Vengeance Class Nuclear Attack Submarine

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

militaryfreak
Officer

Vengeance Class Nuclear Attack Submarine

Post by militaryfreak » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Commissioned in 1996 at Toroshima Royal Shipyards, the Vengeance Class of nuclear attack submarines are the silent killers of the South Mirthanese navy. It carries a mix of armaments with a crew of 58. The Vengeance class weighs almost 2000 long tons, has a top speed of 24 knots (27 mph), and a max dive depth of 900 feet. There have been 12 commissioned, without a single ship loss. The Vengeance measures at a length of 147 studs with a width of 12 studs.

With a speed of 24 knots, cavitation (pressure bubbles created by displaced water) is a real concern, which can be detrimental to the silence of a submarine. To help combat this, the submarine uses a skewback propeller design to lessen the effects of cavitation at shallower depths.

The Vengeance Class has 4 torpedo tubes capable of firing both cruise missiles and torpedoes. The tubes have also been used on occasion to deploy divers. The ship also carries magazine space for 20 addtional weapons.

With Nuclear propulsion, the Vengence class only needs to refuel once every 90 years. Many expressed concern over the if the ship were to sink. However the problem is minimal, the sea already contains trillions of tons of natural radioactive material, a few tons more will do nothing, and the ocean remains an infinite source of cooling and prevents meltdown.

in addition to soundproofing, to reduce noise, The Vengeance is also covered in anechioc tiles to reflect incoming sonar. (in case you're wondering, over 1600 1x1 tiles were used.)

The Conning tower is where the captain and a small number of staff commands the submarine. It contains communication lines to all decks and stations on the ship

For various purposes, the sub carries a periscope, although its seldomly used in combat.

The Conning tower houses a radar mast, which can be raised to detect enemy ships using radar.

Vengeance Class Submarine beside Unyielding Class Corvette, and Valiance Class Destroyer
"The crashing arrival of a large stone does much to humble an arrogant foe"

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Re: Vengeance Class Nuclear Attack Submarine

Post by subyrally » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 pm

that is pretty badass. does it have a usable interior or is it just an exterior?
"Warning: Small children may present a choking hazard when consumed."

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Looks cool!

anechoic

I worked in a defense contractor once and they had a 100 x 50 x 30 foot high anechoic room.
They used it for testing antennas, sending and receiving signals.
Thousands of 30" long foam pyramids everywhere.

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 pm

This is really cool!

I also couldn't help but notice your other models on the table near the submarine and the destroyer. Did you buy all that or did you get from someone? Were do you buy your bricks?

Again, this is cool!
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Post by Steel_Valkyrie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Jesus fucking Christ.

militaryfreak
Officer

Post by militaryfreak » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:This is really cool!

I also couldn't help but notice your other models on the table near the submarine and the destroyer. Did you buy all that or did you get from someone? Were do you buy your bricks?

Again, this is cool!
All South Mirthanese models (apart from the Harrier Jets) are all my own designs, built in LDD and then parts purchased over bricklink. Theres also a small family-run lego store near where I live, and I occasionally buy parts there. Any historical models, such as the T-72, M60, Panzer IV etc. are bought from brickmania, (with exception of my M113) though I sometimes add a few of my own modifications to them.

militaryfreak
Officer

Post by militaryfreak » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Tzan wrote:Looks cool!

anechoic

I worked in a defense contractor once and they had a 100 x 50 x 30 foot high anechoic room.
They used it for testing antennas, sending and receiving signals.
Thousands of 30" long foam pyramids everywhere.
Thats very cool. and it seems I made a spelling error. most Submarines used anechoic patterns like you mentioned as soundproofing to limit noise, on the outside the tiles are rubber sheets filled with air bubbles.

Heres some videos for y'all if you're curious about how military submarines work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqK8_6ItGwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_jNPm0NFtE

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Holy shit, where in the world do you find all the time to do such good work? Holy hell, this is amazing!
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

DJ Squidley
Nobody suspects a thing

Post by DJ Squidley » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Woof woof, that's a sexy sub.