[JJJ18]Blood Harvest 2: The Harvestening

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

[JJJ18]Blood Harvest 2: The Harvestening

Postby Roghex » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:16 am

“And I gazed into the heavens and sighted the sign of the lord, and the lord said unto his priest: “go forth with your warriors, and your chariots, and your beasts of war, and render unto the lord, your master, whose name is Solek and who reigns from Xolotlan, a great bounty of blood and viscera, and flesh, and make of it a great heap which neither man nor beast should approach, least they incur the wrath of the lord, and it shall be caused to fester and to rot, and a great exhalation shall emerge from it, and many shall complain of the stench saying:”this grotesque that has been brought into the city in which we live shall bring a pestilence upon us and shall bring a poison unto the earth” and they will beseech you mightily to remove the heap, and you shall say unto them “It is this thing that the lord, whose name is Solek, requires of you”, and you shall make it known that any man who approaches the heap shall be put to death. And the heap shall sink for 40 days and 40 nights, and after the 40th night the I shall place my splendor upon the heap, and cause a great immolation to be brought upon it and it shall burn and a great amount of smoke shall pour fourth and shall settle in your dwelling places, and on you tables, and on the hearths where you cook your meat, and from the heap shall emerge the avatar of the lord, who has been appointed to rule over you, and who shall bring woe unto the enemies of the children of Solek, and who shall reign in Kah-Namotlan for a thousand years””

-73rd prophecy of the temple priest Itztl, recorded on the 8th stele in the Complex of the Solar Radiance in the city of Techtitan.

Lesser Photos(there's only one tho...)
Spoiler: show
Hey! Look at me! I figured out how to adjust the colors!
Spoiler: show
lowkey here for the fluff...
Roghex
Battlefield General

Re: [JJJ18]Blood Harvest 2: The Harvestening

Postby Zupponn » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Oooooo... STYLIZED!
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Kommander Ken » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Style – 6/10
Interesting and mysterious setup. I like how you used that red modified 1x1 as the minifig’s heart.

Substance – 6/10
I like the symmetry of the altar, it being a simple and effective build overall.

Photography – 6/10
Just going off the original photo, its super bright. However the edit with the Crocman’s eyes glowing is pretty beast.

Theme – 1/10
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Dienekes22 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Style: 6/10

Substance: 7/10

Photography: 7/10
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these

Dienekes22
Minifig

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Style: 7/10
You've done a great job evoking a Mayan/Aztec pyramid with pretty basic construction, which is always nice to see. I agree with Ken on the parts usage for the heart, but the gold spires are also a great part choice.

Substance: 7/10
I can't really dock points for the basic construction, because it really works here. The only thing I would suggest would be adding actual steps instead of a slope, but with the blood running down it it actually looks quite good. While a bigger pyramid would have been impressive, the focus on the ceremony would have been lost, so I think the size is perfect.

Photography: 8/10
Wasn't a huge fan of the main picture at first, but the way the darkness seems to be enveloping the croc is actually really cool and ominous.

Theme: 1

Total: 22 (1)
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to The Armoury