Dreadnoughts

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:02 am

I was honestly expecting a massive warship (hopefully flying).
Oh well, this is still pretty awesome.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Gulag
Battlefield General

Post by Gulag » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 am

While these are definitely supposed to be Dreadnaughts from Warhammer 40K, they really look ALMOST nothing like them. I should know, I play Warhammer and my friends use vast hordes of Dreadnaughts under the apocalypse rules.

Now before I get flamed, I'm not saying that they are BAD models, just not really 40K Dreadnaughts. Though I do think they could benefit from a few more guns.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:56 am

i actually have a 40k based dreadnaught in whit light grey and gold in my current forum battle.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:19 am

I've got a picture

i'm planning to replace the gattling cannon with a more dreadnaught'y weapon the sarcoughagos is also interchangable aswell as the weapons i also used a scroll piece for a bit of 40k style detailing.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 am

Moronstudios wrote:
Tiny Tank Rannon wrote:Unless I'm missing something, isn't the total amount of weapon size you can use just double your creation size?
The rule are more of guidelines, so if you can bend rules like that if you want to.
If I start bending rules, I start powergaming, which I wouldn't want to do in Brikwars.
Massam wrote:I would add more to the legs...just so they look more sturdy, right now the look like a body with bones for legs..in a bad way. Bulk the legs up and I would greatly respect them.
Alright, when I get back to the rest of my lego, I'd try to come up with some leg armour, maybe those flat round 4x4 pieces as some extra armour? Really only going to help against the first few shots, but that's better than nothing.
Gulag wrote:While these are definitely supposed to be Dreadnaughts from Warhammer 40K, they really look ALMOST nothing like them. I should know, I play Warhammer and my friends use vast hordes of Dreadnaughts under the apocalypse rules.
6 Dreadnoughts drop podding in at 1500pts, just put that into your head, the only SM army I am willing to play at the moment. I love master of the forge just for that ability. Two squads of space marines in it for actual scoring units.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Want me to put my money where my mouth is right? ok i'll build one
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm

You'll just build the legs and then your camera will break.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:26 pm

yeah most likely but i did get the sentry pictures out so who knows

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:03 am

sorry about this double post any way i took you up on your offer to make my own Dreadnought Tiny Tank Rannon. check it out

Stuff Is Possible
Hero
Location: Corona, California, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, The Universe.

Post by Stuff Is Possible » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:34 am

I like this one more, and it has a drop pod. http://mocpages.com/moc.php/77839

Do you dare doubt the possibility?!

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 am

james+burgundy wrote:sorry about this double post any way I took you up on your offer to make my own Dreadnought Tiny Tank Rannon. check it out
Ah, shit... he actually took it up! :shock:
Yeah, your dread is better, but I was just inspired or basing mine off of the vague vision I had of dreadnoughts at the time, never intended it to be like http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/19838 that. These are just the ones I actually managed to take pictures of. If I can bitch about one thing, your legs are enormously large on that dread.

But hey, even the ill resourced can build, I'll have to rip apart Vrasku to do it, but I will fight back!

Funky Weasel
Officer

Post by Funky Weasel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Tiny Tank Rannon wrote:Snipers won't work when these things have been drop podded right behind them. Besides, they can always crawl to the foe, and they still have guns
I approve of this message. My closest analog, the BruteTRON got a leg blown off in it's first fielding and kept pounding away with the plasma rifle and king sized cutter until it got swarmed by filthy Neo Blacktrons.

I had a look at the j&b response - it is a good, solidly contructed model. However I find myself prefering Tiny's mecha, not for mindless forum 'personality' politics but because whilst the Greybrick is an excellent homage it lacks the personality of Bluebot and Greytron - they look closer to the Spirit of Brikwars.
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Funky Weasel wrote: I approve of this message. My closest analog, the BruteTRON got a leg blown off in it's first fielding and kept pounding away with the plasma rifle and king sized cutter until it got swarmed by filthy Neo Blacktrons.
Yeah, my Dreadnoughts never gives up, unlike 40K dreadnoughts which I always seem to blow up within turn two. One game, Vrasku lost both his weapons, and leaped out if his dreadnought onto another vehicle and shot the last survivor of the other team. (He was in a hardsuit, and could easily dodge a charging dreadnought.)

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Funky Weasel wrote:l] whilst the Greybrick is an excellent homage it lacks the personality of Bluebot and Greytron
yeah well the color i was not big on but it was easy gray i made a red one to day i might post later

Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Post by Tiny Tank Rannon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am

I'm salvaging parts from Vrasku to make a more 40k dreadnought, and since I can't post pictures until Friday, I have all this time on my hands.

Thank goodness I didn't through out my outdated marine codex.

UPDATE: I have built a more 40k dreadnought, the only problem being the legs. Will update with pictures on Friday or so.