Brag's Figs (Dungans of Westeron)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Brag's Figs (Dungans of Westeron)

Postby Craigallot » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:50 pm

This is where I will put new / updated figs I've been tinkering with whenever I have any. Feedback welcome.

More Dark Elves. Quite heavily based on a design I found on the web. Still need a name for 'em. I'm thinking priestesses since they're involved in rituals but that's kinda bland. Suggestions welcome.

Spent a lot of time tinkering with my Crimson Knights today to incorporate my Batman pieces. Ended up making bats a heavy pike unit I can make two of. Yay or nay?

And then there's this guy / thing. What could it be? :mystery:
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Brag's Figs

Postby ninja_bait » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Is Banshee taken?  The ladies look like they could be called banshees.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby Zahru II » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 pm

I think the middle dark elf design is weaker than the one on the sides.

Xalen's a little plain too. Have you considered basing it on Moltor yet?

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Lichesess perhaps? Bloodbinders?

The Batman cowl might work with the black and red Vladek armor, but IMHO it clashes with the gunmetal too much.

I second Zahru's suggestion on Xalen. His new weapon is great though. :studgod:
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Craigallot » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm

Moltor's torso looks like it could be perfect, I don't have it (yet) though.

You're right, swapping the grey armour with some of the other Crimson Knights' Vladek armour shouldn't be too hard.

Bloodbinders! I like that. :)
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby Tzan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:27 pm

They look like the ghost of evil wonder woman.
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby RedRover » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Are dark elves all female?

I just made a force for Novium of all female elf-like beings. They have an azure colored skin tone though
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:33 am

Not all, before I got these heads they were all male except for Nimoë actually (she used a peach female head). Now I have a few male ones, just fewer 'cos it's usually easier to pass off the female minifigs as elves.

Azure is cool. Dark Elves have a lot of varying skin colours depending on the medium. The ones with hints of blue are probably my favourites.

@Tzan: I hope that's a good thing :lol:

Craigallot

Postby Texhnophille » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:36 am

Having some blood mages would be cool.

The batman cowl looks alright. If it's not crucial for your crimson knights to be human, I'd swap their heads for something monstrous and preferably red to reinforce the color of their hands.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

My lego Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/texhnophilleslegos/
Texhnophille
Minifig

Postby motorhead fan » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:46 am

The last one reminds me of the spongebob episode when he tries to fly.
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Re: Brag's Figs (Crimson Knights, Princess Ossum)

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Texhno's suggestion gave me an idea for the Crimson Knights: why not make 'em more scary-lookin'? :) They're human, but Xalen has a demon form, and he's a Crimson Knight, so nothing says they can't be a little 'more than human' when it suits them. ;) I've basically went ahead and merged them with some of my demonspawn 'cos the demonspawn only had 8 figs and will very likely never be their own faction.

This new unit needs a name...

A noble (who is also a) sorceress, and the marshal of the order. The jack-o-lantern is a talisman and the whip functions as a staff - this lady simply whips the flow of magic into obedience.

Updated these guys, let's call 'em screechers. They guard places that the Crimson Order does NOT want you to enter, and their screeching, though unintelligible, is usually interpreted as 'get the hell outta there!'

Swapped the battle mages' heads for some more scary-lookin' heads I've had lying around for ages.

Some skeleton 'designs'. I can make a couple of each of these. Right to left: undead woodcutter (or wolfpack ranger, maybe), undead woad elf, undead Kerratian soldier.

More. Left guy is supposed to be a skeleton from the civilisation that used to exist in what's now the desert wasteland between the Kingdom and Kerrat (where the wraiths also come from). Middle one an assassin/ treasure seeker who was brave / foolish enough to come to the Black Citadel to look for treasure, the fish head I imagine is some sort of minor parasitic demon that's still controlling the skeleton it's attached to even after its host has rotted away.

And my current favourite: the bone bows / ghost bows. :) Finally found a use for those helmets. I can make 3 of these.

Another shadow wizard / aspiring necromancer. Torso used to be hidden underneath a crimson knight's armour before I swapped it out just now. You can tell he's a wannabe from the way he's trying to imitate Phineus' hairstyle. Anyway I figured if I was gonna make my skeletons submissive I needed more guys to keep them in check.

Princess Ossum of the Brittanian League and her loyal handmaidens, a converted tennis player and brit pop singer.

Blue berets, part of Ossum's retinue.

Craigallot

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:30 pm

The screechers are :666:, the Uruk-Hai heads are a good fit for them. I like the general direction you're taking of making the Crimson Knights more demonic and terrifying. New Crimson Knights are also awesome looking. Name suggestions . . . hmmmm, Bloodwings, Blackhelms, The Unforgiven (for experimenting with demonic powers), Hellborne, The Sanguine Guard?

Also for some reason I'm really intrigued by the idea of that parasitic fishhead skeleton, the idea of a demonic parasite still controlling your body long after death gives me some interesting ideas.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Texhnophille » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Bragallot wrote:Image

Updated these guys, let's call 'em screechers. They guard places that Crimson Order does NOT want you to enter, and their screeching, though unintelligible, is usually interpreted as 'get the hell outta there!'

Come, come sweet nightmares! :<3: They look both badass and scary, great job! As for the crimson knights, they now remind of original Doom's  red-eyed shotgun guys, which is more than enough for me.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

My lego Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/texhnophilleslegos/
Texhnophille
Minifig

Postby Zahru II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:08 pm

the fish head

It's the Falx portalmancer! Truly no rest for the wicked.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:29 pm

You remember him! :D I still have that fig. I originally bought 3 of those manta rays 'cos I was going to make 3 summoners, but then I decided to stick with only 1. For the Falx, it's meant to represent a kind of magical transformation they willingly undergo to get access to the Falx's highest magics.

Craigallot

Next

Return to The Armoury