My Brikwars Army

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

My Brikwars Army

Postby ninja_bait » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Just wanted to show off my pretty boss army to you all.  I call it "Legofleet."  It features two capital ships, the USS Courageous and the USS Confident.  Each ship is supported by a small fleet of space superiority fighters and a crew of pilots and mechanix.  I didn't show their guns here but obviously they all carry guns when they are not flying circles around their enemies.

Just to the left of the crew, you will see the most advanced fighter in the fleet, featuring full-sized laser cannons, a mild understanding of symmetry, and fancy controls.  It is loosely based on the spacecraft of Spaceman Spiff.

The Legofleet fights day and night to protect minifigs throughout the galaxy from time-traveling monsters and Professor Snape.

For those of you not up to date with your Legofleet history, here is Professor Snape:

ninja_bait
Hero

Re: My Brikwars Army

Postby Darthnox129 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:14 pm

ninja_bait wrote:For those of you not up to date with your Legofleet history, here is Professor Snape:

That is Professor Quirrel, not Professor Snape. Also, while this is a nice start to an army, I would recommend trying to start with a small force including creations that look nice, since while you do have more than one large starship, they do not have roofs and look rather clunky. Maybe start by building one and making it look more complete and uniform. With the relatively small number of crew you have it seems weird to have two ships above starfighter size (I don't really know what to call this class of ship as it is larger than a bomber, smaller than a corvette, and doesn't really seem like a shuttle.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Darthnox129
Officer

Postby TheVengefulOne » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 pm

There's always potential for improvement. In your case I would recommend looking into building techniques such as SNOT and color blocking.

Also, perhaps those ships would work better in microscope?

Edit: Microscope wtf? I meant microscale.
sahasrahla wrote:capitalism is just the worst

A Directory of All My Crap: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 am

Nice Start! I actually quite like the rainbowism, you could make it a theme of your faction if you want. Make sure to get soon roofs on these starship though.  BTW, what kind of infantry do you have? Merely out of curiosity...
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby ninja_bait » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:11 am

Hey, thanks for the very constructive feedback everyone!

Darthnox129 wrote:That is Professor Quirrel

Don't mess with my Kanon.  It is  :srs:

Darthnox129 wrote:Maybe start by building one and making it look more complete and uniform.

Good idea, thanks!

TheVengefulOne wrote:Also, perhaps those ships would work better in microscale.

Hmm... No,  I will probably go bigger!  :studgod:

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Make sure to get soon roofs on these starship though.

:commonsense: Yes, of course now that I am looking at others' creations, roofs seem requisite.
ninja_bait
Hero

Postby Darthnox129 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Also, as mentioned above check out advanced building techniques. They make everything you build so much better. I get that they can be difficult but if you look around the web at some of the creations of collectors and pro builders you will be amazed by what is possible with the LEGO system. Being able to build up at angles, build off the sides of a creation, and generally use techniques besides just stacking bricks takes MUCH longer but it changes your creations from being blocky and somewhat decent-looking to appearing like the actual thing. If you have lots of spare time and are serious about building, I also recommend using LDD (Lego Digital Designer) to test your builds before making them in real life, it is a free download from the LEGO website. While it takes a while, it allows you to experiment with different variations until you find what you like.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Darthnox129
Officer

Postby Omega Prime » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:51 pm

don't forget color blocking! search it up!
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:51 am

Even better, get stud.io, it isn't a virus (Get it on the bricklink website) and it works out costs if you buy on bricklink, all the dimensions, weight etc
Plus you can even order directly from stud.io and have the parts delivered (LDD used to do that but they stopped  :fist: )
And it's free.

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:43 am

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Even better, get stud.io, it isn't a virus (Get it on the bricklink website) and it works out costs if you buy on bricklink, all the dimensions, weight etc
Plus you can even order directly from stud.io and have the parts delivered (LDD used to do that but they stopped  :fist: )
And it's free.

You forgot to mention that it includes built-in POV-Ray, for rendering sexy models. Get Stud.io!
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby ninja_bait » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:57 am

Omega Prime wrote:You forgot to mention that it includes built-in POV-Ray, for rendering sexy models. Get Stud.io!

That's hawt!  Sounds like a great tool.
ninja_bait
Hero

Postby ninja_bait » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 am

Hey so I updated my army, take a look and let me know what you think!  From left to right, the squads are: shock trooper division, commando team, militia infantry, a team of bounty hunters, and regular infantry.  I also added a small mech, two skimmer-type vehicles, and two armed trucks.  Front and center is my sigfig, and his motorcycle.  I haven't abandoned the spaceships of Legofleet, just still working on them a bit.  Takes a long time to get roofing done.

Here's a better picture of me:

A better picture of the bounty hunters (you can tell they are bounty hunters because they each have two guns and a backpack):

A picture of one of the skimmers (I tried out "SNOT" for this one, pretty neat):

ninja_bait
Hero

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:51 am

Wow! These look really good!  :tiger:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Cakeman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:48 pm

The bountyhunter to the left is the main man!
Cakeman
Nice TRIPS

Postby DJ Squidley » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:25 pm

What is this heresy?!  Yellows working alongside peaches?!  Army looks great though, I like the militia, looks very rag-tag.
DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:47 am

massive improvement! It looks really good
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Next

Return to The Armoury