolf officers mount bayonets on their shotguns, all the better to bathe in the blood of the enemy.

Orange Phoenix: Brutal Immolation
Sometimes one support unit is not enough. Phoenix troopers go into battle with a flamethrower and incendiary rockets. The officer has a shotgun mounted underneath her rifle.

Black Wyvern: Terror and Venom in the Night
Stealth troopers shrouded in secrecy. Their support uses corrosive tipped explosives.

Sentinels
Sentinels are guard platforms. They hold the line when little else can.
Spoiler
Show
((Gone but not forgotten))
Spoiler
Show
Champion Marines: Brutality and Endless Violence
Champion Marines are the crown jewel of Skion military operations. They follow a secretive code of conduct in battle that, to the uninformed observer, appears to value blood and fire above all else. They are the Great Hammers of Skion, tearing tirelessly into their enemies. When all seems lost look to the sky and hope the Champions are coming to save you. (The credit for this one goes to Becheman)
The mechanical corps of the Skion war machine are masters at the operation of numerous weapons platforms. Mortars provide close support to infantry operations, Fury Class Artillery deals explosive death from long range, and machine guns rip and tear. They use All Purpose Truck/Transports criss cross the battlefield with support and munitions. The troopers are often protected by "spider" constructs as they do their deadly work.

Thunder Templar Heavy Tank
The Thunder Templar is a veteran of a thousand fields in a hundred campaigns. One main cannon, four sponson-mounted guns, a flamethrower, and a coaxial machine gun pound its enemies to dist. On the rear is mounted two magical countermeasure systems to prevent enemy ordinance from striking.

Paladin Light Tank
The Paladin provides support for its much heavier brothers but is no slouch in battle. It cannot compete with the Thunder Templar in fury or defense, but with great speed it outmaneuvers the foe.

Crusader Mech: Lords of War
The Crusader is a walking monstrosity of hatred and fire. It bears a battle-cannon, power sword, and missile pod launchers.

Spoiler
Show
The Skion march into the sky, eyes burning for war.
Last edited by Dienekes22 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Re: Dienekes Sci-Fi Factions

Post by Dienekes22 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 am

The Swarm brought war to Skion for the first time in a millennia. They travel through space in giant organic constructions which drop onto planets and deposit millions of horrors that devour and destroy anything they find.

The scrambling creeps known as Scuttlers are what first gave the Swarm their name. They swarm about, vermin of the most disgusting order. Their hordes overwhelm almost any defense.

The shock troops of the Swarm are known as Hellions. Their exposed "ribs" function as a tough shield against harm. Quick and terrible are their attacks.
(Somehow I only ordered enough rib pieces for one Hellion....)

Biological artillery beasts launch acid attacks from afar. Limbs stretch from their legs to their torso to strengthen their frames for the shock of their attacks. They're known as Rainmakers.

Titans are the toughest, nastiest, and most brutal members of the Swarm. Four giant claws can rip through tanks and their tough hides can shrug off immense punishment. They're opportunistic fighters, waiting until their enemy is worn down from repeated waves of Scuttlers and Hellions.

Woe betide the inhabitants of a world set upon by the Swarm.

The Dominion of the Eagle

The Dominion occupies only her home solar system but have recently begun streatching their influence even further. The Dominion's homeworld, Hobos, is orbited by a sentient moon known as Evana, the Eagle of Omens and Dreams, so named for the pattern of craters that long ago were visible on her surface. The Dominion worships her and are united in this reverence. It was Evana that taught the Dominion to move past their world into the stars, colonizing the system in pursuit of greater advancement beyond the sun.

The Dominion is ruled by a council of elders and religious leaders called The Eyrie, chaired by the Emperor. The will and instructions of Evana are interpreted by the High Priestess, who sits apart from The Eyrie yet still holds considerable sway over its dealings.

The Dominion encountered the Skion during their expansion. Rather than committing to battle, so numerous were the legions of Skion, the Dominion instead sued for peace and an alliance was formed. The Dominion now joins the Azure Compact in their war in the stars.

The High Priestess, Interpreter of Evana's Will
Raynia is the current High Priestess. While she rarely sees battle, her skills in divination and the magikal arts make her a formidable foe.

Artor, Hero of the Eagle
Plus a costume change:
Artor has long held the position of the Dominion's greatest warrior.

Officers

Infantry

Melee Infantry

Medics

Flamethrower

Heavies
Rockets and machine guns tear the foe asunder.

Avis-class hardsuits, for speed and flight

Legion-class hardsuits, to hold the line

Spatha-class hardsuits, to break and to rend

Bulwark-class Mech: Peacemaker

Overwatch:

Cameos

Imperial Magikstrate

Empire of Luchardsko

Minaglacia

Neo-Prussian Empire

Brootalz

Immortal Empire: Lambda Legion
Last edited by Dienekes22 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sci-Fi Factions -

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 am

For being quite stormie/SW-heavy, these infantry designs are dope. Well done!
I also dig the goofy proportions of the Thunder Templar and the overloaded Crusader mech.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 am

I agree.
THIS.....IS....OSSUM!!!
:666:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it
Location: Somewhere between fallout 3, skyrim, and brikwars...

Post by TheAtomikpunk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:19 am

Duude....... :tiger: :studgod:
My Stuff
"Remember Vegetables, Stay in Drugs, Don't do kids, and eat your school."

Wise man once said, " Tl;dr the entire rulebook is fudge."

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 am

dammmmmnnnnnnnn
you should join the Kult of Darkness with this stuff- we could use the Ossum.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:59 pm

holy shit man, these are great

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Thanks guys, been wanting to get these posted for a long time now and I'm glad you like what you see.

Thank goodness for the myriad of clones/stormtroopers that have been produced, too bad they're all so expensive.

The Thunder Templar is my best work, I think. I'm glad I stopped trying to build realistic tanks (that I have no talent or eye for) and just had fun with it.
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sci-Fi Factions -

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Post by Maraxous » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:24 pm

These are all great, the oversized weapons are ossum. This faction might be the most brikwarsyest thing I've seen. :tiger:

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:53 pm

This is great. The giant guns you gave everything look like they could take on a tank! Honestly, great job. :666: Continue with your Ossumness.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:07 pm

Darkstorm wrote:dammmmmnnnnnnnn
To Join Edgy Dark Team call 1-800-NewbSquad
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 am

Captain-Camper wrote:
:tiger:
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:57 am

Omega Prime wrote:
Captain-Camper wrote:
:tiger:
:asterios: :roll:
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Wow, great job. The infantry are awesome, perfect use of clone bodies. Everything about this faction is epic.

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Updated photos for the Skion and added the Swarm and some Space Orks.
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sci-Fi Factions -