[JJJ18] Skion Battlefield

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

[JJJ18] Skion Battlefield

Postby Dienekes22 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:11 pm

The Skion loaded onto their starships and headed out into the stars, burning for war and on fire for new lands and territory. From their blood-soaked planet they brought war and fire to the stars. With thunder and violence they expanded and built their fortresses and dug their trenches. From behind their razor wire and bayonets fixed they fought against all manner of foe.

With shouts of valor and hearts of iron Skion's infantry begins another stubborn defense of hard won ground.

Rockets hang in the sky, burning toward their ill-fated targets.

Reinforcements arrive from elsewhere in the trenches.

Shots ring off the dirt and fortifications in front of the fallen remnants of previous assaults.

The commander looks out from his bunker at the action outside.

Orks advance under heavy fire, dirt and grass kicked into the air.

The sound of machine gun fire hangs in the air, smothering all other sound.

The artillery team prepares their gun for battle. The king of the battlefield waits patiently to roar.

The orks have a hard slog ahead of them into the teeth of the Skion defensive system.

My entry into the June/July Jamboree. I'm very pleased with the build and after putting this together I'd love to do a forum battle on it. Hope you enjoy!
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these

Dienekes22
Minifig

Re: [JJJ18] Skion Battlefield

Postby Falk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Wow. Good job dude!
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Texhnophille » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 am

Extremely impressive! I'd love to participate in a forum battle on this battlefield.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

My lego Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/texhnophilleslegos/
Texhnophille
Minifig

Postby Kommander Ken » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:15 am

OOOORRRKKKS!
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby ImeantToDoThat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00 am

Looks great
ImeantToDoThat
Nice Dubs

Postby Kommander Ken » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Style – 9/10
This is a fantastic battlefield. I like how you used the chain elements as barbed wire and overall it looks like you had fun setting this up.

Substance – 9/10
The size of this field is very impressive. My only complaint, although small, is a little something to break up the monotony of the brown and green terrain. Mixing in some dark and light brown to give depth to the muddy trenches, some rocks, etcetera.

Photography – 7/10
The lighting is a little sketchy at times but the details are captured very well.

Theme – 1/10
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:45 pm

Style: 9/10
I love the overall look of this. The trenches, troops, bunker structure, barbed wire, and artillery all look great. The only thing I think might improve this is a few more Orks, and some slight colour variation in the landscaping wouldn't have hurt (though it's not hurting without it).

Substance: 9/10
Some of the terrain is a bit simplistic, but you've won me over with those trenches. The angled walls, and the way the log pieces stick out against the rest of the brown, are fantastic. Everything here is a great build.

Photography: 7/10
They're serviceable pictures, and the detail shots are nice. I understand it's hard to get a build this big into any kind of background setup, but it would feel a lot more epic without the table and walls there.

Theme: 2/10

Total: 25 (2)
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby ImeantToDoThat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Style 9/10

Substance 8/10

Photography 9/10
ImeantToDoThat
Nice Dubs

Return to The Armoury