The Tekkmenz

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

zirrian
Champion
Champion

The Tekkmenz

Post by zirrian » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi guys!
This will be the first review, and Overwatch of my army, made from all the figs and weapons found in my box.
And sorry, but in the first post, I can't put any picture, because I can't find my photo machine, but when I find it, I'll post the pictures of the whole army.

And now, I would like to speak some words about the tekkmenz, and their battle organisation.

My army, is not a regular one. I don't want to equip all my figures with tha same weapons, and do such a boring regular army. The tekkmenz are the Carnivores of the Universe, an innocent military organisation, with skillfull leaders, and a lot of strong stuffs from all the other worlds.

The first member of the army is a basic tekkmen troop. He is such a normal figure, with a melee weapon, and a short-range ranged weapon. The weapons are very various, from the chainsaw to the swords and axes. They can be called "cannon fodder", because they have the lowest rank in the tekkmen army. When a tekkmen obtain the nex rank, he/she become a comissar.
The comissar is a real troop, who can be found in any other player's army. This character is an officer, with a short-range pistol, and a shortsword. The commisar is the leader, who leads his tekkmens to the middle of the slaughter, and don't let the others escape from the firing line.
The next important soldier is the shooter. They fight with long-range rifles, guns, or any other weapons with a firing range of 12". They are snipers of the tekkmen army, so they has the marksman (or something like this) ability, which gives them a +1 modifier to the ranged skill test. But they need some serious defense, if they are in the closer range. And that's why I called the Tekkmen Guardians, the melee warriors of my army, with a shield, and a heavy weapon. They are shock troops, with a modifier to the melee skill roll. Their shields made them better armored then the shooters, and they have an ability: when they didn't taken the last turn's attack, they can redshirt any other troop in a 2" range.
Both of those squads runs with an officer. In the Guardian squad, the officer also have a short-range shooting weapon, and a banner carrier.
And here comes the bandits, elite troops from Coronia (from the Coronian Looters, ask Zahru, he was the creater of them, I just borrowed some soldiers from the planet). They are equipped with two short-range weapon, and got a +1" moving modifier. I've tried to make them look like bandits, or bad guys.
So, the tekkmenz have some interesting vehicles from all the hangars where they can steal from. And for these moving machines, they need skillfull pilots, who drive the mechs, tanks, and transports. The pilot has the stats described in the rulebook.
And so on, so on, I've described only them, because only these types of soldiers in my army.

Last, the heroes. They are essentially for a tekkmen army, and can be any archetypes that you can imagine. Bandit Lord of Coronia, Techno-Barbarian from a wild word, the Steam Paladin with the Steamhammer, the Lord Medic, and so on. There's only one hero, who is greater than the others, and he is High Commander Dorynna, leader of all the armies of the tekkmenz. So yes, the High Commander is a woman. Why? Let me to keep this secret :) On the battlefield, she commands a mech-squad from a commanding mech. Her killing machine is not the biggest in the universe, but enough-equipped to stop a wave of infantry with a single shot.

EDIT:
And here, the photos.

So here are the tekkmenz, the crazy little cannon fodders. They are made from all the figs and equipments I didn't use in the creation of the stronger elite units, but I think it can be seen. I'm trying to make them look like a bit "tekk"-er, but as usually I ran out of useable torsos and heads.

He is the comissar, a fearless leader of the tekkmen troops. He's an officer, and until he's alive, his squad is unaffected by fear.

They are the looters of coronia. The looters are the sneakers of the tekkmen army, and they are the fast killers. The officer has two modified sound.-blasters, which do an additional point of damage.

Here comes the Guardians! Theye are the defenders of the ranged units, such as the shooters. As I said, they can be a redshirt of any other unit within a 2" range.

So, the shooters are the best in ranged combat. Their number is small, but a shooter squad combined with the Guardians can be a hard obstacle.

The strongest weapon is a vehicle. Each tekkmen vehicle, even a transport, has at least two gun. The second one transports the medic across the battlefield to heal and revive the fallen tekkmens to continue the slaughter. The mechs are also important, but I couldn't take a picture of them, because they're not at home.

And last, the High Commander herself, within her battlemech. The mech's right arm is still unfinished, but I wanted to upload the picture, because I think the walker looks good. I hope you think it too :)

So, where's my money, james+burgundy?:)
Last edited by zirrian on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:51 pm

I can bet a lot of money there will be no photos
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

zirrian
Champion
Champion

Post by zirrian » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 pm

james+burgundy wrote:I can bet a lot of money there will be no photos
Really? :) Then I must do some :)

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:07 pm

I hope you do really i do but most people who start a thread and say photos will come later never get photos

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:23 pm

take the pictures before makeing the thread!!!
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:51 pm

muffinman42 wrote:take the pictures before makeing the thread!!!
Second

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:19 pm

James, you've probably made more threads without having your stuff done than everyone else on this forum combined.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:04 pm

yup but i stoped doing that a few months ago and am trying to get everyone else to do the same :)

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Let me just be the first to say;

PICTURES FAIL!

VirusU571
Champion
Champion

Post by VirusU571 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Well, i didn't get first, but i claim second!
PICTURES FAIL!

:P

Gunney
Minifig

Post by Gunney » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:26 am

Captain Zips, burn in hell.
Virus, you burn with Dry Ice, because im a sadistic man.

I will personally burn with pepper spray. to prove to you wussies burning is a fun and enjoyable experience.

Now then, if these pics are coming next week, please do stand forth and deliver when said item comes due. I'd love to see your Commissars.

By the way Zirrian, the fact that your High Commander is female is, kinda, not important? Commanders don't NEED to expose their genitals! They can wear all the armor they want and leave the enemy guessing!!!

But if genitals must be exposed, at least do it in a Rated Pg13 manner, with lots of random items to cover it up in the foreground of the movie.
"What is that?"

"I think thats the head of an onlooker"

But anyways, Natayla's commander is female (Go figure)
My commander is..
I forget, it flips every now and then.

But anyways, main point is, PICTURES.

SPECIALLY OF COMMISSARS.
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:23 am

Nah, don't be harsh with him. He'll definitely do some pics, it's only a matter of his laziness :D
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

zirrian
Champion
Champion

Post by zirrian » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:26 am

Zahru II wrote:Nah, don't be harsh with him. He'll definitely do some pics, it's only a matter of his laziness :D
And I don't want to be an asshole, who says "I will do it", and I won't do it...
And Gunney, imagine a comissar as the officer from the statcard, with different torso and head. But I think he's still kickass.

zirrian
Champion
Champion

Post by zirrian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:02 pm

So the pics are up, please say what you think about them. Now I'm on the purchasing of the minifig accessories, such as weapons, headgear, torsos, and many other things. At this time, don't focus on the oddness of the "army", I know that they are different :D

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:39 pm

YEAH!!!! a non-picture fail like the mech