Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 50k VIEWS! 3 NEW MOCS!

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:15 am

Well . . . for those that wanted a mecha . . .

-- Scythian "Gigas" Missile Support Platform --

Designed to fill the gap left by the departure of the Tarantula Infantry Fighting Vehicle in GR.2013 the Gigas was originally a side-project based upon the aging Huntsman command platform from GR.2011.

It is extremely stable on its four legs which are nothing more than massive motorized plates of armor and it's hull is beyond impenetrable from the front thanks to the usage of a rare "Duplo" Armor segment.

It is armed with a medium range Size 1 Missile rack, which carries 16 Antimatter missiles (basically nothing more than antimatter grenades in a new casing with medium range fuel storage and a missile guidance system linked to the Gigas multiple sensor arrays on the front and top of the mecha) and an under-slung Laser cannon.

It can also carry 4 troopers into battle in it's rear compartment.

(And the under shot to see how I made the legs, simple - effective and VERY stable. No more ball joints for me!)
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:11 am

I like this, looks good. Might I suggest a pair of giant scorpion claws and stinger/laser or undercarriage groin snuggle-canon.

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 40k VIEWS NEW ORPHEUS SHDT!

Post by TastySkippy123 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:53 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:A non-Writing post this time around, an LDD mock-up of the SpecOps soldiers invading Heavens Reach.

For those who enjoy the "Dark Side" of the Scythian Empire.

A Copy/Pasta from Betrayals - because I fancied me an LDD quicky.
:necro:

I just had to comment on this trooper. He looks very cool, do you have the bricks for a real lego one?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:40 am

Stock up on socket connectors, that method of connection tends to wear down the axlehole area and cause the pieces to snap.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Hana, axehole.

Also, it seems sturdy enough, how long do I have until they give out?
Spoiler
Show

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:21 pm

Depends on how often you move them, methinks. I hate it when my axeholes wear out.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:31 pm

I don't really have a proper estimate, it depends on the age/condition of your pieces. Still, they should last for a decent amount as is. Just keep a few extras around in case.
I used that technique on a fair amount of bionicle MOCs and never really liked it. The very connection itself is what methinks causes stressing (I wanna say it's because it's not a perfect fit, a few mms off). Posing forces/grinds the elements.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Zahru II wrote:I don't really have a proper estimate, it depends on the age/condition of your pieces. Still, they should last for a decent amount as is. Just keep a few extras around in case.
I used that technique on a fair amount of bionicle MOCs and never really liked it. The very connection itself is what methinks causes stressing (I wanna say it's because it's not a perfect fit, a few mms off). Posing forces/grinds the elements.
A lot of my really old (Think around Toa Nuva to Metru) ball sockets have gone completely. I'm pretty sure it's just age and the plastic being rather thin and not very structural. I think the ball socket joints themselves are not a perfect design, and often loosen up over time. I took to using a small amount of stick tac to give back some friction to them, but it's really only prolonging the inevitable.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:20 pm

The same issue plagues most smaller technic pieces with axle connectors - I've had many of these crack on me too:
Image Image

Oh I forgot to mention it but 2008-2009 sockets (the ones with the more squared ball cups and smoother texture) are way more brittle and fragile. It's just flat-out bad design, they were notorious for breaking even when they were otherwise mint.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:40 am

-- Scythian "Odachi" Upgraded "Katana" Veriable Mecha (Veritech) Assault Fighter --

It has taken some time, but the Katana is finally reaching the point of due obsolescence and as a result the Lords of the Scythian admiralty has put forward a proposition to various Scythian arms manufacturers.

To improve upon the Katana design, and at the price of its in-atmosphere capacity - solidify its capabilities as a space superiority fighter.

The end result was reclassified as the "Odachi" and put forward for testing halfway through GR.2018.

it features two high-powered laser cannon rifles on the wing-tips that can be rotated on the wings for 360 firing arcs, or detached and used as handheld rifles (which can't really be shown in LDD).

On top of this is features the laser turret from the now obsolete Tarantula Main Battle tank, which has been stripped of its erroneous armor and slaved to a fully independent VI system - fully capable of selecting targets and opening fire on enemy targets in either a point defense or assault capacity.

In also features two Anti-Matter Micro-missile launchers with 8 launch tubes (with room for two additional volleys inside each wing, bringing its full complement to 24 missiles) and wrist bound piledrivers which are tipped in Adamantuium hook/claws. The basis of these claws? For the Odachi to land on enemy capitol ships and pierce and then RIP AND TEAR their armor off - with the intention of causing massive hull breaches, disabling enemy weapons - to allow the Odachi to fire directly on the enemies internal hulls, or with the most audacious pilots - to allow boarding actions directly into enemy capitol vessels and destroy them from the inside out.

(I am about halfway through building this in reality - overwatch shots will be due soon.)
Spoiler
Show

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:57 am

Looks dope man.

btw, given it's your first post in months, welcome back.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:27 am

Goddamn, you actually made a good-looking VF out of legos. I didn't think anyone could do that. I'm terrified of what this thing will look like once you actually finish it.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:01 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:(I am about halfway through building this in reality - overwatch shots will be due soon.)
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gib model ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:36 pm

That thing looks really neat, menacing even with those gun hands. I like the design!
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat