Cobalt Dynamix 8th Expeditionary Task Force

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Roghex
Battlefield General

Cobalt Dynamix 8th Expeditionary Task Force

Post by Roghex » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:24 pm

The 8th Expeditionary Task Force in one of hundreds of such groups utilized by Cobalt Dynamix. The role of any particular Task Force can range from money laundering and narcotics trafficking, to political lobbying. Task Forces are the primary implement that Cobalt Dynamix’s Board of Directors use to further their nefarious ends(some suspect that board of directors take orders from the sadistic Pacifass). The 8th Expeditionary Task Force is deployed for item acquisition and corporate sabotage.

Infantry:
Spoiler
Show
The ones on the left like to think that they are more elite that the ones one the right, but really they’re all just fodder.
Hardsuits:
Spoiler
Show
As per popular demand, Cobalt Dynamix is re-releasing the Ajax Mk-III!

Originally developed over 25 years ago, the Mk-III was originally implemented as a cutting-edge war machine.
However, it is the rugged durability of this hardsuit that truly cemented its place in interstellar warfare, and allows it to remain in the line of fire 25 years after its deployment!
Though its inertial stabilizers are not as advanced as the newer line of Cobalt products, the Mk-III was amongst the first products to utilized this technology.
These stabilizers make the Mk-III an excellent heavy weapons platform!
The Ajax Mk-III, the perfect stock hardsuit for any budget conscious, militia, rebel group, paramilitary organisation, police force, secret police force, corporate police force, death squad, religious extremist, political action committee, bodyguard service, pirate crew, or regular military!
The CEO of Cobalt Dynamix requested the inclusion of the following message:
“If your organization was not named above the Mk-III is still available for purchase”
Mechs:
Spoiler
Show
After seven years of continuous development, Cobalt Dynamix is finally making the Ganymede-VI available for purchase!

The Ganymede was envisioned as a bridge between the larger mechs of Cobalt and the smaller hardsuits, a product that has the features of a full-sized mech, and is close in size and cost to hardsuit.
The Ganymede achieves this balance through the use of the specially developed Scutum Ballistic Shield.
The Scutum is capable of deflecting energy based attacks…
...and withstanding ordinance.
Not a scratch!
(Extra Pics)
Aircraft:
Spoiler
Show
Skerion-IX
The Skerion-IX is Cobalt Dynamix’s most sophisticated airframe yet!
Cobalt Dynamix has long viewed transparent windscreens as a vulnerability in its aircraft, and has, therefore, designed the Skerion without such a weakness.
The Skerion is equipped with both a Heavy Pulse Gatling, and with two anti-aircraft missiles.
This loadout makes the Skerion particularly suited for strafing actions against ground units.
Bronte-I
The Bronte-I is one of Cobalt Dynamix’s oldest designs, and is in the process of being phased out in favor of a yet-to-be developed VTOL.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4363/369 ... cb_o_d.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4414/363 ... 21_o_d.jpg
Ship:
Spoiler
Show
In addition to manufacturing in-atmosphere hardware, Cobalt Dynamix produces some of the most state-of-the-art spacecraft, of which the Bucephalus-Class Corvette is one of the smaller.
Although the Bucephalus-Class is neither the heaviest armed nor armored corvette on the market, it makes up for that with two massive thrusters.
The Bucephalus Class is armed with two forward-facing laser gun emplacement, with one dorsal laser turret, and with a nose-mounted missile launcher.
The interior is mostly empty, but at least it’s very accessible.
It does have some cool doors, though.
Hero:
Spoiler
Show
The 8th Expeditionary Task Force is lead by Agent Chlorine. Agent Chlorine reports to Observer Cesium and Case Officer Tungsten, both of whom are very mysterious and very corporate. Presently, Agent Chlorine has been allocated the frustratingly ambiguous mission of preserving the Intellectual property of Cobalt Dynamix, and seizing any relevant property of others.
Spoiler
Show
lowkey here for the fluff...

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: Cobalt Dynamix 8th Expeditionary Task Force

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:05 am

This shit is :666: !!!
The Hardsuits, the infantry, the corvette, and damn, that's a pretty fuckin' good starfighter!
I also approve greatly of the "Flashman" books in the background, proving you aren't just a pretty army...
:sparta:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Good stuff, some of the designs are rather inspired.

I for one welcome a new corporate competitor to the BrikVerse. My current Immortal War campaign is actually focused on corporate sabotage.

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 pm

The aircraft are :666: Keep up the good work!
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Archduke
a line of angrily mashed out gibberish

Post by Archduke » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Very cool. Perhaps Space Austria would like to get to know this task force
Natalya wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm
Why would anyone get banned for this?
Image Image

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:40 am

The Alkerians would do almost anything for that Bronte-1
We could ship you a crate full of antimatter? :mrgreen:

The crate is just for the design of course
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Roghex
Battlefield General

Post by Roghex » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm

I'd be down for some antimatter...
Spoiler
Show

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Where did you get the name "Bucephaelus" from? Is it from Starcraft or am I just reading into your choice of words way too much?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Roghex
Battlefield General

Post by Roghex » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:28 pm

Bucephalus was the name of Alexander the Great's horse(It means ox-headed). I get most all of the names for my things from Greek mythology.
Spoiler
Show

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:59 am

Roghex wrote:Bucephalus was the name of Alexander the Great's horse(It means ox-headed). I get most all of the names for my things from Greek mythology.
Although I take many names from the old Alkerian language, I also use words from Greek mythology (Such as in the Damocles class starship) and even that language used so commonly across the brikverse, it has many names, but the most popular is....
Spoiler
Show
Anger-leash