Heroes of the Dragon Guard - B.R. 2019

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Heroes of the Dragon Guard - B.R. 2019

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:00 am

It's been a long while since I've posted something relevant here. At home I've been busy becoming a father of 2. I've also been spending time (slowly) adding to the ranks of the Dragon Guard (old link in my Sig).

I present, today, an updated roster of Heroes for the Guard. They arrive, on the one hand, in preparation for a prospective battle gathering in the works for Brickfair in November between a number of forum members. On the other, you may recall that Rev., the Signature Hero of the Guard, perished back in B.R. 2013 in battle against the Mythic Order. In the years since, Rev's demise created several power vacuums that are now being filled.

The New Cast of Heroes

From left to right: Helena the Hotshot, Majistick Wizard, Darius the Horselord, Sir Albert Frederick of Longtalon, and Watt the Stubborn.

Helena the Hotshot

Spoiler
Show
Helena the Hotshot is the queen-mother to the deceased Rev. Somewhat cold and calculating, in battle she is a fiery force to be reckoned with. Her title comes from her possession of a Wyrmtongue OT Bow. She is a lauded and decorated archer. Her mastery of the arcane talisman led her to found the order of Fireblades, who serve as her personal military arm. She herself, therefore, is as accomplished a sword fighter as she is an archer. Politically, she has been content to let Darius the Horselord to assume stewardship of the region of Wyvar. She could, if she chose, challenge that authority on the grounds of her lineage. Her political, civic, and military connections far outstrip those of Darius. For the time being she is pursuing other agendas.
Spoiler
Show
One such agenda is the accumulation of mystical talismans. She owns many to date and frequently strikes out on heroic escapades to claim more. As shown, she possesses an OT bow named Wyrmtongue (d4). In conjunction with the bow she wears a Blazing Gauntlet (d4) on her right hand, and her red Wyvern hair pin (d6) channels her innate magical acuity. Some throughout the kingdom speculate that, due to her collection, she could draw on more magical energies than the resident Magistick himself. Other Talismans in her collection include: a ghost-blade, an invisibility ring, an original Magistick Wand, the Future Fazer, and a chalice of poison.
Darius the Horselord

Spoiler
Show
Darius is one of the most successful veterans and strategists in all of Wyvar. He's led the Dragon Guard in campaigns against the undead, marshaled Dragon Guard forces in Thairm against the Mythic Order, and filled Wyvar' coffers in the events of the River Smithy Rumble. As his title suggests, he exercises particular lordship over the dragon knights and dragon riders of the army. Cunning and somewhat ruthless, Darius has a lust both for power and for riches. Nevertheless, he believes firmly in the prosperity of Wyvar, especially when he is in command. After the engagements of Thairm, he rose to stewardship uncontested, and through him the Dragon Guard's military might continues to grow.
Alfred Frederick of Longtalon

Spoiler
Show
Alfred speaks little of his past. For nearly three decades his whereabouts were unknown, and no word or contact was ever received from him. Now that war knocks at Wyvar's gates, he has returned. Some say he is some long, lost, reclusive relative of Rev. Other rumors speculate he was one of the first brave, intrepid knights to ally with the Magisticks as they tamed dragons; wanderlust getting the better of him, he struck out to hunt Brik monstrosities of all kinds. The tale he tells? He claims to have spent the last quarter century stalking and slaying POOP Dragons at the edge of the Negaverse. Whatever the truth, he is an artist with the axe and has taken to helping reshape the Dragon Guard's close combat infantry. In battle he has been known to strike out after whatever Great Beasts he can find.
Watt the Stubborn

Spoiler
Show
As the Dragon Guard grew in size, they eventually needed banners. Large armies need banners, to rally under, to look cool, and to intimidate the enemy. Watt was one of the first two Battle Standard carriers, and, to date, he is the longest lived (banners make big targets). As such, he has been promoted to Chief Standard Bearer. His incredible luck (or is it skill?) compliments his overconfidence and growing narcissism. He fancies himself a rival to Darius, believing his position on the battlefield as morale booster to be indispensable. He is a fine duelist and even greater showman.
Last edited by Rev. Sylvanus on Mon May 06, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Re: Heroes of the Dragon Guard - B.R. 2019

Post by Bragallot » Sat May 04, 2019 3:36 am

I 'member Darius! I may have something to do with him getting the reputation of ruthlessness. :twisted:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat May 04, 2019 7:31 am

Craigallot wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:36 am
I 'member Darius! I may have something to do with him getting the reputation of ruthlessness. :twisted:
Definitely Brag! In that forum battle you helped shape him from generic knight-leader to interesting character. Now he should have some interesting “friends” to play with.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 pm

Thats a neat way to develop heroic characters actually.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 am

The best characters in Brikwars grow organically from 'generic throwaway but still kinda cool hero' to ultimate badasses through the powers of Koincidence and Ossum. :)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?