Rhydonian Space Force stat cards.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Rhydonian Space Force stat cards.

Postby Darkfrost » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:01 pm

As the title says, these are the stat cards for my army, might do a real armoury post with them one day, but anyways:
https://ibb.co/dmgPza
There my main fighting force, I'm probably gonna nerf them to only have 4 speed, bolt lazers are a custom weapon my friend uses, and there way to OP, so this is a counter kind of.
I currently have 20 of these
https://ibb.co/jQOtsv
so these guys use another custom weapon! DMR's or Extra large ranged weapons.
DMR's can shoot 20 inches and deal 1D6 damage, gonna make the units have three armor and 4 move as a debuff.
Sometimes I use them as one extra squad member, or as there own group.
I have four of them.
https://ibb.co/nqkv5F
https://ibb.co/cu4Bea
Drop troops!
The way my Drop troops work is described on the Drop pods stat card.
My hero is a cool looking Drop troop with lazer sword shot guns.
I'm not gonna nerf them as there literally my most elite troops.
I have four counting my hero.
https://ibb.co/irKNkF
And finally our armor, the Snowfox is a beast, though the stat cards pic isn't the finished model. it doesn't look  very nice,but with VTOL and hover tech, and a gun that can defeat my friends awesome 36 max damage bolt laser mech,(and sometimes take shots from them) she's a beast to behold, I also armed it with
a flak gun later on(to counter his fighter).
I have one of these and am currently designing a modified version( like a panzer 3 and a panzer 3 A), With armor plating and a custom thing(like radar etc.) that can let it still hover, and move albeit at a slower pace.
Darkfrost
Champion
Champion

Re: Rhydonian Space Force stat cards.

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:13 pm

cool troops! Can we get an Overwatch?

The colour coordination on the soldiers is great, the tanks is very tall but that works to make it look like a mobile fortress and not just a boring generic tank although it could benefit from some studs not on top(SNOT) building techniques. I'd try swapping out those tan bricks for a more fitting colour if I were you
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Darkfrost » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:42 pm

AnnoyedZebra wrote:cool troops! Can we get an Overwatch?

The colour coordination on the soldiers is great, the tanks is very tall but that works to make it look like a mobile fortress and not just a boring generic tank although it could benefit from some studs not on top(SNOT) building techniques. I'd try swapping out those tan bricks for a more fitting colour if I were you

I'm actually working on that, and I'm stating that this is one of the Fleet/forces older tanks.
Problem is the only way I can afford bricks is going to garage sales, and you can't really pick what's in that huge bin.
And for the over watch, sure, but It will probably be a pre battle setup, as I'm going to have a battle with the guy I play with in like, 40 minutes., ill ask him for a over watch for his guys I guess to.
Darkfrost
Champion
Champion

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Darkfrost wrote:
AnnoyedZebra wrote:cool troops! Can we get an Overwatch?

I'm actually working on that, and I'm stating that this is one of the Fleet/forces older tanks.
Problem is the only way I can afford bricks is going to garage sales, and you can't really pick what's in that huge bin.
And for the over watch, sure, but It will probably be a pre battle setup, as I'm going to have a battle with the guy I play with in like, 40 minutes., ill ask him for a over watch for his guys I guess to.

Great stuff here, some more pics of the tank would also be desired.  :tiger:
RedRover wrote:Everything's better without pants.

My Factions, Cameo Forces, and Other Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Captain-Camper » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:34 pm

TFW they aren't wearing short shorts
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby Darkfrost » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 pm

After that battle I've decided to not nerf the sniper to 3 health(And yell at my friend that 2d6 is way to op for bolt lasers).
Here's the overwatch!
https://i.imgur.com/QSCGIzX.jpg
Darkfrost
Champion
Champion

Postby TastySkippy123 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:45 am

The insect alien snipers are a really great idea and work surprisingly well with the main troopers.  :studgod:
TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:26 pm

looking good
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Re: Rhydonian Star Force stat cards.

Postby Darkfrost » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm

After that battle I've decided that to stand up to a Bolt lasers level of firepower, the SnowFox needs armor, so I made some stuff to fit the lore and tried Zebra's SNOT suggestion and voila, we get the SnowFox A, or Type A.
Background lore:
During the early days or Rhydonia, we were just fighting for independence against the rule of Blank nation, eventually we needed armor, and after a few previous models the SnowFox was built.

After we had gained complete control over the planet, and had begun a small stellar nation, the enemies we began to face had the firepower to demolish a SnowFox quickly... and so until a new tank could be designed the Type A upgrade was created, and applied to most still active(quite a few) SnowFox's... the battalion I fight with currently has a very early prototype turret of the new Magik assisted tank line, with the SnowFox type A's body.

As we have are just now starting a slightly FTL drive, and though communication is far past that, we take quite awhile to equip far out military battalions with new tech...

https://ibb.co/caWOC5
Darkfrost
Champion
Champion

Postby Darthnox129 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:20 pm

That new tank looks really cool, but I find that hover tanks look much better when they aren't just flat on the bottom, it makes it look like a gun emplacement. Try making a stand to hold the tank up from the middle and building some hover engines that attach underneath? It's totally up to you, I just find that tanks with no detailing on the bottom are kind of boring. I love your army though. By the way, where you talk about reducing the die size on the bolt lazers, does that mean they are a weapon that deals 1d6 damage per inch of distance to the target? Because if so, that is UTTERlY broken and you are entitled by the rulebook to kick your friend in the shins without repercussion.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Darthnox129
Officer

Postby Darkfrost » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Actually it has one, I just couldn't find it when I was taking the pictures, aswell as I'm still getting see through bricks.
it also has Hover engines.
You can see this in my overwatch.

Aswell for bolt lazers, yes it kinda is, he changes the rules everytime because he is "To lazy to write down its rules", it started as a D4 per inch that gained a dice on a 4, and could select a totally different target to apply remaining damage to.

and no, its currently just a 1d6 per size" that can be held by figs, and can retarget that damage, so he always has 2d6 size ones.

if its not handheld(i.e. Minifig or mech with hands holding it like a gun) its 1d4 per inch, that can shoot super far and instantly reaches its target.
Darkfrost
Champion
Champion

Return to The Armoury